Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stronger Alliances between Good/Good Evil/Evil + More Passive Elves

Default Stronger Alliances between Good/Good Evil/Evil + More Passive Elves

Updated the file with the fix for Mirkwood and I played around a bit more with the reputations... hopefully it works better now.
    Last edited by JonSnow; May 03, 2009 at 05:02 PM.

Default Re: Stronger Alliances between Good/Good Evil/Evil + More Passive Elves

Wait,so this is for good/good alliances vs evil/evil alliances? When you say unlikely,you lost me

And also can i load my game from this?

Thanks and if this is what i think it is,i will be DL it most likey

I'll explain, more of the good teams start allied with the other good teams, and if not allies then on good terms, the same is true now for the evil factions. And no, it's not save game compatible.

Oh i see,that is neat,i will def DL cause i love alliances like this and where can i find locked alliance cause yes im into the whole bad factions vs good factions as well.

And i wont be able to test it out for my current Harad campaign since it isnt load capable but i will try it for my 2nd campaign,most likey one of the good factions.

Thanks man,sounds like a great mod and idea

EDIT: Do i put the text file in main Third age folder or ?

Quote Originally Posted by playa View Post
    Oh i see,that is neat,i will def DL cause i love alliances like this and where can i find locked alliance cause yes im into the whole bad factions vs good factions as well.

And i wont be able to test it out for my current Harad campaign since it isnt load capable but i will try it for my 2nd campaign,most likey one of the good factions.

It goes in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Just a note that you've propogated a bug in descr_strat that was there in the TATW release. You might want to take the opportunity to fix it in your released file.

Settlement in West-Mirkwood province has a settlement/core building mismatch. Settlement is at level "village", but has core building of "wooden_pallisade" (which properly belongs to a town). This makes the settlement unable to be upgraded. Fix is to change settlement level to "town".

Good concept, definitely going to give it a try.
    Last edited by aduellist; May 01, 2009 at 12:27 AM.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

Quote Originally Posted by playa View Post

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255238

I think this is it...And Awesome sub mod!
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

dom385's Avatar Senator

how do you use this with the locked alliances mod ? that also uses descr_strat so surley if you overwrite it the locked alliances mod wont actually work.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Hum ... In my Rhun campaign (122th turn) Elves are extremally passive and simply uncapable of handling the OOMM. They don't need to be more passive than they are already. VH/VH btw.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

Quote Originally Posted by dom385 View Post
    how do you use this with the locked alliances mod ? that also uses descr_strat so surley if you overwrite it the locked alliances mod wont actually work.
    Are you sure? There aren't any files that conflict with each other?
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Quote Originally Posted by dom385 View Post
    You are mistaken, no files collide.

that is correct - the descr_strat.txt is optional as it only provides a change to faction relations at the beginning of the campaign. The core of the diplomacy capabilities are found in file which TATW do not even use yet (i found them in the M2TW main directory).

Quote Originally Posted by aduellist View Post
    Just a note that you've propogated a bug in descr_strat that was there in the TATW release. You might want to take the opportunity to fix it in your released file.

Settlement in West-Mirkwood province has a settlement/core building mismatch. Settlement is at level "village", but has core building of "wooden_pallisade" (which properly belongs to a town). This makes the settlement unable to be upgraded. Fix is to change settlement level to "town".

Good concept, definitely going to give it a try.

I would like to see this remark answered, is this bug fixed in this file or not?

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymus View Post
    I would like to see this remark answered, is this bug fixed in this file or not?
    Easy enough to fix. Open the descr_strat.txt with Notepad and search for West-Mirkwood. You'll see this:

Code:
    	level village
    	region West-Mirkwood_Province
    Change to:

Code:
    	level town
    	region West-Mirkwood_Province
    You'll need to start a new campaign.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Citizen

What exactly is witht he elves, wwhy do they have to be passive? That stops me from downloading the mod tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fereveldir View Post
    What exactly is witht he elves, wwhy do they have to be passive? That stops me from downloading the mod tbh.
    Its closer to lore, if thats your thing. Since by this time the elves were isolating themselves and/or waiting to sail west. Majority of elf actions at this point were mostly defensive.

Does this sub mod work

Citizen

No, it's evil and will destroy your hard drive. Of course it works.

217 downloads and I've gotten one rep. I love you guys too <3. Uploading new version in a moment with fixes and such. Also I am working on campaign AI files.

Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
    217 downloads and I've gotten one rep. I love you guys too <3. Uploading new version in a moment with fixes and such. Also I am working on campaign AI files.
    AND THAT WAS ME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast