Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Empire Seven Years war battlepack - New uniforms, New Flags, and New Officers

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Default Empire Seven Years war battlepack - New uniforms, New Flags, and New Officers

7 Years War Battlepack

Hello everyone, I've finished compiling all the pieces of work ready for a new release, the Seven Years War battlepack.

Included are my own 7 Years war infantry skins for Britain, Sweden, Poland, Austria and Prussia, as well as my finished 'shaved' officers, Spanky's excellent 7 Years war flags, which are incredibly accurate, and erasmus777's equipment tweak mod, to add a little more authenticity to your battles.

The 7 years war was perhaps the most defining part of the 18th century in Europe, however in vanilla, CA focussed on making their units more like those from the American war of Independence. Hopefully this pack will allow you to experience a little of the war that changed the face of the world for years to come, with American independence and the French revolution both indirect causes of it.

From the Readme:

Code:
     The 7 years war battlepack aims to give the player a set of historically accurate uniforms and flags for the player to use in single player, that are
    all based around the 7 years war - the 18th century's biggest conflict fought in India, Europe and America between nearly all the nations of Europe.
    Winston Churchill famously called it 'the first World War'.

This release includes the following mods, all included in one .pack file to make it easier for the player to use in conjunction with other mods.

---7 years war line infantry skinpack (Jingle_Bombs)---
        Adds new skins for Britain, Prussia, Austria, Sweden and Poland-Lithuania

---7 years war realistic flag pack (Spanky)---
        Adds new battle flags for Britain, British Republic, Austria, France, Poland Lithuania, Prussia, Russia and Sweden 

---'shaved' officers for all factions (Jingle_Bombs)---
        Reskins officers for all factions, finally eliminating the annoying 'pirate' beards they had in vanilla, they are now all clean shaven, and some wear wigs (if you have unit detail set to lower than ultra, then they all have wigs)

---equipment tweak mod (erasmus777)---
        Changes the battle equipment for infantry and cavalry, primarily by eliminating the infantry backpacks and haversacks, and replacing them with more accurate ammo boxes, as soldiers of this era did not fight in full gear. 
    It also adds Spontoons, large spears, to officers for them to use in additon to their sword. The Spontoon was a device used for pointing and giving orders to the unit.

TO INSTALL:

Once you've unzipped this archive, add the pack file  to your Empire data folder, and either edit your user_script, or use LtChambers' mod manager to activate the file. The mod manager can be found here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4747241#post4747241

You should now be ready to play.

KNOWN ISSUES:

---The grenadier officers and those of the colonial line units still have beards. I've no idea how to fix this yet, but I'm working on it.

FURTHER RECOMMENDATIONS

---For an excellent and accurate French roster, I strongly suggest that you use the Ancien Regime skin pack, it is fully compatible with this mod, as I myself am using it =D

---Waronmar's Spanish reskin is also worth getting, and is fully compatible with this mod.

================================================================================================================

Credits:

Jingle_Bombs
    Spanky a.k.a Frederic Anklin
    Erasmus777
    Pictures:

New Skins:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Officers

Flags

I almost forgot! It's not in the readme, but Spanky kindly asked me to provide these additional credits as to his sources:

Austrian flag based on plate by PMPdeL, and Polish-Lithuanian-Saxon and Swedish flags based on plates by Hannoverdidi, at kronoskaf.com:

="http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Image:Austrian_German_Infantry_Leibfahne.jpg

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...lonel_Flag.jpg

http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.p...lonel_Flag.jpg

DOWNLOAD:

http://rapidshare.com/files/22760628...ack_v1full.zip - Single .pack version (all mods in one .pack file)

http://files.filefront.com/7+years+w.../fileinfo.html - Multi .pack version (each mod in a seperate .pack file)
    Last edited by Trajan; July 17, 2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Fixed stretched page issue

Default Re: Empire Seven Years war battlepack

Both the line infantry and officer skins are wonderful, and the British skins in particular remind me of Barry Lyndon. They are easily my favourite out of the pack.

Thank you for spending so much time on this, a job well done!

Default Re: Empire Seven Years war battlepack - New uniforms, New Flags, and New Officers

These look really good, the uniforms from this conflict are amongst my favourite.

One thing that came to mind when I saw the British officer was that of Major Duncan Heyward from 'Last of the Mohicans' (1992), his uniform is very smart. I reckon if you were to continue your work on the Officers they should look like him!

The video on this web page might give a better picture:

http://norrington516.multiply.com/vi..._deleted_scene

The only thing I'm not sure about is the facings on the British soldiers. They used to be yellow on your previous version and now they're white, is this a historical adjustment?
    Last edited by Humphrey; April 30, 2009 at 05:19 PM.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Default Re: Empire Seven Years war battlepack - New uniforms, New Flags, and New Officers

I was waiting for this one. Nice work man.

Is the Russian Line skins inside the pack ? ALthought really good work man !!

I can't download the mod via rapidshare or megaupload, can someone please upload the mod to badongo? thank you

I like everything except the ammo boxes. What file answers for them?
    Last edited by chiyo; May 01, 2009 at 08:18 AM.

This appears to have the same bug the other mod that added sponsons has: when light dragoons (or cabineers) fire, it crashes.

Im glad to see a few of the mods Im currently using packed together in one . Nice work ! +rep
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

sgt_melin's Avatar Semisalis

have installed this one, great mod. and mutch for the download +rep

Looks excellent!

For those of you having trouble with the equipment mod, I'm currently uploading the multipack version of the mod. It includes all parts of the pack but as seperate .pack files so you can disable elements of it as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    The only thing I'm not sure about is the facings on the British soldiers. They used to be yellow on your previous version and now they're white, is this a historical adjustment?
    Interesting you brought that up. The British army, much like their continental counterparts, had a knack for having a different uniform for almost every regiment. As a result, there are lots, and I mean lots of coat/facings combinations. A look at uniforms from a single battle of the French and Indian war alone shows troops with yellow facings, blue facings like the ones in vanilla, white facings, and believe it or not, lime green facings too!

I just picked this particular one, as it's the uniform used by the regiment in Barry Lyndon, and I hoped through this decision that I'd be able to bring a bit of the classic nostalgia of that film into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    This appears to have the same bug the other mod that added sponsons has: when light dragoons (or cabineers) fire, it crashes.
    I didn't experience the above problem, but I did have a CTD when I clicked on a French Horse Guards unit to chase down a routing militia unit.

I had held off on trying any mods until the gameplay patch was released. Now that it's out, I decided to try out some of the modded skins. This one caught my eye because it looked great, combined several mods in one, and focuses on the BIG WAR of the 18th Century. Further, based on the recommendation in its text file I also grabbed the Ancien Regime v.04 and Waronmar's Spanish reskin. Finally, since I was about to fight the Westphalians, I got the Minor German Faction mod.

Everything appeared to have installed ok. Also, I was coming near the end of a battle in which everything seemed to working fine- all units firing away without a hitch including carbineers. However, I got a CTD when I clicked for a Horse Guards unit to melee with a routed Westphalian militia unit.

Before today, I've never experienced a CTD in a battle in ETW. So it's definitely one of the mods that caused it. Further, due to the fact that I installed several different mods, I don't know which one caused the CTD or if I created a bad combination. (The German Faction mod might not be compatible with this mod? But that would not explain why a French unit caused the CTD.) I guess I could just get rid of them all, and go back to vanilla. However, I was so impressed with how the new skins and flags looked that I really don't want to go back to vanilla. The new stuff really looks extremely nice. Just really great work.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to what caused the CTD and if there are any steps I could take to avoid another?

Honestly? since the mods you've got are really just skinning ones it does sound like just a random CTD from the game, as there's no concievable way I can think of that a skin can cause a CTD during a game.

mod compatibility can be a problem though, and as a general rule of thumb I check out the contents of mods using the pack file manager, just to make sure it won't bugger anything up. Try it again with the mods and then with vanilla, and see if there's a difference.

Also, the multi pack is now up! (or it will be once I've pasted the link into the OP)

Jingle-Bombs:

Thank you for the quick reply. You may be right about it just being a random ETW CTD because all the mods I added were just skins, but it was the first one I've ever encountered during a battle since I've had the game. I went back to that battle and just grabbed my French cavalry (Chasseurs, Carbineers, Lancers, Horse Guards) and started melee clicking on every Westphalian unit just to see if the CTD would repeat. It didn't. So it could very well be just a random CTD.

I've considered myself one of the "lucky ones" as to ETW CTDs because I haven't really experienced any game breaking ones, but to encounter one during a battle was very annoying especially since it was almost over! Anyway I'm going to give it another shot, and hope that it was just a very isolated random CTD.

And thanks to you and your fellow modders for your work on this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    Interesting you brought that up. The British army, much like their continental counterparts, had a knack for having a different uniform for almost every regiment. As a result, there are lots, and I mean lots of coat/facings combinations. A look at uniforms from a single battle of the French and Indian war alone shows troops with yellow facings, blue facings like the ones in vanilla, white facings, and believe it or not, lime green facings too!

I just picked this particular one, as it's the uniform used by the regiment in Barry Lyndon, and I hoped through this decision that I'd be able to bring a bit of the classic nostalgia of that film into the game.
    Not seen Barry Lyndon which probably explains why I preferred the Yellow facings which I think represented the Cheshire Regiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    Not seen Barry Lyndon which probably explains why I preferred the Yellow facings which I think represented the Cheshire Regiment.
    You've not seen Barry Lyndon? Gah! Unacceptable!

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    You've not seen Barry Lyndon? Gah! Unacceptable!
    Oh God yeah I've seen that clip; first thing that comes up when you type 'Redcoat' into Youtube!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast