Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion Thread

Icon3 Suggestion Thread

Post your suggestions and ideas here!

I have deemed it proper to create a special sub-thread dedicated to suggestions about what to change in the game. I will personally try my best to confirm suggestions here and apply them to APE: TI.

This is a community project and so I hope you will all take pride in making APE: TI yours through projects like this. Thank you for your support and knowledge.

Proper Suggestion Format:
    Topic: (Ex: Population Issue)
    Timeline: (Ex: Year 1700, Start)
    Explanation: (Ex: France's population is too high in the game)
    Suggestion: (Ex: I suggest we lower the population to 'X' at startup)
    Sources: (Ex: www.french-population-in-1700.com)
    Notes: (Ex: l33t is so s3xy, zomg!)

*Feel free to include attachments if you want to supply a pdf or doc as a source.
    *If this format doesn't apply well to you, just create something similar, just try to keep it orderly. I don't like ciphering through a messy post.

Good huntin' folks!
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; May 31, 2009 at 05:37 PM.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Praepositus

Default Re: Suggestion Thread

OH, another idea

What about if gentlemen were able to rob money from regions? And then the region's happiness and your treasury would go down?

Praepositus

Oh, and just another idea

Why don't you send a gentlemen to another country's school and be able to offer technologies there?

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

I love the robbing idea -- I will definately keep that one in mind!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espańa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

Suggestions:

1: add a light infantry unit to spain, as i see it as unfair that no unit of spain can delpoy stakes(correct?) while smaller nations like portugal can...i mean, its spain for gods sake...jaja

2:maybe up the sizes of the units using the miltiplier mod? im just thinking about 20-30 per cent increase only, can get laggy if too many = more intense, more REALISTIC (been the mod opperative word ) battles and situations!!

well thats me off to bed for tonight! good night!

Boche - I agree with the light infantry, I'll find something for them!

Please check my most recent thread about unit sizes; there is no need for the mod itself to change units sizes!

Praepositus

On the robbing idea

I'm sorry, I meant rakes, not gentlemen

Praepositus

Oh, I have an idea

what if one of your ministers tries to assassinate the king?

Praepositus

I've noticed that most of my ideas have to do with the campaign

i dont know if this is possible, but how about being able to assassinate cabinet members or members of the government? Also, being able to assassinate captains like in the old TW games.

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

My suggestion: Don't make it 3 turns per year. It just doesn't make much sense, and it messes up the number of seasons. If anything, make it 4 turns per year. Its much better that way.
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

bugger i missed this thread when forum skimming and made my post in the other section my bad

moved

laying as Russia

tech research plug B light infantry doc and canister

first off nice mod i like the fact its a heft 400mb as for actual improvements the faster research works well but there's a few things i think might need attention.

first off light infantry are way overpowered at the beginning of the game 50 accuracy makes for a big advantage over line troops and there load times seem a bit high.
    as i understand it light infantry used smooth bore muskets like line troops so aside from a small boost to account for actually aiming there shouldn't be too much difference between there accuracy ratings something more like 42 maybe? .
    have you considered introducing late and early light infantry (unlocking when rifling is researched and replacing the outdated unit*) which should would justify 50 accuracy rating.
    also they have acces to the mine defence which seems wrong shouldnt that be limited to sapper units?**

second cavalry seem a bit to tough when bogged down in melee maybe dropping there defense and attack rating and raising there charge bonus

artillery are finally useful i love the accuracy they have now but it seems a tad high on the early pieces 70 for a saker and 60 for a demi is a bit much considering there described as early pieces some designed for stone shot
    some new tech would be nice is there anyway to introduce a tech for standardised shot production?
    and i cant remember but is there already a late game tech for rifled cannon barrels?

*note:in the case of rifles and possibly rifiled cannons is there any possibility in having mid game units that are exspensive and take a long time to produce but ballenced by effectivenes unlocked by a rifled barrels tech and a late game cheaper version that unlocks with machined parts?

**actully should it be possible to build defences such as fireing treches and mines withought sappers at all?

Zeeky_Bomb's Avatar Civis

The one (yes, one) thing I'm not 100% on with this mod is the naval aspect. I used to be an IS fan, and I still think the naval combat there was much more realistically done.

In APE, I've seen a broadside from a sloop take down half of another sloop's hull. I know they're light ships, but you shouldn't have ships sinking every 30 seconds. Perhaps raising hull strength as much as 5 times would do the trick. Of course, grapeshot would have to be made less powerful so that naval battles don't just involve ships slinging grapeshot at eachother - 20-30 men killed per broadside sounds reasonable. As it stands, however, chainshot is perfect.

TheBurn - Using ketzer's guide I can make rakes assassinate captains and not just generals - not sure about cabinet members.

Hunter Makoy - Give me some more details, what do you see as the pros and cons for 4 turns vs 3 turns! Thanks for taking the time!

Kae936 - That's a lot of great info, thanks! I'll see what changes I can make to balance early light infantry out with the line, and the fougasse is abvailable to them by default. I am thinking of taking it completely out of the game -- it's simply not useful enough when I have used it.

Zeekey Bomb - I will experiment, the patch may have an adverse affect as well; we're not sure if the hull 0 bug actually makes them easier to blow up, but it looks like it.

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

I think an implementation of true early and late era troops (like in every other TW game) would be a great improvement.
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Is it possible to give Artillery limited ammo, since they are much better in APE they can be a little to good. If each battery had something like 20-30 shots per cannon then it would be more realistic, I know from experinace that you can't put much more than that into a limber the size of the ones in E:TW anyway.

Two Graphics ideas:
    Could it be possible to make a few of the men in each infantry regiment be Sergants/Corprals by adding stripes to only a few soldier's uniforms? Anyone know how that could work? It seems kind of strange that (on ultra scale) you have one officer, one flag, one drummer, and 157 privates in each line infantry regiment
    What also could be cool is to add another flag to each regiment, if possible the nation's flag, as well as some sort of battle flag.

i know limiting ammo would be more realistic but i like the fact that cannon have unlimited shot rather than remove this could we introduce some sort of out of supply rule?
    if anyone remembers the mods from MTW2 that featured a trait based supply system gained and lost as army's resupplied in city's and such maybe a similar system but counting the whole province as being in supply.
    the major downside to this would be getting the AI to accept this and a slight slow in game play again as in my previous post new tech could be introduced so army's could remain supplied for longer in the field.
    any army not supplied would then suffer from not having there ammo restocked after each battle and suffer from attrition in extreme cold or hot conditions making it harder to attack during winter or in the desert (this is historically correct i think army's wouldn't march in winter due to the adverse conditions) unless you had troops that where trained to fight in them example Sepoy's in India would have normal campaign movement during the hot season compared with European line infantry

Praepositus

What about if ships mysteriously disappeared at sea?

Page 1 of 36 123456789101126 ... LastLast