Thread: E3 opens today may18-20

looks like everybody is betting on the PS3:

Los Angeles, CALIF., May 16, 2005 – At a press conference held in Los Angeles, California, today, Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) revealed the outline of its PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3) computer entertainment system, incorporating the world’s most advanced Cell processor with super computer like power. Prototypes of PS3 will also be showcased at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), the world’s largest interactive entertainment exhibition held in Los Angeles, from May 18th to 20th.....
    PS3 combines state-of-the-art technologies featuring Cell, a processor jointly developed by IBM, Sony Group and Toshiba Corporation, graphics processor (RSX) co-developed by NVIDIA Corporation and SCEI, and XDR memory developed by Rambus Inc. It also adopts BD-ROM (Blu-ray Disc ROM) with maximum storage capacity of 54 GB (dual layer) , enabling delivery of entertainment content in full high-definition (HD) quality, under a secure environment made possible through the most advanced copyright protection technology. To match the accelerating convergence of digital consumer electronics and computer technology, PS3 supports high quality display in resolution of 1080p(*) as standard, which is far superior to 720p/1080i.
    http://www.e3insider.com/newsroomArticle.a...leID=XVP9S9ATHZ

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

I wish I was there. Anybody curious about "Gods and Generals"? Fileplanet has the E3 video on it. Looks a little too Spartan:Total Warrior for me. Plus the consoles going to full HD is AWESOME. HD gaming is THE reason I bought an HDTV.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

AlexanderII's Avatar Civis

There is no doubt I will pick PS3 over the next XB. Microsoft is an extortionist company and it pisses me off. Playstation has always gave out quality products, I have no doubt the PS3 will look more graphically amazing than the next XB
    "I'm not a complete idiot -- some parts are missing..."

Mozart, the Led Zeppelin of classical music; or is it Led Zeppelin, the Mozart of classic rock?

Originally posted by AlexanderII@May 17 2005, 12:56 PM
    There is no doubt I will pick PS3 over the next XB. Microsoft is an extortionist company and it pisses me off. Playstation has always gave out quality products, I have no doubt the PS3 will look more graphically amazing than the next XB
    The PlayStation 3 is only a terraflop over the XBOX 360. :p Yes, PS3 is much better and I'm definitely getting it. Still, the 360 comes out in November and the PS3 is coming out in spring.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

I'll probably end up with both. While the PS3 seems to be an all around better machine, there are some XBOX exclusive titles that I'm going to want to play. ahem....Halo3. Plus I really don't like the PS2 online. XBOX Live is waaaay better.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

Originally posted by Pent uP Rage@May 17 2005, 01:09 PM
    I'll probably end up with both. While the PS3 seems to be an all around better machine, there are some XBOX exclusive titles that I'm going to want to play. ahem....Halo3. Plus I really don't like the PS2 online. XBOX Live is waaaay better.
    The PS2 online. Sony put only mediocre efforts into the PS2's Internet. The PS3 is a different story.

I'd get both if I had enough money.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

krazykarl's Avatar Tech Monkey

Im hoping to see some good coverage on a few titles from E3, mainly Civilizaton IV, Battlefield 2, Call of Duty 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, and the new Zelda game for the gamecube (this may actually persuade me to buy one, albeit from the bargin bin)
    -There is no Overkill
    -Apathy causes the least amount of conflict with stupid people

Check out my Guide to creating webpages
    Under the patronage of Incinerate_IV