Thread: Can't make war with Carthage.

Default Can't make war with Carthage.

I tried a Numidian campaign and besieged the city of Carthage, but next turn, the siege would be broken, and we would be allies once again. Is this scripted or something?

Default Re: Can't make war with Carthage.

Ops, I am afraid so. But I must confess that I never thought that somebody would play as Numidia so I did not write the script properly. If you want, I can give you instructions to fix it. Otherwise, it is a matter of waiting for 40 turns (20 years)

Well, I just wanted to try a skirmisher based army, and I thought Numidia might be a good one. I like playing as barbs more though, so it doesn't matter. Thanks anyway

Angrychris's Avatar Primicerius

What would be the fix so i can update it just in case

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

You must open the RGBS file that is inside:

\RG\data\scripts\show_me

Look for "diplomatic_stance" (without quotations)

Delete all this paragraph:
    Code:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType carthage
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

console_command diplomatic_stance carthage numidia allied

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType carthage
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType numidia
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

end_monitor

monitor_event FactionTurnEnd FactionType numidia
    and I_TurnNumber < 40

end_monitor

cool thanks, anything else that i can do to make the game better? I been playing as india and im assuming that i need to delete my starting units just to stop an economic deficit by turn two, was this also meant to happen?

Leave it to the modder to perfect the works of the paid developers for no profit at all.

Yes, I am afraid that elephants are very expensive to maintain.

Of course, the AI gets some help. But the human player must choose carefully the composition of his armies.

Very cool mod, If you fail diplomatic transactions will they lose experience? I have noticed my diplomat(s) gain and lose experiance icons and was not sure if it was automaticaly done if proposals are rejected, i am not refering to traits but experiance (influence?).

I would guess so. But, to be sincere, I have never paid too much atention to diplomats in RTW. I tended to use assassins.

Yeah i was just wondering because somtimes my diplomat would have possitive traits with alot of experience and then have less experience with negativbe traits. Playing as India i am surprised how well diplomacy is working for me (never works in vanilla).

Unfortunately each tim ei try to continue or load the campaign it auto boots me to windows.
    Last edited by Angrychris; June 02, 2009 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrychris View Post
    Unfortunately each time i try to continue or load the campaign it auto boots me to windows.
    Are you using the autosave feature? It is said to cause corrupted savegames from time to time.

both auto save and the manual save both resulted in booting, i started a new campaign but can this be avoided in the future or is it luck of the draw? One last question pertaining to if it is possiable for the AI to attack me? The reason i stopped playing SPQR is because the AI wont attack unique factions, is this similar?

Concerning the problem with loading save-games, I must confess that I have no idea. It is possible that you get some CTD, but most of the times it can be recovered by loading a previous campaign.

On the other hand, I am sorry but I cannot understand your question about AI and unique ¿? factions.

I started a German campaign and i was booted but i was able to recover my previous save, so whatever happened during the india campaign must of been some wierd glitch.

My last question is wheather the AI will attack you no matter what faction you select to play as or is the ai passive and can only be attacked (like many SPQR factions). Ghaul is attacking me during my german campaign and i was wondering if non-rebel ai factions willl attack when they encroach onto your borders or are only certain ai factions scripted to attack? I want to whole world coming after me once rebel factions are taken out.(sorry for the wierd wording)

No need to apologize, I am the first to have problems with English sometimes.

Concerning your question, the only limit to AI diplomacy that I placed in the mod was the one concerning Numidia and Carthage. So for the rest of factions the campaign will follow the usual RTW behaviour: once you share a border with an AI faction, it will attack you until you destroy it.

In fact, I wish that we could do more to correct this behaviour.

I enjoy a challange and i would always prefer them being over aggressive rather then passive.I love the mod, units, and am having a ball playing it. Are there any updates or sequals planned in the future or is this the finished product?