Thread: Being Rid Of Those Flaming Battle Banners.

Icon10 Being Rid Of Those Flaming Battle Banners.

I've been playing the Regions & Provinces Mod for some time now and have recently just discovered the new version this very day.
    So far everything seems to be just as good as the previous editions (and may I say a well done to the modders) , but for one thing: The in-battle banners.

Yes, I'm talking about those great big banners that flap up and down and block the view of my men and annoy the hell out of for losing the in-depth nature of the game.

I have scoured the board for another relevant thread about this, but could not find one.

I have tried opening up the preferences file, but all I get is this:

Milan_Initial_Advice_Thread  ' Unexplored_Overview_Pope_Advice_Thread   Throw_Cows_At_Enemy_Thread  ) Recruitment_Light_Infantry_Advice_Thread  " Gunpowder_Deploy_in_Blocks_Thread   Using_A_Shield_Wall_Thread  ( Recruitment_Heavy_Cavalry_Advice_Thread  ( Message_Open_Pope_Mission_Advice_Thread  ' UI_Scroll_Battle_Results_Advice_Thread  & Unexplored_Create_Jihad_Advice_Thread  " Siege_Defend_With_Missiles_Thread  & Unexplored_Attack_Fleet_Advice_Thread  & Help_UI_Crusade_Targets_Advice_Thread  - Help_UI_Scroll_General_Details_Advice_Thread  0 Help_UI_Scroll_Settlement_Details_Advice_Thread  $ Recruitment_Artillery_Advice_Thread  $ UI_Panel_Fort_Details_Advice_Thread  / Help_UI_Panel_Field_Construction_Advice_Thread  ( UI_Scroll_Faction_Ranking_Advice_Thread 

...and so on.

Where is the option to switch off the banners and everything else? Is it still available? If so, where?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Being Rid Of Those Flaming Battle Banners.

Open up RegionsModBm.cfg in Notepad. Go down the llist and will see disable_banners =0. Change the 0 to 1, save and have fun.
    Last edited by irishron; April 29, 2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: My oops

Thanks for the help, irishron, much appreciated.

I did as you said but couldn't find "disable_banners =0" anywhere on the notepad, but I did find "show_banners = 1".

I didn't change the number but went straight into playing a game and entered battle and found the 'bouncy banners' had disappeared anyway!

A bug, perhaps?

I'll see if it is still doing that tomorrow when I play. Thanks again for the help.

An update as to how to remove those banners; I removed it by altering the option "show_banners = 1" to "show_banners = 0".

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Glad to hear it worked. Closed.