Thread: Better Campaign AI

Default Better Campaign AI

Hi,

I'm starting to become really frustrated with the game. I set the campaign AI on the highest setting possible, and yet the computer still hardly participates in the game it seems like in terms of expansion.

France and the UK pretty much never expand everytime I've played the campaign which is annoying since they're supposed to be the best empires in the game. So it makes no sense that they just sit there and not do anything. I mean they should like start causing wars and shiz in europe or africa and whatnot. The computer also never carries armies through the navy to land on shores! The british are supposed to do that like all the time! Dropping off on your shores for you to fight. Empires should have a greater intent to expand and cause chaos instead of just sitting.

Basically, everytime I play, it feels like I'm the only one causing all the changes.

Another really annoying thing is that Alliances are hardly ever useful except for the sea battles. Allies hardly ever actually contribute to battles. Oh and another thing I hate is that once you cause a war with your allies, but then eventually decide to request peace with another nation, your allies are still at war with that nation. There should be a way to negociate for the whole alliance, otherwise it seems that the war never ends. The computer never even really declares peace on his own. So by the end of the game, everybody is like at war with each other because of me lol.

I know that this idea might be complicated to do, but tell me what you guys think.
    Last edited by Zizou; April 29, 2009 at 06:41 PM.

Default Re: Better Campaign AI

I believe that both DarthMod and Imperial Splendor were designed to address several of the issues you raise. Why don't you take a look at them.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Better Campaign AI

a lot of the things that are mentioned here have been cleared up with todays patch by most accounts....the ai has never been more agressive than it has been since the latest patch...it seems like all the world has become a lit keg,with wars of expansion and grasps for power springing up all about