Thread: Westeros Total War Update - Developers Needed

Darkstar's Avatar Senator

Icon4 Westeros Total War Update - Developers Needed

Just wanted to give everyone a brief update as to where we stand.

1. Developer Team

I have been named acting team leader by stormbringer.I've removed a lot of inactive members from the Dev team and am looking to add a few more. First and foremost, the team is in need of a skinner. Experience isn't necessary if it's something you have the inclination and ability to learn.

I'll consider adding other team members as well so please let me know if you're interested and what skills you have.

2. Kingdoms Conversion

We're still discussing the conversion of WTW to a Kingdoms only mod. We have a working version available if we do decide to make the switch so development shouldn't be slowed down due to this.

3. Next Steps

We're currently putting together a list of what needs to be done for what this mod needs to release a v1.0. Once this list is compiled over the next week or so, we'll begin working on a more consistent basis. If you have any ideas on what you'd like to see in v1.0 feel free to post them here.

Thanks for your continued interest and support.

Default Re: Westeros Total War Update - Developers Needed

If the decision is made to move the mod to Kingdoms then I would like to volunteer for the position of skinner. I have some experience and my skills are continuously improving. My only request would be to work as a solitary skinner for various reasons of which I will not go into detail here.

Congratulations on the promotion Darkstar, I hope your involvement breathes some new life into the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian View Post
    My only request would be to work as a solitary skinner for various reasons of which I will not go into detail here.
    I certainly don't have a problem with that assuming you're up to the task. I think a single skinner makes sense because they tend to have the same stylistic approach across factions. However, most factions still need to be skinned so there is a lot of work.

I am willing to commit myself to the completion of all skinning tasks, no matter how long it takes. I am my own harshest critic when it comes to any sort of creative work, so I may not be the quickest person to complete a task but will ensure it is done to the best of my ability.

I will get to work on a new unit skin so you can pass judgment on my suitability for the position.

I'd like to contribute to the project too. I've no experience modding anything though. I'm going through the twc modding coding tutorials now to get my feet wet. I should be ready when you guys start.

By the way what kind of code revision system do you guys use?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian View Post
    I am willing to commit myself to the completion of all skinning tasks, no matter how long it takes. I am my own harshest critic when it comes to any sort of creative work, so I may not be the quickest person to complete a task but will ensure it is done to the best of my ability.

I will get to work on a new unit skin so you can pass judgment on my suitability for the position.
    Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing your work.