Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mod's Main Objectives.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Mod's Main Objectives.

Right now, I have too much on my plate for adding another faction. With all the region slots filled except maybe one, odds are you'd only get Oslo, anyway. It would have abetter chance of dying than expanding.

There are too many hardcoded limits to work around concerning factions, regions, cultures, religion and this mod is up against all.

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Right now, I have too much on my plate for adding another faction. With all the region slots filled except maybe one, odds are you'd only get Oslo, anyway. It would have abetter chance of dying than expanding.

There are too many hardcoded limits to work around concerning factions, regions, cultures, religion and this mod is up against all.
    If you ask me, the New World serves no point to me. Thats 6 regions.
    Malta and Rhodes do not add much either, an other 2.
    How about shifting the map more northbound?
    I was thinking: why have obtainable Sahara desert? Making one "impassible desert zone" will probably give you an other 2 or 3 regions. That would be 10 regions to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    If you ask me, the New World serves no point to me. Thats 6 regions.
    Malta and Rhodes do not add much either, an other 2.
    How about shifting the map more northbound?
    I was thinking: why have obtainable Sahara desert? Making one "impassible desert zone" will probably give you an other 2 or 3 regions. That would be 10 regions to add.
    The New World does serve a purpose in this time frame. A character named Columbus, Colombo in Italian selling the Queen's jewels to prove you could sail West and found the Caribbean thinking he just got to India.

Stainless Steel already has no New World and stretched east to India/Pakistan. To me, it looks like the Mundus Magnus map from RTW ported to Medieval2.

Why not obtainable Sub-Shara lands? When the traders finally got there, they found some of the richest gold ore veins in the known world at the time.

There are possibilities but I don't like a campaign crashing in the third genereation of a kingdom when you take their last settlement. This is what I am trying to fix first.

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

The New World does serve a purpose in this time frame. A character named Columbus, Colombo in Italian selling the Queen's jewels to prove you could sail West and found the Caribbean thinking he just got to India.

Stainless Steel already has no New World and stretched east to India/Pakistan. To me, it looks like the Mundus Magnus map from RTW ported to Medieval2.

Why not obtainable Sub-Shara lands? When the traders finally got there, they found some of the richest gold ore veins in the known world at the time.

There are possibilities but I don't like a campaign crashing in the third genereation of a kingdom when you take their last settlement. This is what I am trying to fix first.
    You forgot the Templars first, they sailed way before, like 1150s.
    But hey, why not add China then? Marco Polo went there....

Im not trying to have it expanded to Inda... Up north, Norway, Lappland, Finland, Iceland(?)...

I'm again not talking about Sub-Saharan, I'm talkinb about the Sahara desert. The sandy dunes and oases. Whats the point?

Leif Ericsson beat them all about 1000AD. I don't believe the bs about the Templars since it was not recorded in the annals of a kingdom. They would have been the first to exploit it if true.

There is not a whole lot north of Oslo. Draw an east-west ilne through Calgary, Alberta, Canada and you have virtually the same thing. Iceland for this time period makes no strategic, economic sense. There is no reason to mod ports frozen solid in winter.

Make the Sahara impassable and no reason for caravans. That part needs to be reworked to keep them in Africa, Middle East and Russia. Russia for the Lithuanian caravans to the East.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Is it only one settlement in norway as of now? Thats quite unhistorical Bergen should atleast be added IMO
    How many regions are there in sweden i guess sweden faction also only get one

Leif Ericsson beat them all about 1000AD. I don't believe the bs about the Templars since it was not recorded in the annals of a kingdom. They would have been the first to exploit it if true.

There is not a whole lot north of Oslo. Draw an east-west ilne through Calgary, Alberta, Canada and you have virtually the same thing. Iceland for this time period makes no strategic, economic sense. There is no reason to mod ports frozen solid in winter.

Make the Sahara impassable and no reason for caravans. That part needs to be reworked to keep them in Africa, Middle East and Russia. Russia for the Lithuanian caravans to the East.
    Trondheim is up north and it is very important, maybe the most important in Norway. Iceland wasnt that important correct. But when moving the map northwards you only need 3-4 regions (Trondheim in Norway, another in sweden in extra to stockholm, and one in russia
    Last edited by Makrell; January 28, 2011 at 01:33 AM.

I think I saw Bergen in another mod what seems years ago. West coast of Norway?

If you wish to try it before I get there, and no promises I will, Gigantus has a host of tutorials in his sig for such things and you are welcome to try. Like I said, right now, I don't have the time to devote to it. Others have added rgoins and factions to this mod for their personal use.

First off, let me say thank you for such a great mod! I found SS to be somewhat overdone, and I am very happy with the way RnP selectively enhances the overall game without adding a bunch of overkill. I do have one suggestion though. I prefer having Peasant units for keeping a very cheap defensive (squalor defense that is) garrison for when my generals step out to battle. I was disappointed that all these units were removed...as in removed. Next time, please consider just commenting out units (or including a restore file) so that putting them back in doesn't take a newbie modder a week to figure out how to fix. If you have any tips for resolving this, that'd be great too since I am still trying to solve this. Thanks!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Bergen = Pro Deo et Rege (I think)

Because the game has a max limts of 200 units, to put the peasants back in would mean removing other units like the CBUR units and magonels. Maybe not utilizzed very well but there are more than enough militia units included in the game.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

It's 500 units in EDB, 200 is the max for regions.

^^He's right. typing too early in the morning.

Icon14 Re: Mod's Main Objectives.

Ah, yes, thank you for the information. I have been tweaking the mod to my liking since my last post, and so I discovered the limit on total units. I was able to add back in Peasant Archers to Northern European factions; mostly since otherwise, HRE would have no missile units for several decades.

Now that I've managed to clear out all the errors that were causing CTDs and CTMs, I have had a chance to actually start a campaign. I can not give enough rep (being a newb and all) for all the work you've put into this!!! Overall, I am beyond impressed!!!

I did run into an interesting snag, though. It would seem the massive work to set up lineage history for all the factions has an unexpected side effect. My first Merchant was dubbed Pope Gregory II von Holland. Needless to say, as much as I appreciate the historic lineage work you have all contributed, I decided it was beside the point if gameplay lineage and names go haywire. Sadly, I reverted the factions back to vanilla-like family tree names while preserving most of the current ruling immediate family members. I did learn that one easy way to have the first faction heir hold the same first name is to simply give the father a last name in EDS without giving the children a last name (it gets applied automatically anyway). So I am pleased to have Emperor Heinrich and Prince Heinrich at the moment. It remains to be seen if the game will automatically apply II or III upon ascension to the throne.

I also converted your mod into OST; mostly because I never did care for the City/Castle set-up and it was a great opportunity to learn basic modding!

Now that I have your mod, I was happily forced to create an Excel spreadsheet just for keeping track of my strategy!!

Now, does anyone know if it is possible to script in an assassin's ability to sabotage (destroy) enemy watchtowers? That would certainly make assassins adequately useful.

I love the regional titles, the bloodlines, the map, the new factions, and the supply limitations! Thanks again, guys, for a very well done mod to one of my all-time favorite games!!

Ah, those bloodlines. I believe Bowden most of them.

Thank you for the kind words. Mod it to your heart's desire. There is the Mod Workshop for all your modding queries and tutorials.

Could there be a knights templar, knights of st.john or templar order added as a faction ?

The guilds for the Orders are in the game. I have seen St. Johm's units ingame but I don't remember who else.

Are all new unites in there? I'd like to see some Reconquista units, as a faithful portugual player. The usual Vanilla Jinetes Warfare gets some boring for me sometimes, maybe some levies like the hungarian would already bring enough of it. (i used to love playing with hungary but i hate relying on cavalry too much haha).
    As For the mod, i believe its amazing, i quite love it, but maybe, the fact you can land travel through sahara, is kinda weird, of course gameplay comes first, but i can move a crusader army from timbuktu to alexandria in no time, apparently. About what i've read in this post about new regions, if so to cut Americas, or if adding were possible, i'd say the islands in the african coast would be a call. Europe is amazing already, imo. I Do agree America is looking huge though, South America is a Huge Piece of land as well as north, with only small settlements for those monstruous lands.
    But again, my attention is driven to the impassable in the Sahara, its for the gameplay of mali, i believe?

It is. Even nowadays unless you have someone that has the experience to lead you through there, consider some parts of the Sahara impassable even by today's standards. There are a couple of trade routes through there that I turn into highways eventually.

GamerLuna's Avatar Foederatus

Sorry for yelling ,but you really should add estonia or livonia as a faction ,even though it is a rebel faction

1. there is still an open faction slot if one wishes to.
    2. time is not on my side right now to consider it or other faction requests including Lithuania and Norway.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast