Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mod's Main Objectives.

Default Re: Mod's Main Objectives.

I think that Iceland as a faction would be a bit pointless, all they did was trade - they'd be okay as a settlement without a faction I guess.

(I don't have Medieval II but I'm going to buy it soon )

By the way, does this mod have any turn alterations? To make a turn, say, one month or two instead of six?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

No Iceland. For me, it's too far in the wrong direction.

Medieval2 comes 2 years per turn. I made it 2 turns per year or 4 times as long. I also changes the events to happen sooner instead of by the calendar.

Enjoy the game. Even with its faults, Empire still has to play catchup.

Cool, keep it up... I'll have MII by September I hope

Since I last was playing Regions, I have been playing Stainless Steel. I have noticed a lot of tweaks made that could well benefit Regions; such as the blood clouds upon being hit by arrows; higher moral which leads to greater losses and longer battles; better defending; changing the music to the kingdoms campaigns, and also having the king look like the king..with crown and everything.

I could go on with various other tidbits of mods I've been messing with.

I had noticed whilst playing that even on VH/VH it still seems quite easy..or perhaps that is just me?

Wales would still be a good inclusion if you ever do consider placing in some other factions.

I do remember you, Irishron, saying you would consider expanding the map and perhaps excluding the Americas to do this? I think it would be a great idea to do that and expand the regions of Europe and 'other'. A mod I recently came across was this one.

Just look at the size of that England and France!!! Imagine having at least half that size regions for the British Isles, and having the factions England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland all battling it out for a piece!

The expansion of Scandinavia would be ideal as well. Bring in Norway, Sweden and Denmark more into the game.

You're probably thinking I should shut up now, but there's one more thing: When will we see the introduction of Gigantus's fort mod? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...48#post3156148

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

We are getting there, bit by bit. The aim is to do it in small steps. No hurry for a major overhaul. For things in the pipeline, check here.

Quote Originally Posted by BeornWulfWer View Post
    Since I last was playing Regions, I have been playing Stainless Steel. I have noticed a lot of tweaks made that could well benefit Regions; such as the blood clouds upon being hit by arrows; higher moral which leads to greater losses and longer battles; better defending; changing the music to the kingdoms campaigns, and also having the king look like the king..with crown and everything.

I could go on with various other tidbits of mods I've been messing with.

I had noticed whilst playing that even on VH/VH it still seems quite easy..or perhaps that is just me?

Wales would still be a good inclusion if you ever do consider placing in some other factions.

I do remember you, Irishron, saying you would consider expanding the map and perhaps excluding the Americas to do this? I think it would be a great idea to do that and expand the regions of Europe and 'other'. A mod I recently came across was this one.

Just look at the size of that England and France!!! Imagine having at least half that size regions for the British Isles, and having the factions England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland all battling it out for a piece!

The expansion of Scandinavia would be ideal as well. Bring in Norway, Sweden and Denmark more into the game.

You're probably thinking I should shut up now, but there's one more thing: When will we see the introduction of Gigantus's fort mod? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...48#post3156148
    Ideas are great and wonderful but one has to be careful of what one does to a mod for the masses. There are things you bring up that are considered intellectual proterty by the author and adding them with out permission and recognition is a big no-no.

Right now Gigantus and I are concentrating on fixing many of the glaring errors of this mod, being map, units, unit cards, what have you. If would like to help, I an recruiting and you are welcome to help move this mod forward.

I can't see the 'historicity feature' among mod's abjectives plus when I had launched the mod and looked at the map I realised it really wasn't what you targeted in. So my question is: do yo plan to change that in the future in the favour of historiocity or rather leave it as it is - focused on the fun (though for me and many others no historicity = no fun)?

My objective is to have fun with it.

The map maybe not historically correct to you and others but it sems to be "close enough" for many others besides me. It is an ongoing thing from CA's vanilla to Spurius' BigMap to Sb2ean starting this mod and his additions to my editing parts for various reasons among them being historic and gameplay to Gigantus cleaning up part of mine. There are times you can't have both. It's ongoing but odds are against it it being purely historic.

Does this answer your question?

IZob's Avatar Citizen

When I become a moderator I will edit Irishrons post to redefine the mods main objectives and state what the mod already has installed.

As for historical relevance, I think the Idea was to make corrections to names. Specifically the names of factions, regions, settlements and characters. But Irishron has said that game play and the fun factor was the major influence towards the mod. Historical accuracy hasn't and wont be a major factor in future developments although its what we use as a basis when developing on the campagin map (at least for me somtimes).

Dam irishron beat me to it
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

And How about new faction rosters. Are you guys going to make new units for the factions?

For example the Georgian and Armenia Roster

Light Khevsurs
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

georgia khevsur warriors

khevsur

tadzreuli

ARMENIA ROSTER

Armenian nahkarar

Armenian Azap

Armenian Archer

Armenian Heavy Cavalary

Vencerei não só estes adversários mas quantos a meu Rei forem contrários

MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF y2day

Those are beautiful. What is your source for those?

To be honest I don't have the skills to do them justice. Do you know someone that can and most importantly the time to?

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Those are beautiful. What is your source for those?

To be honest I don't have the skills to do them justice. Do you know someone that can and most importantly the time to?
    Some of pictures(drawings) are from takverely, he allow me to used them. I'm just a researcher i'm not and 3d artist (not yet). I make several Roster for several mods.

I don't know where Sb2ean got the units when he added the factions to the mod nor who gave him the permission. All that left with him and there is no paper trail.
    I took it over as is to keep a good thing going. Since then I have had help from Gigantus , IZob, Tankai, Dimitri_Harkov, Dristvaan, and others I have forgotten their names. After Sb2ean disappeared two and half years ago, I have been concentrating on the stuff I can do to make it more playable for everyone.

As a researcher, do you have access to the style(s) of buildings the Cumans/Kypchaks would have had when they controlled the Steppes especially the time the Byzantines built them the fortress at Sarkel?

PedroL's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    I don't know where Sb2ean got the units when he added the factions to the mod nor who gave him the permission. All that left with him and there is no paper trail.
    I took it over as is to keep a good thing going. Since then I have had help from Gigantus , IZob, Tankai, Dimitri_Harkov, Dristvaan, and others I have forgotten their names. After Sb2ean disappeared two and half years ago, I have been concentrating on the stuff I can do to make it more playable for everyone.

As a researcher, do you have access to the style(s) of buildings the Cumans/Kypchaks would have had when they controlled the Steppes especially the time the Byzantines built them the fortress at Sarkel?
    I will search and then i tell you ok

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

First of all, congrats, it's a superb mod and really interesting

I wanted to know if Canary Islands will be included in this mod. Indeed, Canary Islands played a critical role in the medieval history of the european colonization of the rest of the world, as a sort of "final basecamp" to América and Africa. It was in Canary Islands where the spaniards began to expand their boundaries out of the peninsula. To start the conquer of some of the islands, french noblemen were hired (Betencourt) and also the portuguese had interests in the area.

The spaniard troops faced here a very fierce resistence by the Guanches, aboriginal people who were victims of muslim slavery razzias by berberiscs pirates, and later could not be defeated by the spanish swords, but only by treason and lies. A fierce guanche rebel force would be an interesting task to any faction wanting to go Tombuctú by the fast way.

Canary Islands were, in fact, the laboratory where the first european colonizers learnt a lot of what later would be crucial in the development of their conquers.

If anyone interested in further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_...he_Guanches.29
    Last edited by [Celtíbero]Mencey; June 26, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

Sorry, but there are no open regions for the Canary Islands. You are not the first to suggest it.

TMK's Avatar BC Local Moderator

Icon10 Re: Mod's Main Objectives.

Can add more of Africa? I think it is a great place with the native tribes and I don't think anybody else has posted it(Why?). For me more of Africa would be great.

We can't add any more to Africa. The settlment slots are maxxed out already.

Novograd has WAY to little real competition.. The Cumans slow them a bit, but not enough.. Although the Mongols and Timurids are a problem for them, that isnt till lategame. Perhaps a southern faction, such as the Kievan Rus? Or maybe something out of Crimea (my knowledge of black sea history is not too extensive..) Or to put pressure on both Poland and Novograd, throw in the Lithuanians? Burgundy, as previously mentioned, seems like a good idea also. France needs something to check their advances, as they far too often enter Iberia before Spain can properly gain control from the Moors and rebels. Burgundy would force France to move southeast before southwest..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast