Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mod's Main Objectives.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Mod's Main Objectives.

The mod's main objective since its inception by Sb2ean has been to have fun and add more toys to have fun with.

This mod has a basis Spurius' BigMap mod. To this the amount of regions available has been maxxed out to 198 including the Americas. There have been 7 new factions added: Ireland, Sweden, Mali, Hedjaz, Armenia, Georgia, and the Cumans. There have been many new units for each faction added. It is now 2 turns per year. The map has been mdoified in favor of ai expansion. Added the Shaman religion. If it came to picking between history/geography and gameply, gameplay won.

All the credits are:
    Sega and Creative Assembly for creating this game and giving us a way to modify it to our desires.
    Spurius for making his BigMap available to others.
    Sb2ean for creating this. Wish him well where he is now.
    Dimiti_Harkov and Dristvaan for their support when I was first trying keep this mod alive and help with the .sd files.
    Alpaca and Tornight for all their tools they have made available to the community.
    Billydilly for his Heraldry mod addition.
    Cswoian for his input on adding the Shaman religion and a lot of info on the Cumans.
    All the mod forums and the tutorials on the aspects of different areas of modding. Invaluable info.
    All the input from all the players to try to make this a better mod.

I know I have left some people out but not on purpose. PM me or add yourself to the thread.

Thank you all.

vivid_'s Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Mod's Main Objectives.

Can we state ideas in this thread as well?

Quote Originally Posted by vivid_ View Post
    Can we state ideas in this thread as well?
    Something long overdue. Why don't you start a "ideas for the future" thread?

Ordinarius

I would like to see south america , not a slice of it.

Quote Originally Posted by driecken View Post
    The map is as wide as its limits and the regions are maxxed out already so that would serve no purpose. How about eliminating South America and using that region elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by driecken View Post
    And I would not like to see america at all!
    Medieval times in the old world is what matters and like I've suggested before, bring both the american faction slots and regions to the known world to help perfect it.

In your case, Galicia.

Or with any other part of the map that needs filling, I'd say the peninsula has enought regions.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    The map is as wide as its limits and the regions are maxxed out already so that would serve no purpose. How about eliminating South America and using that region elsewhere?
    That would be a good idea.

I have always thought the Americas were pointless on the whole, and would have preferred to have seen the extension of Scandinavia and Russia.

Being able to conquer Iceland and have have them as a faction would be great.

Have what faction?

Iceland was settled by the Vikings so Norway? We already have Sweden and Scandanavia in my opinion isn't big enough for both. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I'd understand adding Norway, but Iceland seems pointless. Even more than america, no ofence.
    Another option would be to extend the map a bit to the east and add a new faction there.
    Or maybe even adding Burgundy as a buffer in central Europe would be cool too.

Iceland was settled by the Vikings so Norway? We already have Sweden and Scandanavia in my opinion isn't big enough for both. Any thoughts or suggestions?
    This map shows what could be done if you included Norway and expanded Scandinavia. It doesn't go too mad, but still gives a good representation of the various factions' land.
    (I suppose Iceland could be included as another part of land to conquer. Perhaps the Shetland and Orkney Isles could have a settlement too?)

I also chose that map to highlight another idea I had thought would be workable - although it panders mainly to a pro-Anglo-Saxon bias - with the clock being turned back to 1065 and England being under full control of the Anglo-Saxons with Normandy preparing to muster its forces to invade.

The onus of being England would have the Danish and the Normans testing England's power whilst attempting to expand northward and westward; Scotland and Wales.

Could also include Wales into the scene and allocate them the two settlements in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankai View Post
    I'd understand adding Norway, but Iceland seems pointless. Even more than america, no ofence.
    No offence taken. You're probably right.

Another option would be to extend the map a bit to the east and add a new faction there.
    Or maybe even adding Burgundy as a buffer in central Europe would be cool too.
    Perhaps an emerging faction instead?

I was thinking the Teutonic Order would be one to mull over.

Could Flanders be a new faction, or is the limit of factions reached?
    Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure ~ Tacitus

The faction limit has not been reached yet. I am open to all suggestions.

The faction limit has not been reached yet. I am open to all suggestions.
    Flanders would be a nice faction, in my opinion.
    There's the 4 regions (Calais, Bruges, Antwerp, Utrecht) that could be the terrain in the beginning, and the history with Burgundy is there to.
    (Flanders and Burgundy unificated because Lodewijk van Male (Duke of Flanders) didn't have a son, he married his daughter, Margriet, to the Burgundian Duke.)
    Flanders was like Normandy, the French king had troubles keeping those areas to himself, both the Norman duke as the Flemish count were 'pain in the asses' .

Well, if you would like to put it in an upcoming version of the mod, I'd certainly want to help you with any intel you might need about 'my' people .

More in the east, I don't know if that's a good idea, it's a vast continent, no ships, slow to move around .
    Last edited by k_Apollo; July 23, 2009 at 01:48 PM.
    Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure ~ Tacitus

Even with the amount of regions in the East, there is still a lot of room to maneuver you don't get in Western europe. I like your thought. I have had Aragon suggested Someone even brought up the idea of the formation of the Kalmar Union as an emerging faction. I just wish I had more hours in a day to devote to this.

Yeah, I see, they're a lot of options still open... Faction(s) in the east, a new emerging faction, the question of getting Flanders in the game... Quite enough stuff to think about.

But would it be possible to cut of the Atlantic Ocean (the part west of the Irish Isle) and to zoom in a bit more in on the continent? Then there would be more place to divide a region further, I guess. Then there would be enough room for Flanders/Burgundy/Eastern Faction/Kalmar Union.
    + The 'space issue' is solved .

One thing said a long time ago, "Keep yor options open.", and I'm trying.

Well, indeed, the longer you wait, the more chance you have of making a good choice.

P.S.: How hard was it to change 'Caen' in 'Rouen'?
    Last edited by k_Apollo; July 25, 2009 at 12:10 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast