Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Fix Evil!

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Default Re: Please Fix Evil!

We're not talking about that, Mad, and it is our own personal business what we were talking about, that response was a response with one hell of a background behind it, so butt out, and, please! Oh god! No! Just not negative rep! Like it matters.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Staying on topic, its been my experience so far that the wars between AI controlled factions are fairly random with good sometimes steamrolling evil and sometimes the opposite being true. Seems like it works ok to me. But if your allies are having trouble I suggest direct military aid over sending them money because the AI does seem to squander its cash pretty handily lol.

As Rohan, I gave Gondor 10,000 Florins PER TURN (Regular tribute of 20 turns), whilst directing military aid against OotMM for Silvan Elves, can you do more than that? Oh and guess what? High Elves, Eriador and Dale died.
    I also must ask you, Crazy, what difficulty are you playing on?
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Indefinitely Banned
    Sundaleiši in Risųr kommune, NORWAY (Home of giants)

I dont know, playing as Mordor I had a battle that I autoresolved on the bridge between East and west "Osgiliath" (or something) And I got a clear victory. I had 4,5 k vs three gondor armies about 5000 strong all together. Then I tried to play it manually afterwards (saved it right before). I got my ass spanked so hard. So maybe it is a problem auto-resolve. Or maybe the map the PC autoresolves on is not a bridge so I could use my sheer numbers to crush their armies one by one. I dont know. But I dont feel its much big of a problem becuase in my campaign the followers of melkor isn't so übered. Its a status quo, nobody is superpowers, nobody is losing.

If you play all your battles yourself you can keep evil armies at bay quite easily. But if you start auto-resolving battles you're doomed. The good side is probably getting their ass kicked because their battles are autoresolved.

EDIT: Ops, just noticed this was already mentioned.
    Last edited by grumpygoat; May 01, 2009 at 08:46 AM.

It actually appears to go both ways. Originally I had only seen evil crush everyone, but this time Gondor (I am Silvian Elves) is doing quite well. Almost marched on the black gate except the combined forces of Mordor and Harad pushed them back. So, it seems there is a definite bias against good, but that really is the way it should be (and good still can do quite well sometimes. The randomness is part of the fun of the game).

Cooltosha's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul-Killer View Post
    How is that possible?
    Honestly, I don't see that happening.
    In every single campaign I've played, Evil won. Every single one.
    Heck, I've even had one when the Silvan Elves pushed Mordor out of Dol Goldur, but guess what? The OotMM crushed them, in 25 turns! They took out Caras Gladhorn, took back Dol Guldur, many Mirkwood settlements... I'm trying to find a way to help my allies (Fund their wars and so on) but nothing helps, it's definitely a problem with the autoresolve system.
    I understand that autoresolve IS hard to fix, but what you can do is instead of making all of Mordor and Evil's infantry Heavy Infantry, make them light, like it really was.
    The orcs were poorly armored and armed, as opposed to the Humans and Elves who were expertly equipped. It is quite illogical to make most (And by that, I mean all aside for maybe 1 or 2) of Evil's units heavy.
    I was playing 2 campaigns as Gondor, 2 as Dwarves and 1 as Rohan.

In all campaigns this is what happened: Silvan Elves get their asses kicked either by OotMM or by Mordor or by Isengard. OotMM crush High Elves and takes Rivendell, then High Elves decide they should retake it, but by rolling over Eriador. So they attack Eriador, and then Eriador gets destroyed by OotMM and High Elves. Finally OotMM are beating High Elves, who are barely holding up. Dale gets owned by Rhun in appro 50-100 turns. Dwarves lose Iron Mountains and in east hold only Erebor, while in west they are barely holding on with High Elves against OotMM.

In my Gondor campaigns, this is what happens: Same as above, with exception of Mordor and Isengard nailing Rohan.

In my Dwarves campaign, all of this, but Gondor is being nailed by Harad, Rhun, Mordor and Isengard.

In my Rohan campaign, all of this, but Gondor is survivng thanks to my aid, but I am being pressed hardly by Isegard and OotMM.

General rules: Evil wins and nails every Good computer controlled player. Evil spawns heavy units right away, while Good must wait for 100 turns to get their full roster. Invasions are unstoppable and targets in order are: Edoras, Eastern Osgiliath, Imladris, Minas Tirith, Erebor. Evil beats all armies sent against them. Good doesn't get family members, only some pathetic generals that die easily and then the faction dies out or is being nailed by Evil. Evil rarely turns on Evil, at least not as often as Good on Good (High Elves on Eriador, Dwarves on Dale). Finally, all Evil generals have at least 5 stars, while all Good generals at maximum get 3-5 stars.

SO PLEASE, NERF EVIL!
    Magister Templi Sancti Banani dei pauperes commilitones Kongi Templique Sancti Banani - KONG WILLS IT!
    In Serbia, 90% of people listen to turbo-folk "music". If you are part of the 10% that listen to real music, including metal, put this in your signature
    Obama, your time is up. We're taking our country back from you liberal commies.

Thank you!

In my high elf campaign i play atm gondor is the strongest faction and is dealing fine with mordor and harad. Rohan got destroyed because their royal family died. Dwarves have all the northern regions from west shore to rhun. I actually think it's very well balanced (so far).

Same thing's happening to me right now, as High Elves, but I recently downloaded the Mithmod and the garrison script nerf mod, so it might just be that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12