Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

nopasties's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

add this unit Greek Fire Cannon

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219716

never heard of it but looks cool

I would love it if you could add the greek fire effect to cannon walls like displayed in a spoiler halfway down, this with some tweeking could add some historical addition to the impregnability of Constantinople, it could be a unique building for just Constantinople
    Last edited by nopasties; May 25, 2009 at 08:45 PM.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

check out wilddog's start map castles:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...49#post5254649

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Incorporate Wd40's Orthodox priests mini mod. Absolutely no reason not to!

How are you using the Stone Fort mod ? Would love to use
    Today is a good day

@ infernocanuck - "Oh trust me. I'm currently using a permanent stone forts mod with this very release, and the AI uses them in an incredibly intelligent way. They're creating stopgaps, reinforcing vulnerable positions, and keeping them occupied for a good long time. They're won't be a single problem if you incorporate them"

How are you doing this ? Are you using the Stone Fort mod ? Would love to use

Sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by Longstreet; May 26, 2009 at 09:30 AM.

found this in mod workshop, grneyeddvl's work. I'm sure you are aware of it but the possibilities it allows would be a great addition if someone can find the time to add it.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141695

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    That's to bad about the unions but would it take more slots to make the Papal States playable?
    What do youthink about the Emergent Portugal?
    And what do you think about using the Regions and Provinces mod or Deus lo Vult to get Georgia in?
    Oh and PB did you know that there will be a new faction in BftB 2.0, Sweden.
    Oh yeah and good job +rep.
    I'll post this here to update. Rozanov are the fixes in your F.A.Q included if not they should be? Also, methinks this mod is need of a new name, Real Recruitment's fine for the original, but this should no longer just be called the RR/RC compilation?
    P.S. CC sorry 'bout the link didn't know it was against forum rules..

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Very nice Mod. Thanks for the hard work

Request: Buildable Forts/Castles/Towers. Different levels or sizes. The large stone forts should be expensive and take time. They are historical and were part of the culture of the time.
    Today is a good day

2 things.
    First what was never changed since vanilla are the shields of crusaders, or religious orders. I saw kite norman shield everywere. Thats is wierd because what I know the bigger, wider, a bit curved shields was more common. Than are the helmets of infantry. A lot of them look funny but I think in west the helmet of light man at arms of english was pretty comon.
    Second, my suggestion ( a strong 1) is to add Joana d'Arc. Is a great event and will change a bit west campaigns. If english capture some settlements like Reims let say she appear like Wallace.

@Asparagus - hopefully all fixes in FAQs have long since been incorporated into the SS 6.2 RC4, which is the new RR/RC compilation.

I hate to mention it but is it worth considering changinq Ireland to one or two settlements if there is a settlement needed somewhere else? So far in early era campaigns I have not seen one computer faction go to Ireland. By the time the computer sends an invasion force the rebel settlements have 1-2-3 stacks of troops rendering any invasion useless. I love Ireland and it's a shame to have had to remove them in this release but the AI does not incorporate Ireland well and a number of other mainland territories could be included with better effect.

Any thoughts?

Nopasties, England or Scotland always conquer Ireland. In turn 3-4 Galway fall in their hands. But never the games look linear, every campaingn, even with same faction is different.

Some recommendations which I feel are quite easy to implement and could only be a good thing:

1. Add Bulgarian Brigands as regional troops in...Bulgaria! Seems a little odd one can recruit Bosnian archers and Croat Axemen from Sophia, but no Bulgarians. Ditto for Armenian Infantry/Cavalry/Archers in Cilicia; easily represents the incorporation of Armenians into Roman, Crusader, and Mongol armies.

2. Take a page from CBUR's book and tie cavalry recruitment into farm size.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogolometro View Post
    Nopasties, England or Scotland always conquer Ireland. In turn 3-4 Galway fall in their hands. But never the games look linear, every campaingn, even with same faction is different.
    Actuially I've had the same experience as nopasties.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Keep up the good work PB, I need something to pull me away from TA: TW for a bit!
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

More, historically accurate, named generals in settlements. I can contribute for the Romans!

Might it be possible to change the anachronistic 'barbarian' look of the Scottish troops into something more realistic and civilized?

Is it possible to script some things like if a muslim general was to declare jihad from inside Baghdad this would grant more piety and command points or something. I'm saying this because until the Mongols took Baghdad the Abbassid Caliphate was still recognized as the spiritual leader of Islam so if a Muslim general were to declare jihad from Baghdad it would simulate a sanctioning and approval from the caliph.

Also this is more complex, most crusades brought along a papal legate. This papal legate usually supplied moral, spiritual and political support for a crusade. Is it possible when a christian general was to start on crusade, when he started on crusade had with him in the stack a cardinal or such granting the cardinal some trait like "papal legate". The cardinal could gain something from this but as part of the script the general needs to stay with the cardinal to be granted some ancillary or trait which would give increases in troop morale and logistics and piety...... something along those lines

I've been reading about how to do some of thiese things but still have little idea how to connect the dots and pull it off

thx

this link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=224135 seems like a reasonable way to represent the cathar heresy if your willing to include it as an historical event

And maybe Hussites in Bohemia, Lollards in England, etc etc.

Perhaps if religion gets to be 60% heretic, that generates a peasant uprising with three or four peasant armies?