Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27526768697071727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1642

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Taking a quick look, some of the BC knights textures might be competitble with vanilla models. but usually it's not a simple copy paste process (might be in this case though.)
    Good idea! The knights across the board could use a good upgrade, although if you wanted them faction specific you'd have to be mindful of that as well. On further inspection I noticed most of Phosphoricus' changes had attending model db file changes as well. I may just test out a simple copy process but if there's much more to it I may just try and persuade Phosphoricus to help out
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

I did need to make some animation/stat changes to fit the new models.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    I personally think we should just reduce the spawn script and increase garrison script...

(although setting up a garrison script is a royal pain in the arse... it requires one entry for every settlement)
    Next release has a garrison script.

btw I sent you a PM Point Blank...

Garrison script for? Every settlement or just core territories?

the old compilation from 6.2 (with the last update) already have garrison script for every settlements if I'm not mistaken

Some suggestions for European faction-skin overhauls from BC are listed below. I list the SS unit name first, then follow with the BC suggestion. Note my suggestions are only for the base unit skin, not intended for shield or weapon changes. Very open to suggestions/modifications from others.

Spear Militia (non-upgraded) - Christian Militia Spearmen
    Spear Militia (upgrade 1) - Latium Halberdiers
    Spear Militia (upgrade 2 or final upgrade) - Militia of the Kingdom (scattered units with varied decent armors, hence the final upgrade)
    Crossbow Militia - Christian Crossbowmen
    Sergeant Spearmen - Sergeant Spearmen
    Sergeant Spearmen (upgrade 1) - Armoured Sergeant Spearmen
    Crusader Sergeants - Crusader Sergeants
    Dismounted Crusader Knights - Dismounted Knights of Outremer
    Light Men at Arms (non-upgraded) - Outremer Swordsmen (leave SS shields in place though to distinguish between factions?)
    Light Men at Arms (upgrade 1) - Poulain Men-At-Arms
    Light Men at Arms (upgrade 2 or final upgrade) - Dismounted Latin Knights
    Mounted Sergeants - Mounted Sergeants
    Crusader Knights - Knights of Outremer

Again, this is just to get ideas rolling and discussion started on people's thoughts on incorporating some BC skins to brighten up the SS roster.

Also, I've heard great things about some of the skins being developed for Europa Barbarorum. Perhaps we could draw from them as well if permission is granted?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Garrison script for? Every settlement or just core territories?
    It only fires if the faction that owns the settlement is the original faction owner, eg it would fire for Paris if its owned by France but not by the English etc. Units generated are a mix of faction-specific and mercenary. Only small numbers are generated.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    the old compilation from 6.2 (with the last update) already have garrison script for every settlements if I'm not mistaken
    OK I wasn't sure, anyway its been updated, and also made an option to include or not via the Setup program.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Some suggestions for European faction-skin overhauls from BC are listed below. I list the SS unit name first, then follow with the BC suggestion. Note my suggestions are only for the base unit skin, not intended for shield or weapon changes. Very open to suggestions/modifications from others.

Spear Militia (non-upgraded) - Christian Militia Spearmen
    Spear Militia (upgrade 1) - Latium Halberdiers
    Spear Militia (upgrade 2 or final upgrade) - Militia of the Kingdom (scattered units with varied decent armors, hence the final upgrade)
    Crossbow Militia - Christian Crossbowmen
    Sergeant Spearmen - Sergeant Spearmen
    Sergeant Spearmen (upgrade 1) - Armoured Sergeant Spearmen
    Crusader Sergeants - Crusader Sergeants
    Dismounted Crusader Knights - Dismounted Knights of Outremer
    Light Men at Arms (non-upgraded) - Outremer Swordsmen (leave SS shields in place though to distinguish between factions?)
    Light Men at Arms (upgrade 1) - Poulain Men-At-Arms
    Light Men at Arms (upgrade 2 or final upgrade) - Dismounted Latin Knights
    Mounted Sergeants - Mounted Sergeants
    Crusader Knights - Knights of Outremer

Again, this is just to get ideas rolling and discussion started on people's thoughts on incorporating some BC skins to brighten up the SS roster.

Also, I've heard great things about some of the skins being developed for Europa Barbarorum. Perhaps we could draw from them as well if permission is granted?
    Great suggestions thanks I've used Frenchy's Spear Militia but will look at the ones you've listed as well.

The Crusader Knights are not Knights from Outremer, though. They just go on crusade to Outremer. Knights Of Outremer should be a unit available to the CS while Crusader Knights remain mercenaries for any Catholic faction that goes on crusade.

Edit: Oh, you just want to change the skin, not the name. Nevermind then.

By how much does the garrison script increase turn times?

minimal, since its only triggered by clicking on the siege or assault button.

Is the info on this page such as Frenchy's knights going into the next version of SS?
    Last edited by stevehoos; May 15, 2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

If his Spear Militia is in, then the knights are in as well.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    I was doing some reading on crossbows. About the time of the battle of Crecy, the longbow had a range around 200 m. Sometime in the 15th century, perhaps as early as Agincourt, the crossbows draw weight had significantly increased and the range had too. I think it was around 350m. Is that what you have read too? Shouldn't there be crossbowmen with longer ranges. Would the Aventurier fit in there and/or an advanced Geonese + Pavise too?

EDIT:
    Is that due to the effective range versus the maximum range?
    Isn't crossbow's effective range vs maximum range ratio typically a lot worse than bows by nature? I think it's due to the shorter bolts and more limited fletching.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Yeah, it is. Supposedly the shorter limbs also play a part due to the shorter acceleration period.

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

Ok I finally found out how to stop blockading since the SS mod folder did not have descr_cursor_actions but the TA folder did. You can change the text there to not allow the cursor action of blockading enemy ports, which should affect both AI and human players.

I resubmit my suggestion that it would be better for gameplay to not allow the AI to blockade ports. This would also not allow human players to do so, but I am willing to give that up as I have better uses for my navy anyway. It would also perhaps require a quick deletion of the blockade port missions as this may cause problems with them, but I don't know for sure.

Anyway, just a suggestion and if you don't do it I may just do it for myself later, so no problem.
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    "I came, I saw, I conquered"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

The Garrison Script includes event triggers for more advanced units.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanGuy View Post
    I resubmit my suggestion that it would be better for gameplay to not allow the AI to blockade ports. This would also not allow human players to do so, but I am willing to give that up as I have better uses for my navy anyway. It would also perhaps require a quick deletion of the blockade port missions as this may cause problems with them, but I don't know for sure.
    I think this would be a great means of stopping useless faction wars (e.g. Novgorod attacking Portugal etc.) Besides, blockading ports as a player doesn't have any real significant effect anyhow as the AI's income is dictated by Carl and our income isn'tbolstered by the blockade either (or if it is, not by a noticeable amount).

Quote Originally Posted by RubiconDecision View Post
    One of the issues with most MTW2 mods is that the kingdoms in history seldom were able to conquer huge swaths of territories. It seems to me that the very best way to deal with this is to have kingdoms re-emerge so many turns after being conquered.So even if scotland no longer exists, a new scottish army occurs from rioting. This would keep factions around longer.
    Re-Emergent factions would be one of the best additions to the game and is currently still one of the most needed. It would be nice if all faction capitals had a % static unrest for any controlling faction that wasn't the native one. So if anybody controlled Frankfurt other than the HRE there would be a permanent 25% unrest in that capitol to increase the likeliness of a rebellion occurring if/when the city is left with a small garrison.
    Last edited by smitty; May 17, 2011 at 02:32 AM.

A re-emergent faction script is already being put in, and I'd like to see how Soulson's AI does before talking about removing blockades.

I'm probably going to add them for my own private use regardless, so no hurry or pressure but I'd like to suggest adding eventually the version of the CBUR Roman roster in Chivalry 2. Its really impressive. I like how their take on the menaulion troops gives the romans a type of sorta halberd/pole-arm/sword-staff troop. I had kitbashed one together for myself before but theirs looks better. The kontarion troops in their version are really good looking pike men. Its worth checking out.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Edward I found moving siege engines by sea much easier than by land when attacking Scotland in 1300.
    see
    Edward I

By Michael Prestwich p.507 (google book search)