Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2651666768697071727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1642

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

-1 and +1 what? defense?

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    -1 and +1 what? defense?
    mount effect, for example right now spearmens get +2 against horses, billmen gets +3 .

I'm suggesting that pony / small pony cavalry gets a -1 against horse (so they'll fight each other to the same effect, but do worse against horsemen on bigger horses) . and large horse units gets +1 while medium onces are neutural.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Huh, that is cool- did not know that was possible to do. Is there any way to do this with infantry as well? To better differentiate classes or specialties? Or are there just not enough different tags for infantry to work? IE- horses can be; small pony or large horse etc. Can you have a differentiation between heavy professional infantry vs light feudal infantry or mercenaries for example?

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    mount effect, for example right now spearmens get +2 against horses, billmen gets +3 .
    that is attack bonus isn't it?
    I'm suggesting that pony / small pony cavalry gets a -1 against horse (so they'll fight each other to the same effect, but do worse against horsemen on bigger horses) . and large horse units gets +1 while medium onces are neutural.
    but then the value is applied to the man not the horse, what the difference than altering the primary attack stats?

You got a good reason for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    that is attack bonus isn't it?

but then the value is applied to the man not the horse, what the difference than altering the primary attack stats?
    AFAIK that is a attack and defense bonus, aka +1 means you get +1 attack and +1 defense skill against them.

When cavalries fight each other their horses are a significant factor, while horses generally won't ram into a wall of pointy things big stallions certainly might ram a smaller casterated horse for example. this bonus is generally meant to effect that (of course there are other problems that can't be depicted, such as said Staillions might go into heat and chase after some mares uncontrollablly ... it is said that was one of the ways the Islamic forces deal with knights... letting some mares run around freely and laugh as the knights can't control their stallions that run all over the place.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Huh, that is cool- did not know that was possible to do. Is there any way to do this with infantry as well? To better differentiate classes or specialties? Or are there just not enough different tags for infantry to work? IE- horses can be; small pony or large horse etc. Can you have a differentiation between heavy professional infantry vs light feudal infantry or mercenaries for example?

No, that part isn't possible, the only thing that usually can effect infantry against each other is the light_spear or spear tag, units with those tags have a natural bonus against cavalry (especially on defense against charges) and a penalty against other infantries without that tag.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

I'm currently playing a campaign as the HRE and am constantly reminded how badly they are in need of the Xenophobia mod. If steps can be taken to get that incorporated that would be fantastic. I don't know what CA was thinking when they were doing their deutsch voice-casting... Probably nothing, which is the problem

Also some borrowed skins from another mod for some of the french/german units would be fantastic. Particularly with the HRE; their spearmen sergeants, spear militia, crossbow militia and light men at arms have pretty dull skins right now.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Yep the HRE voice work is terrible, and I agree the HRE skins are dull.

Andytheplatypus's Avatar Domesticus

This is unrelated and I dont know if this has already been discussed or even implemented into the 2.0 update.

But, i was wondering, shouldn't the eastern heavy cavalry have a lower stamina to show how heavy all of that layers of armor was?

Cataphracts and Eastern Armored Horses have substantial heat penalty (Cataphracts the highest of all mounts) and also move relatively slowly.

Broken Sword is going to be integrated into the next update, isn't it?

is it only re-skin for eastern/muslim rosters or an overhaul? I'm confused if it just re-skin since AFAIK BC's units are vastly different than the current rosters included in SS...

BC models and skins that best fit current roster, then RC stats, animations etc adjusted to fit the models where needed.
    Last edited by Point Blank; May 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Cataphracts and Eastern Armored Horses have substantial heat penalty (Cataphracts the highest of all mounts) and also move relatively slowly.
    What does the heat penalty do exactly?

Determines, along with the climate, how quickly the unit gets tired.

Determines, along with the climate, how quickly the unit gets tired.
    Ah ok cool. Nevermind then.

Could it be possible that all the units have differents icons? i mean all musketeers (except venecians) has the same icon at all factions, because if all the late musketeers have it, why not the normal ones?

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post

Sounds good

The HRE skins are bad, but Scotland's are the wrost I feel.

Having the Xenophobia mod would be awesome, does anyone know if that would ever be a possibilty?
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

I agree the HRE skins are dull.
    AlphaDelta did a majority of the skin-work for the KoJ units in Broken Crescent, which are free to be used in any mod as per the Broken Sword mini-mod. I'd strongly suggest pulling some of those skins to brighten up the HRE/French roster.

If the process is just a matter of copying/pasting the skins from one folder to the other and renaming them accordingly, I may have a go at it this week and e-mail it to you or Phosphoricus for review and implementation.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    AlphaDelta did a majority of the skin-work for the KoJ units in Broken Crescent, which are free to be used in any mod as per the Broken Sword mini-mod. I'd strongly suggest pulling some of those skins to brighten up the HRE/French roster.

If the process is just a matter of copying/pasting the skins from one folder to the other and renaming them accordingly, I may have a go at it this week and e-mail it to you or Phosphoricus for review and implementation.
    Taking a quick look, some of the BC knights textures might be competitble with vanilla models. but usually it's not a simple copy paste process (might be in this case though.)