Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23486364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1642

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

I guess as a javelin with higher impact, less velocity and range. Damage not so sure, likely the reduced velocity would counteract the increased mass as far as penetration went.

Playing with anims at the moment. Will introduce some differences between 'lancer', 'charger' and 'brawler' cavalry. 'Lancers' will be cavalry that relies primarily on the charge and then tries to not engage in prolonged melee, eg Hussars. 'Charger' cavalry will be capable of both effective charges and melee (in the context of its time period), eg Chivalric Knights, and 'Brawler' cavalry will be kataphract style, emphasising the charge less but once in melee aggressively pushing forward into/over the enemy. There will be animation, stamina, movement rate, mount mass and attack/defense bonus differences between the three categories, also depending on unit quality - high quality and impetuous units will tend to be more aggressive. These won't be dramatic differences but will add some flavour in depicting the various types of cavalry in use at the time. This is an experimental change.

Crossbowmen and archers transition to 'ready' stance more quickly. Likely javelinmen will also, so these units should be able to start shooting a little more quickly.

Polearm stats have been adjusted, in particular the swordstaff is much more historical.

Ballista velocity increased by 10m/s and accuracy increased slightly.
    Last edited by Point Blank; April 01, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

Are you going to try to include parts of RollingWave's sub-mod(s), PB?

I feel that the Muslim factions are not worth playing without that particular
    submod.

I'd definitely like to add in new units, especially for the Muslim factions, whether from BG or RW, its honestly taking me a lot of time just to keep up with getting things done for the current roster, TATW etc. I guess the answer is, as soon as I have time, also depending on how many other good submods are around, it doesn't seem sensible to have a big duplication of effort.

In any case, the new RC will be released as a 'mod pack' that can be added into any submod. Playtesting results are very good.

Sounds very promising. What has changed in RC since the last release, anything game-changing?

Many, many changes, too many to list right now, it would take some time to put a list together.

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Looks promising and great idea to do a pack for any mod

Can you add more information on the units to the description. Such as range, accuracy, number of arrows etc. You have added information such as Superior, Exceptional, Feudal, Militia etc. Would be nice to have some more. In Shogun 2 they have done this. If I don't remember incorrectly, speed is also a stat.

SamZi's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Crossbowmen and archers transition to 'ready' stance more quickly. Likely javelinmen will also, so these units should be able to start shooting a little more quickly.

Polearm stats have been adjusted, in particular the swordstaff is much more historical.
    Sounds good. Can you give the crossbowmen a bit of an edge?

How do you mean more historical? I'd guess a bit of a nerf. At least looking at the weapon it's hard to see it as an amour piercing weapon, or all that effective at least.

In any case, the new RC will be released as a 'mod pack' that can be added into any submod.
    First I thought you said a mod pack for ANY mod. Almost jizzed my pants. Would love to check out a lot of the major mods but not having RR/RC is kinda putting me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Autokrator View Post
    Can you add more information on the units to the description. Such as range, accuracy, number of arrows etc.
    One thing I've been wishing for is the distinction between Missile and Skirmisher archers. I can remember most of them by heart by now but it would be a nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Autokrator View Post
    Can you add more information on the units to the description. Such as range, accuracy, number of arrows etc. You have added information such as Superior, Exceptional, Feudal, Militia etc. Would be nice to have some more. In Shogun 2 they have done this. If I don't remember incorrectly, speed is also a stat.
    I can add some but its a matter of lots of typing so it will probably be at the end of the queue at this point. But I agree, there is too much hidden info in the units file.

Quote Originally Posted by SamZi View Post
    Sounds good. Can you give the crossbowmen a bit of an edge?

They will get into shooting position more quickly.

How do you mean more historical? I'd guess a bit of a nerf. At least looking at the weapon it's hard to see it as an amour piercing weapon, or all that effective at least.

Exactly, it is no longer AP, but has a higher non-AP attack, faster attack time and better defense - it was quite a handy weapon.

First I thought you said a mod pack for ANY mod. Almost jizzed my pants. Would love to check out a lot of the major mods but not having RR/RC is kinda putting me off.

The intention is that it will be for any mod

One thing I've been wishing for is the distinction between Missile and Skirmisher archers. I can remember most of them by heart by now but it would be a nice addition.
    Yes that would be useful and easy enough to add.
    Last edited by Point Blank; April 02, 2011 at 08:05 AM.

Good idea with swordstaff militia... their AP won many battles for me against HRE in one Denmark campaign. Faster ready stance is interesting- especially for crossbowmen which I guess right now are not able to very often be used how they were historically.

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

Would it be a good idea to just remove the AI's ability to blockade ports? It really doesn't know how to use this effectively and I have seen literally hundreds of stupid wars started this way throughout my playthroughs.
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    "I came, I saw, I conquered"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by RomanGuy View Post
    Would it be a good idea to just remove the AI's ability to blockade ports? It really doesn't know how to use this effectively and I have seen literally hundreds of stupid wars started this way throughout my playthroughs.
    I have to second this suggestion. It boggled me why Novgorod was so intent on sailing all the way through the Baltic then Atlantic just to declare war on my Genoese ports, or why the Kievans felt the need to navigate the Black Sea and the Mediterranean just to attack my Spanish ports. The AI only seems to induce self-chaos with this.

I'm still all in favor of minor fleets attacking each other however, it's a fun way of roleplaying some wars based on privateering gone wrong, witnessing the foolish actions of some rogue admiral drawing two massive nations to war and bloodshed
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

To answer the Novgorod puzzle (and I've seen it myself), we'd have to do a detailed LTGB analysis of why those raids score so highly
    in the decision making process in the campaign AI.

I've removed the Pope mission for humans to blockade ports as that was giving weird results.

I noticed my Council gave me a blockade mission against a rebel port Pisa, when I was Norway, but the missions measure from both ships and ports - up to 4 turns distance
    and I had a ship already in the Med.

I wonder if the CAI does something similar - maybe it doesn't decide on a blockade until it already has a ship in the area - which, as it's only a short distance - makes a blockade more likely? (Chance of blockade should reduce with distance?)

Lesbian Transgendered Gay Bisexual analysis?

The other results were "Let The Games Begin", "Light Tower and Generator Bureau" and "Long Term Government Bond".

LOL - let's try: LTGD
    -
    Novgorod - in descr_sm_factions -does not prefer naval invasions
    LTGD - no naval invasions planned.

looks like their blockades are pretty random decisions?
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; April 19, 2011 at 04:59 AM.

Can't you just tell me what it stands for?

I just had one of my Fatimid generals become the Grandmaster of the Knights of St. John. While this has opened up some intriguing roleplay elements, (his loyalty is at zero and he hates muslims ) it still might be something worth reviewing to make sure that doesn't happen again heh.

LTGD = long term goals decisions.
    it's how the campaign AI assigns values to various factions to see which it prefers to attack / defend against.
    Here's an example (zipped) of just one faction for one turn:
    Attachment 157122

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Good idea with swordstaff militia... their AP won many battles for me against HRE in one Denmark campaign. Faster ready stance is interesting- especially for crossbowmen which I guess right now are not able to very often be used how they were historically.
    Yeah, but I think that the main problem - using them on the walls to shoot from from better angles then bows - can not be fixed.

Looks like this mod has achieved re-emergent factions, and rather recently too. This would be a really exciting feature and make managing your large empire a lot more important. It's rather easy at the moment to keep civil disorder to a minimum, even with religious differences in the area. Perhaps this mod could be implemented and overall unrest in cities increased after a takeover?