Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Maybe even give them no movement points so they can't move out of their city...or maybe that would be too annoying
    I think its enough to just have them be foot soldiers, so there is a bigger difference between generals and governors. Governors should only be used to govern city but if required they should be able to fight, so their bodyguards should be proffesional soilders with greater stats but only 1 hit point. And maybe a maximum of 50 men depending on the traits they have.

sounds fun! and that way AI always have some tough guys at cities
    the bigger the city the bigger the bodyguard?
    i agree no movement points.

thinking freely: perhaps call them Nobles every mission you fail will reduce there loyalty abit
    every mission you succeed increases abit
    you can give them land(titles ancilleries) for increased income but the more they get they might rebel
    depends on wich land they get ofc.
    let's see what happends when they start Civil war

AI will get titles since they stay there anyway

let you family members get ranks for victories and heroic victory boosting there stats incl AI will get them aswell
    the higher the rank the further they can walk/supplies, some ranks require training(education so 1-2 turns in Castle)
    ahwell
    Kwarezmian!

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Seem to remember that it was proposed (ages ago) to create garrison troops with no movement points but it was said they'd still be able to leave settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Seem to remember that it was proposed (ages ago) to create garrison troops with no movement points but it was said they'd still be able to leave settlements?
    Wouldnt that cripple the AI ? I can see it building loads of it and then have no proper field army.
    You ask for steak, I bring you fish. You say that you think steak is better than fish. I say that fish is much more popular than steak so obviously it's better. You say that no matter how good the fish is it can't be better at being steak than the actual steak we used to serve. I say that's just your perception and you're entitled to it but you should accept that fish is the future and that's good. You begin to say something but I stab you in the eye with a fork and run into the kitchen.

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

The idea is that they shouldn't be counted as troops, they are governors and should be used for that purpose only. And restrict them with no movement points would not be a good idea, since if a governor get a bad trait you would naturally move him and recruit another one in that settlement.

Governor concists of 30-50 supperior troops with 1 hit points, they inspire men in combat more than captains but less than generals. And their bodyguards should not replenish after fights, you would have to retrain them to bring their numbers back up. They should be expensive to recruit 1000-2000 denari. Recruited from town hall or similar building

I see, I find it a bit anticlimatic for the middle age tho. Regional rulers, Counts, Dukes etc should govern their own regions and field an army for good or bad on their own. These govenors would be more a city council or seneshals wich should be a trait/"follower" imo.

On the other side I wont have to recruit them, right ?
    You ask for steak, I bring you fish. You say that you think steak is better than fish. I say that fish is much more popular than steak so obviously it's better. You say that no matter how good the fish is it can't be better at being steak than the actual steak we used to serve. I say that's just your perception and you're entitled to it but you should accept that fish is the future and that's good. You begin to say something but I stab you in the eye with a fork and run into the kitchen.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

perhaps add some / all of caralampio's odds and ends?

I second Caralampio's odds and ends. These are some very nice improvements.
    And what about the Tsarsies Garrison Script? Is that implementable in some way?

Currently I'm not playing this mod myself, but I'm following RR/RC CBUR BfB etc. for quite some time now. I will certainly play it in the near future, but now I'm still playing vanilla Kingdoms Brittania campaign (yeah, new total war gamer here).

By the way, PB and the others you're all doing some awesome work here. This mod is really shaping up to something exceptional. Thanks!
    Last edited by Khosrau; May 12, 2009 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    perhaps add some / all of caralampio's odds and ends?
    I agree with this, however can you not include the family album as som of the pictures look a bit weird in my IMHO.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

I was going to make a thread on this but figuring how I see RR/RC as being mandatory for SS, I figured I'd suggest it here too: more attention paid to heresy! Heretical movements should be turned into historic events and (naturally) an increase in the heresy of a particular region(s). I'm thinking firstly of the Albigensian heresy (and crusade) and Bogomilism in the Balkans and western frontier of the Roman Empire. Heresy should be something rulers must pay attention to! Off the top of my head I can't think of how this could be implemented other than by spawning a rebel army, a brigade of heretic agents, and a spawned event boosting heresy to near-revolt levels. Heretic and/or secret heretic (and possibly "revealed heretic") traits for FM's sitting in heretical regions and not doing anything about it; perhaps engendering a (significant) drop in piety and loyalty. I'm curious to know if the spread of heresy can be accurately simulated, where it can pass from region to region...like a plague, almost!

Oh...and hello everyone, it's been a while

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

is there any way someone could maybe look into controlling or changing the way kings and dukes are selected such as keeping the same royal house instead of jumping to every family name evry where in the family tree?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by XIIICaesar View Post
    is there any way someone could maybe look into controlling or changing the way kings and dukes are selected such as keeping the same royal house instead of jumping to every family name evry where in the family tree?
    It's hardcoded.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

I'd like to see the Papacy/Byzantine bug fixed. To clarify: whatever political decisions the Romans make always negatively impacts relations with the Papal States, to ridiculous extremes. Examples include Romans choosing Christian allies over Muslim allies, and breaking an alliance with an enemy of the Papal States.

Proper Banner for the Crusader States please coz they use the banner of the papal states, also the knigths of antoich horse garment/paddings or whatever you call it differs from the unit card, shouldnt it be blue like their armor?

Quote Originally Posted by clgseed View Post
    Proper Banner for the Crusader States please coz they use the banner of the papal states, also the knigths of antoich horse garment/paddings or whatever you call it differs from the unit card, shouldnt it be blue like their armor?
    I realized this too about the knights of antioch don't worry their being replaced by the Knights of St. Lazarus. Haven't had any problems with the banners though.
    Some of the mods in this are good 9scroll down and look at the used mods:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209804
    Last edited by Asparagus; May 17, 2009 at 10:56 AM.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Maybe talk to Tsardoms total war about using some of their stuff? Also have another shot at the Magyar mod.. I heard they don't want to share because SS has a "unhistorical" representation of Hungary... OK fine then, PB how about you ask for your anims back?

nopasties's Avatar Campidoctor

please add the event cathar heresy and subsequent albigensian crusade, was looking around and found this link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1681, never modded but if this command was used change_population_religion I'm guessing it could switch toulouse's religion to a large amount of heresy and if a number of heretics were made to appear I'm assuming this may be able to cause conditions somewhat equivalent to this historical event

If this is correct great if I'm wrong then

thx

I've played the DLV mod recently. I like the military ranking system, squire -> grand knight. Squires are crap and need to spend time in the field to go up ranks. Its a nice system that gives a bit more character to the generals, and gives them bonuses like line of sight for extra experienced generals.

I don't know if this has been suggested, but isn't there a mod that lets you start with castles, and when the population gets big enough, just build cities around the castles? I don't like having to choose, you should be able to have both in one.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmiter1 View Post
    I don't know if this has been suggested, but isn't there a mod that lets you start with castles, and when the population gets big enough, just build cities around the castles? I don't like having to choose, you should be able to have both in one.
    I believe there was a mod that did a similar thing, all units were recruitable from cities and castles. I don't think they did it so trade buildings could be built at castles. The mod may have been "The Long Road". Maybe.