Page 54 of 83 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1642

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Junior Druzhina means best one. Junior Druzhina is well armed and equipped.

What more do you need to know?

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post

Lol! Hell, I volunteer to write the descriptions if no one else will.

PB,
    I've noticed that SS and your mod still uses the 2.1 version of dearmad's Blood, Broads, & Bastards - the 'mini-mod' that provides the in-game traits and retinues, just in case anyone doesn't know. I've looked up this mod recently, only to discover the 4.0a version was already released about a year ago. Needless to say, it contains countless new feats and bug fixes, but unfortunately for us, it's based on vanilla M2TW.

So, I'm just curious, will ever be an update concerning BBB?
    Admittedly, It's no easy task, but I bet the players would appreciate that.

I'd like to see Dismounted knights added to the minor chapter houses.

Has anyone experimented with changing the unit production times based on quality and type etc.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Urban Pros and Late Pros have production time based on quality as well as several other factors.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Incorporating BBB 4 into any new version of SS is going to be difficult.

from the SS6.3 changelog there's a lot of changes to the traits already - how much of BBB 4 could be added I don't know.

If you want to wait for SS6.3 it might be worth having another look then.

--

adding dismounted knights to minor chapter houses is something most people can do themselves.
    (but logically it makes sense - you don't need a bigger city or castle to be able to get off a horse.)

Swallow your pride and walk!

I added them to the minor houses because otherwise they're useless. There would be only one place in your kingdom where you'd be able to recruit and retrain them.

Is there any way to tone down influence of chivalry on population growth? It's a little unrealistic IMHO.

Added events to limiter the speed of settlement upgrades. the Long Road mod had it and it worked quite well.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitallers Kane View Post
    Will you be re-adding the dismounted Frankish knights?
    they were my favourite mercenary unit
    Just checked, this unit hasn't been in for a long time, plus its a spear unit. I might be able to make room but slots are pretty full right now.

Also, there are now 'Early Peasants' with crude 2H weapons (model and textures kindly provided by AWellesley), and 'Late Peasants' with crude polearms. The former are 'Peasant' quality, should the later be 'Peasant' quality or 'Peasant Militia', implying some (small) degree of training and organisation?

Aside from that, next update is done except for question of whether to include Sicily in Late Campaign.
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 14, 2010 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post

Yes those descriptions are taken directly from Rusichi...direct and to the point!

Maybe we should change other descriptions to the same style, eg:
    Dismounted Feudal Knights: They are heavy armored. They cut enemy into small pieces and are very happy.

etc

Why would Dismounted Frankish Knights be a spear unit instead of sword?

I don't remember them being in Vanilla, so they must have been added in SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    Added events to limiter the speed of settlement upgrades. the Long Road mod had it and it worked quite well.
    Sorry but I don't understand. Are you suggesting that I manually add events from Long Road mod?

Quote Originally Posted by zlikovac View Post
    Sorry but I don't understand. Are you suggesting that I manually add events from Long Road mod?
    The Long Road used events as a way of slowing down settlement upgrades. It help slow the campaign down a bit, as you had to wait until the event had passed before being able to upgrade to the later stage settlements and castles. Similar to they way SS RR/RC uses the plate armour event etc. In my current early campaign by 1166 I already had fortresses etc.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Incorporating BBB 4 into any new version of SS is going to be difficult.

from the SS6.3 changelog there's a lot of changes to the traits already - how much of BBB 4 could be added I don't know.

If you want to wait for SS6.3 it might be worth having another look then.
    Roz, thanks for the answer.
    I asked gracul, he said he won't update BBB in SS 6.3, so probably I'll take the matter in my own hands.

I'm going to start a new thread soon for a BBB update, and hopefully release an upgraded version for SS in the near future. Obviously, I won't take all of the new features from BBB 4.0 (incompatibility issues), but a good number of new/adjusted traits and ancillaries shall be introduced. Moreover, it could nicely complement my little historical mod as well.
    And of course, I'll be open to suggestions.

after going back to RC/RR from SS Ultimate (because of the AIs inability to recruit agents) I added some features from the sub-sub mod to my own copy, including larger unit sizes and stronger rebel armies in Ireland and i though it might be nice to have much stronger rebel armies in other places to represent the smaller nations
    Balbor

Former Creative Director

After attempting to play a 1450 Campaign with the Holy Roman Empire, I feel obligated to suggest the xenophobia mod for a future release of RR/RC.

The current German voices are... horrendous. Besides using German words, little else actually feels or sounds German. Shame on CA for not using good voice-actors....

So, hopefully some people will agree and throw in their support for getting the Xenophobia mod implemented, or at the very least the German voices transferred.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Mein kaiser?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    After attempting to play a 1450 Campaign with the Holy Roman Empire, I feel obligated to suggest the xenophobia mod for a future release of RR/RC.
    I assume you mean the Xenophonia mod, not a mod about the fear of foreigners

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

hehe