Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

I think it's about time we had a complete integrated Compilation Mod description page/s. Sure, people can follow each link to the individual mods it contains at the moment, but this must be a nightmare for new players and even for many established players.

Off the top of my head I suggest a overall gameplay instructions section (events, ancillaries, traits, recruitment, war, trade, tips etc), a factions and units section with pictures and perhaps another for the map and settlements.

Some people may jump straight to this, skipping vanilla, so it might also be worth covering the vanilla basics or outlining that which is totally different from vanilla.

I don't suggest the BGRIV instuctions be integrated as that is optional and for expert players, but I could do a summary of features i.e more than a simple list , but less than the current 10,000 character book.
    Last edited by Byg; February 27, 2010 at 08:33 AM.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

I agree, but wow that would be quite a task Byg.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I agree, but wow that would be quite a task Byg.
    Well, something is better than nothing so the basics could be posted and added to whenever possible.

I don't know if multiple people can help edit the same post, but if so that would speed things up immensely. Make the instructions a download I guess, then anyone involved can edit/add to it when they can.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Byg did you get my PM about the Troops Despondent?

1. Could we have as much money from "Exterminate Populace" as from "Sack Settlement"? I mean, if you kill everyone you can steal their stuff, can't you?

2. Can you incorporate Archaon's Loyal Allies Modification to stop the AI backstabbing the player for no good reason? It's a mod for TA:TW but it should work anyway because the codes changed aren't related to the actual game data I don't think... Also, the additional scripts can probably be modified to suit SS:

Quote Originally Posted by Archaon View Post
    If two factionsare not allies, then the changes no longer apply in any way. The only thing the mod does is stop allies from attacking one another straight out with an army or navy. So when an allies army is hanging around you don’t have to be afraid of them attacking you, you can rest assured they are there to help you as the decision to send it there was made that way, my mod removes the attacking ally with an army decision, so by sending the army there they intend to help.

So anyone is capable to forge an alliance the same way as usual, at any time, I do not interfere with anything at all other than simply removing armies, and navies, decision to attack your army, port, or settlement. If they want to be hostile they have the option to do so through ‘cold war’ tactics (spy, merchant, assassin, bad diplomacy) and eventually when you become annoying enough a diplomatic exchange will trigger them to advise they want to shift from allies to neutral which will allow them to attack you.

Like I said, do not ever use the word ‘unbreakable’ as it is a title only (thus thread name change), my mod in no way forces alliances, what my mod does is create a foundation to set up other ai files such as the descr_strat and AI.xml files to create the true ‘unbreakable’ alliances.

Oh, and additionally, scripted conditions can break an alliance, they are useful because sometimes the allied factions never decide to break the alliances on their own if everything is working out. So say like turn 500 we check if two are allied and if they are we break it. Or if a character with a nasty trait like betrayer or simply he has low respect/loyalty, ect, if he is in an allies region we can check that and break the alliance so he has an opportunity to strike! Or the region owner can try to expel him..

Optional scripts to enhance AI realism using this mod:

1. If the player breaks an alliance, all his other allies might choose to break their alliance with the player too!
    2. A new leader, means new views. If the leader has low Authority it is likely he holds less respect for the legacy he has behind him, so it likely that he may choose not to keep the alliances once forged by the old leader, or the allies might see this leader in a different light and not keep to their vowels.
    3. Any leader spying on an ally is bound to be found out, do you think the alliance will hold after such transgression?
    4. Any leader who is found assassinating allies is bound to be caught, do you think the alliance will hold after such transgression?
    5. Get caught sabotaging and ally, pay the price!
    Last edited by Sir Walter; February 27, 2010 at 01:58 PM.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

@Sir Walter

Ad. 1 It's done.

Ad. 2. The name of this mod is misleading, it should state "player can't attack allies", as for the other part it just forces alliance breaks etc if players take some action against their allies (like spying).

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    @Sir Walter

Ad. 1 It's done.

Ad. 2. The name of this mod is misleading, it should state "player can't attack allies", as for the other part it just forces alliance breaks etc if players take some action against their allies (like spying).

Regards
    I thought it said that the ally can't attack the player either?

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Nope, what Archaon did was not allowing player to click and attack allied settlements/characters. I don't suppose cursor settings would ever apply to AI.

Reagrds
    I have no memory of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Nope, what Archaon did was not allowing player to click and attack allied settlements/characters. I don't suppose cursor settings would ever apply to AI.

Reagrds
    God damnit Leeroy... that's actually quite pointless then to be honest, I wouldn't attack an ally anyway. Though he does say:

Quote Originally Posted by Archaon View Post
    These files will disable any army or navy units attempting to attack an ally Army, Settlement, Navy, or Port.
    Yes that is right - the AI will not break alliances by simply following their silly coded invasions!

New Suggestions:

1. Have a trait that is never naturally picked up, called "Next Heir". Because the next heir is the son (or failing that nephew/cousin) with the highest Authority, the trait can add 8 Authority and be removed automatically when the character becomes heir, leaving you free to choose the next one. "Hardcore" non-cheaters might regard this as a violation of the game rules (I myself only use two cheats, character_reset and toggle_fow, and only use those for finding princesses and getting freshmen an education), but it would obviously be totally optional so everyone wins

2. Replace Portugal (which in my experience doesn't really do much and is always crushed by Spain/Moors) with Sweden, which would be far more useful in my opinion, as it was a major power in the Baltic. Oh, and the Battle for the Baltic units can be used!

3. AD 1000 Campaign!! It would present more options:

• Kingdom of Italy within Holy Roman Empire allows Venetian and Genoese slots to be used in other places.
    • Emirate of Sicily allows people to play with a maritime Islamic power.
    • Portugal/Venice/Genoa can be made into a Swedish faction.
    • The Abbasid Caliphate was more than a joke, and can be played more than its puppet role in mods set later that include it.
    • Bulgaria!
    • The Turks start from scratch somewhere East of the Caspian, allowing people to play as a truly "homeless" faction (unlike Mongols/Timurids which had empires further East than the engine lets us go).
    • A pre-Norman England would let people experiment more with earlier, Germanic warfare as well as allowing for gradual development into a feudal society without foreign invasion.
    • The Byzantine Empire is at its largest since the 7th Century, allowing much more scope for expanding more easily, especially as Southern Italy is part of it.
    • Lithuania (not a major power by any means at the time) and Novgorod (which was a part of Kiev then) can be removed if you want to have Navarre/Volga Bulgars.

So here are the faction changes this would bring about:

1. Venice -> Burgundy (who would mainly have French and German units, along with some generic militias)
    2. Genoa -> Bulgaria (many of whose units are already mercenaries)
    3. Portugal -> Sweden (with a healthy mix of Danish, Rus' & Norwegian units)
    4. Crusader States -> Abbasids (with BC units I should imagine )
    5. Novgorod -> Volga Bulgars?
    6. Lithuania -> Navarre? (Probably not because Navarre is the same as Spain really, and was never very important whereas Lithuania is later on)

I could potentially help, if someone was willing to... what's the word... patronise me? Anyway I'll go on SS 6.1 (no RR/RC atm )and make the map with the territories I'm thinking of.

http://www.euratlas.com/big/europe_1000.jpg
    Last edited by Sir Walter; February 28, 2010 at 10:18 AM.

Sorry for the double post, but I've had 3 ideas since the above one and I don't think anybody's really noticed them.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

I think its a fantastic idea ,having said that the current one still isn't complete really ,most factions still have vanilla units/skins

Signature made by Joar

I have few suggestions regarding sieges:
    1. Can you make that when I assault the settlement and fail to take it but don't lose too many units to not break the siege? Number of units required to continue with the siege will depend on the size of the settlement. This way if you have siege artillery you can bombard the settlement for a turn or two and then try to capture it, or to have more then one shot to capture it if you have enough units.
    2. Can it be made that when army lays siege on your settlement you get an option to fight immediately or stay inside and wait?

If this is possible I hope that game AI can cope with it.

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    I think its a fantastic idea ,having said that the current one still isn't complete really ,most factions still have vanilla units/skins
    Yeah that and about another 20+ units/faction complete with historical appearance and obsolescence. This ain't like DoTS, its not some big team, its just me and a few faithful contributors. In any case, there are a huge number of new units and reskins from both myself and other submods such as 1100, CBUR, BFTB, Rusichi etc.

... And we could add the others units from CBUR, thos units are already created. (before the reforms )

But it's clear, this is a big amount of work...

Yeah that and about another 20+ units/faction complete with historical appearance and obsolescence. This ain't like DoTS, its not some big team, its just me and a few faithful contributors. In any case, there are a huge number of new units and reskins from both myself and other submods such as 1100, CBUR, BFTB, Rusichi etc.
    Yes I realise that and on many occasions have said what a great job you have done ,and i still say that ,you have improved it no end .All i said was why start a new one (ie 1000 campaign )when there is still work to do on this one .(Islamic factions)
    Last edited by Constantius; March 01, 2010 at 07:19 AM.

Signature made by Joar

Yep Islamic factions are still neglected

But what do you guys think of the actual suggestion?

A whole other campaign (besides 1370) is a mega amount of work and I'm personally not prepared to do it.

Well as i said i think its a great idea ,but i'm not talented enough to even contemplate that much work, and as PB just pointed out he already has his plate full .....But still a good idea

Signature made by Joar

Icon12 Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

A whole other campaign (besides 1370) is a mega amount of work and I'm personally not prepared to do it.
    Okay then. I would, but I don't know how... any modders waiting around and free for a project and a protégé?