Page 30 of 83 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

I'd like to second reducing the Cuman (and Turkish and Hungarian) cavalry and horse archer upkeep costs.
    they are all horsey factions, would probably have lower upkeep than western units and the economies for those factions are
    poorer than others due to a variety of factors.
    halving their upkeep would help keep them in the game longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    I'd like to second reducing the Cuman (and Turkish and Hungarian) cavalry and horse archer upkeep costs.
    they are all horsey factions, would probably have lower upkeep than western units and the economies for those factions are
    poorer than others due to a variety of factors.
    halving their upkeep would help keep them in the game longer.
    I agree, i played with Hungary and since the cities are poor and undeveloped, after capturing few rebel towns, you need cavalry to cover terytory, and economy cant suport even some basic force to kill of spavned rebels.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

<siege_att_str_modifier float="0.27"/> in descr_campaign_db.xml - much too low, theoretically it causes assault onlly if AI is 3.7x stronger. There's been some discussion on it on TATW forums lately, 0.5-0.6 looks cool.

Regards

P.S. @PB Sorry, I forgot to check it before I uploaded files.
    I have no memory of this place.

Have looked at horsey faction upkeep costs - s
    suggest lowering upkeep to 150 for:
    Lithuanian Cavalry
    Turkish Horse Archers
    Magyar Cavalry
    Pechenegs
    Cuman Horse Militia
    Yasi Archers

I'd leave the heavy cavalry, later units as they are.
    May help those factions a bit.
    -------------

G5 tx for heads-up on those values - I've amended to 0.40 in my mod.
    will see if it changes much.
    (there's a whole load of defensive parameters that can be changed too.)
    (but don't expect a lot of change.)

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    <siege_att_str_modifier float="0.27"/> in descr_campaign_db.xml - much too low, theoretically it causes assault onlly if AI is 3.7x stronger. There's been some discussion on it on TATW forums lately, 0.5-0.6 looks cool.

Regards

verrrrrry interesting.....will test it out

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

I think priority should go to getting Broken Cresent Seljuks(No Ottomen units 4 Seljuks tho ) and Magyar Mod units in to the game

Signature made by Joar

Wouldn't object to an improvement to the CAI - and I know it's easy to moan rather than make constructive proposals but ...

Just played short tests as both Sicily and Genoa.
    In both cases Byzantium blockaded one of my harbours on T8/T9, and then a few turns later Portugal blockaded one.
    (In the case of Genoa - the turn after we had just made a trade agreement.)

Is there a way to get the AI to stop pointless DoW / blockades when it is against their economic interests and makes no sense strategically ?
    (I can see why Byz would attack Sicily - but Genoa makes little sense, and for Portugal to attack either s plain daft.)
    (It's like when Lithuania sends a fleet to blockade a Scottish port, just because it's the human player.)

Roz,

I tried what Germanicu5 posted and I can say it does work great. I also made some changes to Savages CAI. I amped up the trusted_ally_enemy attack feature so your allys attack your enemy if you have very good relations (norway is helping me take out hre and england). Also made some tweaks in hopes of keeping random acts of war on the human on vh campaign diff. Example is Scottland attacked me during one campaign and England attacked me the next campaign both b4 turn 10 playing as spain. No attacks have occured after the change but want to test more. Made other various tweaks such as going after rebels and defending ect. Gonna work on the diplomacy next.

soulson -
    good work - look forward to seeing end result!

Will units souch as Gendarmes and demi-lancers be removed from custom battles(except for France and England of course ). I realy dont see the point, of having them there.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

I really think that you should rename the "Kingdom of the Franks" , beause it is not historically accurate although one can argue is technically accurate .

Capetians are directly desendants of Franks , but for example so is the Plantagenet with the Normans , yet England cannot not be named "Kingdom of the Normans" .

One should consider that the Frankish empire is over after the death of Charlemagne who shares it between his three sons , here the game starts in the 12th century , 3th centuries after , by that time the king call himself "king of france" and the nobility do not call themselves franks but french and speak quite a different language . The closest to the Franks would be the Carolingian HRE by the 12th century .

What you see in accounts (crusade acounts ) when muslims refer to crusaders as franks , is because from the muslim point of view , all europeans crusaders were referred as franks at that time ( french , english , germans etc.)

The reason is that the empire of the franks fought the muslims ( martel , charlemagne in iberia ) throughout the 8th and 9th century , and the term "franks" was used since then by the muslims to refer to christian soldiers from western europe like the christians used the term "saracens" to designate pretty much anyone muslim they fought .

Anyway , if you cant fix it at this point , it's not a big deal , but if you can do it easily , then i think it would be more accurate to rename it , cheers and thank you so much for this brilliant mod
    Last edited by DeMolay; February 19, 2010 at 08:20 PM.

OK will do thanks

Could we have shorter turns, like 1/2 year or 1/4 year? They worked on the RTR mods for RTW so they would probably work here... I just got a bit sick of my characters becoming too old to fight en route to a Crusade, and if we had the same amount of movement in a turn, but the characters aged 1/4 as much, the game would work better in my opinion
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Sir Walter - you try a 2 turn per year sub-mod?

Icon14 Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Sir Walter - you try a 2 turn per year sub-mod?
    Yeah, maybe, but 1/4 would be better. I'll look out for one anyway.

...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Have looked at horsey faction upkeep costs - s
    suggest lowering upkeep to 150 for:
    Lithuanian Cavalry
    Turkish Horse Archers
    Magyar Cavalry
    Pechenegs
    Cuman Horse Militia
    Yasi Archers

I'd leave the heavy cavalry, later units as they are.
    May help those factions a bit.
    -------------

G5 tx for heads-up on those values - I've amended to 0.40 in my mod.
    will see if it changes much.
    (there's a whole load of defensive parameters that can be changed too.)
    (but don't expect a lot of change.)
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post

Regards

Done thanks guys

I mentioned a rocket workshop earlier for Mongols and Timurids which they can build before other factions can build cannon.

Have added it to my 2TPY/All towns mods - can't test it as I can't play the late campaign with my EDB.)

Let me know if you want the necessary code.

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

Is there any plan for a Garrison script of any kind? I really liked the idea of Burebista's Complex City Reinforcement submod for earlier 6.2rr/rc that offered a little bit of stiff resistance when attacking a city - with the use of city garrison troops and merc's added in extra to defend the walls. Unfortunately Burebista has not posted anything since mid December so I presume he may of move on to something else.

Please note I don't (nor would anyone else) want a garrison script that suddenly plants a stack of uber 3 gold chevron Armored Swordsmen within the walls of a city you are about to attack, just something to amp up the challenge when the AI decides to leave its cities undefended except for one or two militia units.

Yes I'm about half way through it, but its a lot of work.

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

Nice!