Page 19 of 83 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728294469 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Calidor View Post
    How about Permament Stone Forts, not buildable but already pre-placed from the start? Both in historical locations of important castles and at a few strategic positions where it could lead to interesting battles.
    General consensus is that the AI has difficulty with forts. Even permanent pre-placed forts tend to get the AI stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Assuming the AI doesnt move their forces out of the forts because it values the position less then a human player in favor of city defense
    Can you make them keep at least five units or something in every place? It kind of pisses me off anyway to invade somewhere with a full stack and end up fighting one bodyguard for the control of a capital... and I agree with the suggestion for battle-generated militia garrison extras
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Its quite difficult to makle the AI garrison its settlements well. I'd like to have a garrison script that added some militia, but have no experience writing one, maybe someone esle could do it. Might be able to adapt Tsarsies' one he did some time ago.

From what I remember of the garrison scripts they'd fire the following turn - siege, build equipment, turn, garrison army spawns.
    With siege equipment or spies that open the gates this could be circumvented as the check for it was in the turnscript.
    Unless that is changed I regard granting the AI more free upkeep slots then the player as more promising as this seems to motivate the AI to garrison more units.
    Regretable this could also provoke full spear militia stacks as city defense in early turns. The discussion / report was somewhere in the SS main forum I'll look later if I can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulson View Post
    I would still love to see the AI attack other factions if asked (given the right amount of money/land) or at lease counter offer proposals more when it comes to attacking other factions.

Would also like to mention I see alot of AI armies "stuck" or just hanging out in random places for 20 + turns. Such as Spain idling a full stack near TO/Norway borders.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

I think garrison scripts can be counter productive if done realisticly with militias. They end up with an army that is weak. The ai cannot delete it and will keep it instead of making a proper army. They only really help the ai if they are good or elite units IMO and that only helps the besieged city not necessarily the cause of the faction, which may be better served by leaving the ai to build an army elsewhere for a counter attack.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    which may be better served by leaving the ai to build an army elsewhere for a counter attack.
    Simulate war taxes? Basicly a rewrite of the garrison script but resulting in money not troops
    Pseudocode: if "settlement besieged [conquered?] by human player" add money to besieged AI
    I honestly can't judge the impact as in my experience the AI seems to already get a steady and sufficient infusion of money

Oh, and the other thing... can a faction get half of another factions money if they conquer the capital? It's where the money would be...

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    Oh, and the other thing... can a faction get half of another factions money if they conquer the capital? It's where the money would be...
    Along with the money script for the AI this could bring you 100k from one city conquered - for me its bad enough that I get the credits of a client kingdom on surrender which most often means that I am rich beyond build capacity for the next 20 turns (thats why I dont accept vasals anymore)

Invasion armies can't surprise attack thats why I'd find it logical to assume that any national property and most of the kings coffers would be packed with some elite vanguard and send away "just in case".
    Also keep in mind that this has the potential of slowing the turn computing time down as this would be another global script the engine would have to check.

I've changed the AI money script so that the extra amount per settlement the AI gets depends on settlement size and type.

I think garrison scripts can be counter productive if done realisticly with militias. They end up with an army that is weak. The ai cannot delete it and will keep it instead of making a proper army. They only really help the ai if they are good or elite units IMO and that only helps the besieged city not necessarily the cause of the faction, which may be better served by leaving the ai to build an army elsewhere for a counter attack.
    militias do a nice job on walls and for a besieged city summon everyone that can hold a spear or a crossbow would be logical if the enemy within the gates. player would recieve a small reinforce that disappear(but lost population by the militias that die and money to pay the militias based in the number of enemies that they killed ) and the A.I a bigger one .

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I've changed the AI money script so that the extra amount per settlement the AI gets depends on settlement size and type.
    Is it possible to include a switch so it doesnt fire once a kingdom surrenders?
    Meaning that client kingdoms no longer benefit from this script

Ducenarius

The 1450 campaing is totally unhistorically so i sugest to redone it more historicaly.
    For example remove the mongols and the charezmians and add the timurids as a superpower.
    Also more historicaly starting postitions should be fixed beacuse they are the same as 1370

1450 will be removed eventually to make way for a historic 1370 campaign. 1450 is mostly an excuse to play with late-era units

Ducenarius

oh,that sounds good but still i think that in 1370 the mongols had died and the timurids were a superpower.Correct me if i am wrong

Icon14 Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Along with the money script for the AI this could bring you 100k from one city conquered - for me its bad enough that I get the credits of a client kingdom on surrender which most often means that I am rich beyond build capacity for the next 20 turns (thats why I dont accept vasals anymore)

Invasion armies can't surprise attack thats why I'd find it logical to assume that any national property and most of the kings coffers would be packed with some elite vanguard and send away "just in case".
    Also keep in mind that this has the potential of slowing the turn computing time down as this would be another global script the engine would have to check.
    Fair enough.

Icon5 Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Would it be possible for a garrison script only to trigger when the AI garrisons insufficiently and the settlement is besieged? That would allow for the AI's training of proper garrisons but help it when it doesn't do so...

And, in 1100, can Western Flanders, Burgundy, Brittany, Gascony and Provence be French but with lots of rebel forts, Palermo be a city (and I mean a city not a town, it was huge in the 11th century, biggest port of the Medditerranean) and Angers be a fortress (it was, and Anjou ringed with stone castles by 1030), London a city and York and Exeter a large town if not a city (Exeter had a cathedral in the late tenth century because King Edgar housed his Holy Lance there and York had been the capital of the North for centuries and it had an archbishop - even a bishop has a city!)?

And instead of Town = Small Church, Large Town = Church, Minor City = Abbey, Large City = Cathedral and Huge City = Huge Cathedral, can we have Town = Church, Large Town = Abbey, Minor City = Cathedral, Large City = Large Cathedral and Huge City = Huge Cathedral/Basilica? Only because in fact every European city requires a cathedral, not the other way round...

Oh, and sorry for double post. Can't merge them myself
    Last edited by Sir Walter; September 06, 2009 at 11:27 AM.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Weren't those regions territorial domains of the HRE and/or Burgundy, not of France? I'm fairly certain that France did not hold nominal power in any of those areas (except Gascony) in 1100.

And for the 1100 Early Era campaign, there is a seperate thread for discussion about it.

I donīt know if is possible but the engine allow build forts to generate wealth or recruit exclusive units(like is used to units for crusades/jihad) via merc window ?

would be nice add permanent castles to broke the 200 settlement limit

For a future release of course
    Last edited by betto; September 06, 2009 at 07:01 PM.

Ducenarius

Oneother opinion of mine is that when a unit gain an experience point its defence skill should be risen up,not only its attack.Like RTW

How about it?
    Is this easy enough to do?