Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526274267 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Why are there no forts?
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Because they are disabled in descr_campaign_db.xml ... ah what the hell, look here Limited amount of forts?
    They are disabled because it is felt the human player is able to gain an unfair advantage with them.
    Searching this suggestions topic will show you that this is already discussed and your welcome to share your experiences with the AI and forts.
    The main topic of the compilation where your question was already answered several times also features several pointers about this.

Sorry... also, why are the Varangians militia? I could be wrong of course, but if they were good enough to be the Roman Emperor's bodyguard they can't have been that bad...

They aren't. Look again. You are probably talking about varangian spearmen, a Kievan Rus unit. And they are militia quality, category Local. Varangian Guard are Elite Early Professionals.

I meant the Kievan Rus' unit. The Rus' probably had the best Varangians, even if they were spearmen. I might be wrong, but I couldn't see any elite Varangians in the building browser for the Rus'...

Another few suggestions: scripted forts for the AI in strategic places (e.g. Carpathian passes for Hungary) so players can have them without getting a big advantage, and split Sicily into three (with a new castle and make Palermo a city because it was) and Normandy into two (with Rouen as a city). Also, start the towns out more developed - York had a cathedral in the tenth century (I think it starts out with nothing I'm not sure), and so did most places in Europe!
    Last edited by Sir Walter; August 31, 2009 at 07:12 AM.

split Sicily into three (with a new castle and make Palermo a city because it was) and Normandy into two (with Rouen as a city)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    SS is already at the region limit so you cant add any more without taking others away. And if you add more settlements to Britain, the British Isles will become too crowded and you will end up with nothing but siege battles there because every army will be able to reach another settlement in 1 turn.

Could you add back in the Lithuania conversion script?

Love NCAA football? Go here.

From what I recall the AI cant handle the switch so its either start out as christian or as pagan.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus

SS is already at the region limit so you cant add any more without taking others away. And if you add more settlements to Britain, the British Isles will become too crowded and you will end up with nothing but siege battles there because every army will be able to reach another settlement in 1 turn.
    Get rid of some worthless wilderness like Tartarstan. And I didn't suggest more in Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by M.P.C.U. View Post
    Get rid of some worthless wilderness like Tartarstan. And I didn't suggest more in Britain.
    The point was the region limit. No need to take it so literal... If I take my time searching for a quote I sure wont trimm it to the point if thats mentioned in the first sentence of it.
    You can only assign 200~ regions=cities and removing "wilderness" just results in regions in the east getting even bigger then they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    The point was the region limit. No need to take it so literal... If I take my time searching for a quote I sure wont trimm it to the point if thats mentioned in the first sentence of it.
    You can only assign 200~ regions=cities and removing "wilderness" just results in regions in the east getting even bigger then they are now.
    Fair point. In that case, could Palermo be a city anyway? I mean, it was HUGE, it had 500 mosques when Count Roger took it in the late tenth century! Which brings me on to something else... he was called Roger, not Ruggero. And I doubt he'd call his daughter Margherita

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

MPCU :
    Historically you are correct.
    I believe Palermo is a castle for gameplay reasons.
    If we make it a town there will only be towns for the sicilians.
    people will then complain they cannot recruit castle units.

My suggestions, which I'd be happy to try and mod for myself if I was told how, would be- take out the Timurids and Scotland, still make Scotland very strong and if possible have William Wallace appear as he does but with a rebel army, and add Burgundy and either Serbia or Bulgaria, maybe then take away some cities from the British Isles to other places if they can be placed better elsewhere. Instead of having expansive regions in North Africa simply not make some of it conquerable, if possible of course. Maybe add Georgia or another Muslim civ, I'd say Aragon being the best candidate from then on to be taken away, maybe Norway (but they're both fun!). That's what I got for now

I'd like the ability to tick off mods. I love the compilation, but sometimes I want to play without RR (I want those early Longbowmen instead of waiting 100 years), and having the option to turn off mods would make this much more enjoyable for me.

How about having Timurids appear as Mongol army? If you look at that link you'll definitely be able to create another faction with new units. Here's the link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=162394

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    MPCU :
    Historically you are correct.
    I believe Palermo is a castle for gameplay reasons.
    If we make it a town there will only be towns for the sicilians.
    people will then complain they cannot recruit castle units.
    They could have Syracuse as a castle... for me it's no problem as I usually have Bari, Caligliari and Ancona (and Milan if I'm lucky and quick )

Won't be removing Timurids, or making them Mongols, as they will likely be at war with them.

No chance of ticking off submods, everything is very integrated, it would be a huge amount of work.

The long-range plan is still to have Georgia in Early and Late Campaign, and Flanders-Burgundy in 1370 Campaign, along with other faction changes.

How about Syracuse as a castle and Palermo as a large city?

gothic knights for TO XD 2hsword for templar guards ai money script

Oh! And incorporate Zuma's mod into it if anyone has it (the link on his thread broke) but have scripted AI forts and watchtowers so it's not an advantage over AI.