Page 16 of 83 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Maybe you should start using version numbers
    I myself regard the march version as v3.09 (9th march....) and the april version? yeah thats 4.23
    So there is a full version number jump right there nothing interim about it as both versions are play- and enjoyable.
    I'll only get into trouble once this submod hits 2010

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bane_tw View Post
    Yeah, finalised, bugtested and everything. Online-support as well.
    I want a money-back guarantee too

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

I want a money-back guarantee too
    And you shall have it!
    Although I noticed after posting and my morning coffee that we already have full online support 24/7

I apologise, I didn't mean to insult anyone. I love the current version I am using (april 23 update), but have had a very frustrating time with reinstalls, and try to keep them to a minimum. Purely a personal issue, as I can't get highspeed broadband in the area I live (yet), and suffer from dropouts in service etc.
    Didn't mean to say anything less than complimentary. I will, of course, update to the next version, and each version after that.
    Again, didn't mean to cause offence, and am at least glad that you and the team had a chance to laugh at my expense.... I evidently type quicker than my brain reviews what I'm trying to say...

I dont think anyone took offense mate. Just having a bit of fun

Purely a personal issue, as I can't get highspeed broadband in the area I live (yet), and suffer from dropouts in service etc.
    I think you are raising a valid issue with that.
    The good news there is that the next update while be a incremental one so you wont need to download everything again
    but if I remember correctly it will sum up to 500mb as well. I remember others having issues with bigger (100mb+) downloads as well so
    maybe it would make sence to split up the update this time. I'll try to put up a mirror as soon as it is out - so what is your ballpark? 100mb parts, 200mb?
    I mean we all love the 99% download finished connection drop but smaller files might help out in that regard.

oh, I'm very happy to go with the larger size increments, I just start the download at 10pm at night and see how it's going the next morning... however if you're in a developing nation/rural area, anywhere with below par internet, it can be incredibly frustrating to use up a big chunk of your download limit and the thing not work connection drop out etc, and then have to start again. That problem was the main motivation behind my earlier (not very well thought out) comments.
    I think putting both options out there for users would be brilliant, and help a lot of users.
    Looking forward to the next update!

I would like to see a faction heir ancillary that would aid with heir selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    Following a faction leader's death, the next heir chosen is the family member with the most Authority points.
    Following a faction heir's death, the next heir chosen is random/ignores Authority points.
    From what I recall the authority only comes into play for faction leaders so a negative trait -10 authority trait like "has not chosen a successor" could be awarded if the king carries the ancillary without passing it on
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnutmaster View Post
    I have made last minute changes (e.g., I switched the heir_orb ancillary to a character who had only come of age two turns ago) before killing the faction leader and, afterward, it is always the character with the heir_orb that becomes faction heir.
    The rest of the research / discussion is accessable here:Setting Heirs to your preference
    Apologies if this his been mentioned before (I only remember this beeing discussed in the 6.1 suggestions)

If that authority work-around actually works it would be a great addition to the game to actually allow the correct faction leader to be chosen.

i had an idea about the teutonic Order.... they were very involved with the HRE, so could be possible to make they would recieve somo money for every chapter house, built by HRE?? (the higher is the hose level, the higher is the payment)..i think this has sense, cause teutonics in HRE become to the Baltic order and owe them loyalty. Moreover Teutons are according to my opinion the most difficult faction to play (poor and just 2 territories and lot of enemies neigbouring),more with BGR IV on, and though it has historical accuracy, some more money could be a great help. What do you think about? is it feasible?

Quote Originally Posted by Darioos View Post
    If that authority work-around actually works it would be a great addition to the game to actually allow the correct faction leader to be chosen.
    As quoted there might still be a random element in one case but it'd be still better then before

Do you think you could convert this if you got permission? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015

Love NCAA football? Go here.

make the pikemen use the sword in close quarter fights... like in wall...

without force them to use the sword make them stronger than macedonian phalanx in Vanilla RTW

Quote Originally Posted by betto View Post

without force them to use the sword make them stronger than macedonian phalanx in Vanilla RTW
    Pike units' secondary weapons were taken out because you cant control when they use them. In vanilla M2TW, pikemen would swap to their swords 2 seconds after engaging in melee, quite often while they were still being charged. The only way to make them effective in their primary role was to remove their swords entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by betto View Post

I'm pretty sure that, for next update, through animation and stat changes pikemen are about right now. Aside from their current stats, changes to pikemen are:
    -slowed attack animations a little
    -increased pikemen time in 'ready' stance so increases time between attacks
    -slowed pikemen time to turn left or right - its not easy swinging a 18' pike about - this also means you ahve to be more careful maneuvering pike formations
    -removed pikemen defense animations - if the enemy is close enough so that you need one, your pike won't be too effective in doing it
    -halved pikemen defense values, rounding down - note this gives some pikemen 0 defense and reduces the effect of the agility-based defense bonus for low armor, which wouldn't really apply in a pike formation.

The net result of these changes is that pikes are still very effective head-on, but if engaged from the side, or their formation is broken up, they are very vulnerable. Highly-trained pikemen that hold formation better are now much better suited to attack than cheaper pikemen with more ragged formations, who are best restricted to defense. Its great to watch a pike formation, that has been holding off your best men frontally for some time, fold in moments when hit by a weaker unit in the flank
    Last edited by Point Blank; August 29, 2009 at 01:36 AM.

Won't making pikes so useless when flanked make them basically useless for AI which wont be able to keep them safe from flanking?

They aren't useless, just more vulnerable than before. They will still face the attack but will lose more men in the process.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

PB, I was saying before that some horse archer units (short range) are underpowered and you said you were increasing them by 20%. However I have found that those HA who currently have long range are already powerful enough and increasing them may make them too strong.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

I said I was planning to increase them by 20%? I don't remember that

This submod is really great!New units recruitment system Ai improvement are really great , I spend many months playing with this submod and thank U.I have only few suggestion about map balance and nations.Computer economy is simple.Many provinces -->many units --->easy neighbour conquer.

Map is totally unbalanced.always is the same scenario.(I was playing ca. 40 games to the end around 700 hours I was spend testing this mod all nations.)

Early Era campign

- Kwahrezm is too powerful.This nation have too many provinces and too many rebels provinces to conquer.In Early Era they conquer Ottomans and Cumans and when Mongols came they just win this war it is so silly situation.The best solution here is too give them 1-2 province and maybe add some nation in the region of Baghdad as in Eastern Revival.

- Fattimids very easy conquer Kingdom of Jerusalem.In all my games they have alliance with Kwahrezmian against Ottomans.Turks have any chance to survive.In real History ,Ottomans conquers Egipt.

- add Georgia

- remove Kingdom of Aragon or Portugal ,it is too many nations at Iberian Peninsula and they fight also each other.

- maybe add some other nation like Burgundy or Flanders in Western Europe.France became to powerful by 50 turns and in all games destroy HRE easily.

- add more provinces in France to England. I think Aquitaine region (Bordeaux)

- change Poland and Hungary regions as in Eastern Revival mod.

- Mongols in all may games not conquer Kievan Rus and Novgorod.In the real history Mongol invasion change a lot in history of Russia.Kievan Rus was destroyed.Lithuania have empty terrain to conquer many russian lands.Novgorod and Moscow are Mongols vassals.

- add one of the nation in Balkans (Serbia or Bulgaria).Byzantine Empire have always problem with Balkans nations.

- give Cyprus to Kingdom of Jerusalem or Venice

- Byzantine Empire alliance with Kievan Rus.

Late Era campaign 1200 a.d

- Very good idea with Latin Empire but Byzantium attacked by Turks is too poor to conquer Constantinople and all their provinces.Hungary just conquer all this lands.Pls add more provinces to them I think Athens and Morea and give them more money at the beggining.Of course when human play Byzantium it is easy but computer is too dumb when U playing Turks or KoJ for example.and thi s made game unbalanced

- Mongols attack in 1200 a.d campaign it is brilliant job ,but most of Mongols units is send against Kwahrezm and Turks.Mongols very rare fight against Novgorod and Kievan Rus.In real history they are destroying Kievan Rus burn Ukraine lands to the ground and attack Poland and Hungary very hard ,after that growing power Lithuania became a superior power in this region when Kievan Rus was destroyed and Mongols armies gone.Right now Mongols not fight with Russians nations.They conquer Turks.

-- change Poland and Hungary regions as in Eastern Revival mod.

- France is too powerful as in early campaign best idea is to give them few provinces and made some nation as Burgundy or Flanders. and give more french province to England.

- HRE situation is too hard.Existing this nation is most important nation to give Western Europe good balance.ca 50 turns they lost 80% territory and their are surrounding by enemy .

- remove Kingdom of Aragon or Portugal ,it is too many nations at Iberian Peninsula and they fight also each other.

Some other suggestions to all campaing map.

- made Sahara and Arabian Peninsula regions unable to build roads but able to conquer.Reduce armies movement to minimum if is possible.
    Last edited by Ponti; August 30, 2009 at 07:55 AM.
    I didn't know that there are so many idiots, until I began using Internet. -Stanislaw Lem