Page 15 of 83 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Yes Magyar Mod and Lithuania mod patch are planned to add. If Broken Crescent are giving out their units, that would be great
    That would be flippin' awesome!

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Also AWellesley is redoint the Crusaders roster in 1100. And maybe it's just worth getting Georgia from Bellum Crucis.
    Last edited by Asparagus; August 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a manpower/population cost back to units like in RTW. If you don't want to consider it, though I think it would be more realistic, could you tell me if it's possible to do? I might try it myself.
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    "I came, I saw, I conquered"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by RomanGuy View Post
    I was wondering if it would be possible to add a manpower/population cost back to units like in RTW. If you don't want to consider it, though I think it would be more realistic, could you tell me if it's possible to do? I might try it myself.
    It is possible but it requires a decent block of scripting. If you want to give it a shot, look in the Mod Workshop section of the forums. I think someone has posted how to do it there.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanGuy View Post
    BGR has a mechanism for limiting total units recruitable.

This is not really a content suggestion but about the way the campaign AI /textfile switch is currently handled.
    I'd like to pitch the idea to have a seperate installer that handles what we now do by hand with copy / pasting the data_campaign_ai folders or textfiles.
    Like the 6.1 patch is "foldered" this one would have several options like restoring "default settings" and the different subtypes and could be made accessable by a desktop shortcut
    Maybe thats overcomplicating things again but thats why I'm putting this here

well, what about inlcude "loyalist revolts" like in MTW, although the resurging faction were destroyed formerly??...Or civil wars when the leader autorithy would be very low...though for this is necesary another free faction slot and all are taken ....

Another suggest: change the elephants colour, making them darker...Are supposed to be Asian elephants, rigth? I really don´t know if there are elephants available in north africa too, anyway if there are free unit slots, could be 2 models for them, with different moral stats etc (i.e. Africans were bigger, stronger but less controlable animals...)

regards.
    Last edited by juanjeras; August 22, 2009 at 09:28 AM.

How about religion change script?

"Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?"Pope Julius III
    Want to add your own mercenaries? Read my Tutorial

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by juanjeras View Post
    well, what about inlcude "loyalist revolts" like in MTW, although the resurging faction were destroyed formerly??...Or civil wars when the leader autorithy would be very low...though for this is necesary another free faction slot and all are taken ....

Another suggest: change the elephants colour, making them darker...Are supposed to be Asian elephants, rigth? I really don´t know if there are elephants available in north africa too, anyway if there are free unit slots, could be 2 models for them, with different moral stats etc (i.e. Africans were bigger, stronger but less controlable animals...)

regards.
    I don't remember where I posted it, maybe this thread, but I too would like the idea of resurging factions.
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    "I came, I saw, I conquered"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by impspy View Post
    How about religion change script?
    I believe there is a problem with faction relationships or the AI coping with religion changes. Cant remember specifically but I know there's a reason why KK didn't include Lithuania's conversion in SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    I believe there is a problem with faction relationships or the AI coping with religion changes. Cant remember specifically but I know there's a reason why KK didn't include Lithuania's conversion in SS.
    You mean Lithuania can't change religions that's weird I never noticed.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

400 or 500 man units for Huge ...if is true that 500 is the hard limit for M2TW .

Actually its 250.

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

I'd heard that huge unit scale is responsible for ai armies getting stuck on or around walls. Anyone know if that's true? I'm going to start a campaign with large instead to see if it's better.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Quote Originally Posted by Byg View Post
    I'd heard that huge unit scale is responsible for ai armies getting stuck on or around walls. Anyone know if that's true? I'm going to start a campaign with large instead to see if it's better.
    I can't say that I've heard that but considering how hard it is for the player to place units on and around walls/buildings as it is, it wouldn't surprise me if it does turn out to be true.

Something better would be rise the 20 companies limit to 40 or 60 for better placement...but this probaly is hardcoded too.

Quote Originally Posted by betto View Post
    Something better would be rise the 20 companies limit to 40 or 60 for better placement...but this probaly is hardcoded too.
    It sure is sadly.

Probably laziness on my own part prompts this, but I'd really like to see a final, complete version update when PB is ready to put it out... not really keen on installing another 'interim' version, then reinstalling two months later... I'd rather wait six months and get the full thing, finalised and ready to roll.

Probably laziness on my own part prompts this, but I'd really like to see a final, complete version update when PB is ready to put it out... not really keen on installing another 'interim' version, then reinstalling two months later... I'd rather wait six months and get the full thing, finalised and ready to roll.
    Yeah, finalised, bugtested and everything. Online-support as well.

Well the current version has been up about 4 months and has been quite playable, it wasn't an 'interim' version. There is still content I plan to add, so if you want to wait for 'finished' version you'll be waiting a while