Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Any timetable for the release?

Its not a huge amount of work. At least a week though.

Units that will hopefully be added:

Viking Drengjar
    Viking Landsmenn
    Viking Huskarl (2H-axe)

Turkish Ghulam
    Tribal Infantry
    Miles
    Miles Pedites
    Norman Archers
    Norman Sergeants
    Squires
    Urban Militia
    Militia Sergeants
    Breton Light Cav
    Flemish Crossbowmen

There are just enough available slots to do this.
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 30, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

Hey PB, I did a little test with base farm levels. Nothing outstanding in there, just thought you might want to see the results I got. Will try again with settlement mechanics fiddled with.
    Last edited by Awellesley; November 26, 2009 at 01:40 PM.

These are the values in settlement_mechanics file I implemented for TATW:

<factor name="SOF_HEALTH">
    <pip_modifier value="1.0"/>
    <castle_modifier value="0.0"/>
    <city_modifier value="1.0"/>
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="25"/>
    </factor>
    -->
    <factor name="SPF_FARMING_LEVEL">
    <pip_modifier value="0.5"/>
    <castle_modifier value="0.5"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_FARMS_BUILT">
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="25"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_HEALTH">
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="25"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_BUILDINGS">
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_TAX_RATE_BONUS">
    <pip_modifier value="1.0"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_BUILDINGS_FUN">
    <pip_modifier value="0.25"/>
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="25"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_GOVERNORS_INFLUENCE">
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="10"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_TRADE">
    <pip_modifier value="0.125"/>
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="25"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_SQUALOUR">
    <pip_min value="0"/>
    <pip_max value="32"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_PLAGUE">
    <pip_modifier value="0.75"/>
    </factor>
    <factor name="SPF_TAX_RATE_PENALTY">
    <pip_modifier value="1.5"/>
    </factor>

Note many of the factors have been tuned down to reduce their influence on growth. However, in the EDB every settlement also has a population bonus depending on race and terrain the settlement is in, eg:

population_growth_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { human, } and hidden_resource arable
    population_growth_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { human, } and hidden_resource forest or hidden_resource mountains or hidden_resource desert
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { human, } and hidden_resource volcanic or hidden_resource mordor_mountains
    population_growth_bonus bonus 4 requires factions { desert_dweller, } and hidden_resource desert
    population_growth_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { desert_dweller, } and hidden_resource arable or hidden_resource volcanic
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { desert_dweller, } and hidden_resource forest or hidden_resource mountains or hidden_resource mordor_mountains
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { silvan_elves, } and hidden_resource forest
    population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { silvan_elves, } and hidden_resource arable

The base farming level in the regions file is set to 1 for a normal site, 2 for a good-quality site, and 3 for a prime settlement site, so the growth rate is dynamic depending on race, terrain, site quality and farming level etc.

Overall it works pretty well and requires some management between taxes and building new farms etc to get good growth. Not sure if any would be applicable in SS though.

Hi PB, I just have to say many thanks for your hard work!

Must have taken some time reading this entire thread... Anyway, what you propose for the next version seem like some really nice additions and changes to an already fantastic compilation!

Have you thought about some of the changes in caralampio's odds & ends too? For example, as for as I'm aware merchants do not get experience in SS 6.1, though I'm not sure of this still is the case in RR/RC (I'm waiting for the next release to try it for the first time but I'm sure it will be awesome!)

Right thanks I had forgotten about that mod, I'll check it out. The thing is, any change that is made needs to be implemented for all different BGR/non-BGR and all era file sets and mini-campaigns, so can be a lot of work.

Ah I understand, didn't have a clue about that. Well these changes are only minor so I can see they are perhaps not really worth the effort. I don't think the mod will be anything less enjoyable because of that

Thanks for the reply anyway and have a good time modding

The Ethnic Traits project has some interesting ideas like morale penalties for coming of age characters ("no way I'm following that kid into battle")
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...90#post5457590
    To bad its for RTW so not easily transferable

Also the AI seems to have problems maintaining its bloodlines because of adoption - might be solveable by giving a ai-specific trigger granting the faction bloodline to everybody on the family tree unless he already has one of the other bloodline traits (again, only for AI factions). Controversial as the leaders last name can still be lost but i wanted to put it out there - normally we'd never know even with weird 20 year old adopts 25 year old son situations.

Another thing is Kings and excommunications - as there already is a trait maybe we could combine this with a kill-off switch (5% probability of kings death or after 20~ turns of carrying this trait) to compensate for the AIs inability to reconcile with the pope like human players.
    So far I have never seen a faction come back and 20~ turns are enough time to do damage and still leave them at war with many factions

Keep up the good work and thanks for your efforts so far

Look at this:
    Revised Polish Roster

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    Look at this:
    Revised Polish Roster
    From that thread:
    Unfortunately I have bad news; as for now Silesian_Noble didnt allowed me to public about half of the units, but Ill try to change his mind. As for now most of these unit are for my personal use only, sorry guys.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Love NCAA football? Go here.

That will be in once I get permission - translation it is in already but I haven't yet asked permission Very nice dark look to the units.

Just added AWellesley's city size limits mod (thanks AW!), and am busy with Rusichi units. They are taking longer than I anticipated as not only do they need to be imported into the game graphically, but their stats converted to RC, and they then need to appear in a way that makes some sort of sense historically via RR. Also, all the different scripts and file sets (BGR/non-BGR/Early/Late/1370/1450) need to have them worked in, and that is 20+ scripts. Then will have a look at adding some Rusichi Russian units, though CC's BFTB Russian units are already excellent.

A good 1370 campaign is next goal after this next update, maybe with the Cuman faction replaced with one of the other Mongol hordes. The Rusichi units are fine as Timurid units as well, they are a fantastic resource.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

I have a minor suggestion

changing the "Genoa and Pisa" generals bodyguards horse livery from Milanese green to yellow like in the normal stainless steel. Just looks odd ^-^

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Maybe change the name of King's Men/Dismounted " back to English Knights/Dismounted " as that is their centerpiece cavalry and plus it just looks cool. just a small request if you can also, PB, I know you added the new English re-roster but have you put any reskins of England France or Scotland in?
    Last edited by XIIICaesar; July 14, 2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: add another question

If someone makes them I can put them in, because I have zero ability to skin anything myself. I think some of the Scottish skins are re-skins. Some of the English skins are from Ornamentum, and AWellesley's units.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

More a request for anyone scanning the boards than PB - someone really needs to get on to making a new model/skin for Catholic generals/monarchs. It's a downright eyesore seeing full plate generals and their bodyguard running around in 1100.

How about free upkeep bonus to any unit that's classified as peasant. So when they are garrisoned in the castles, they are basically still at home tending to the crops and livestock. Then increase their upkeep to represent the cost of sending the valuable source of labor into battle.

To a lesser extent, possibly give locals a free upkeep bonus, seeing as their would be defending their homelands. And maybe a higher upkeep so they are more like mercenaries fighting for foriegn lords.

how about an option to disable the rr aspect of the mod

i get frustrated waiting 10 turns to recruit one unit of dismounted knights

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    how about an option to disable the rr aspect of the mod

i get frustrated waiting 10 turns to recruit one unit of dismounted knights
    You could do it manually. But its going to take a lot of editing. Go into the EDB, and increase the replenishment rate for the units you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Actually Lancers are only recruitable by France

Fixed Cannon Tower dates for next update.

Have looked through this entire thread and collected a list of additions for the next update:

christian Lithuania and muslim mongols in the 1370 and later campaigns
    Remove east african units from moors roster and replace with recruitable west african units
    remove scots guard from Scottish roster
    inclusion of units from Ferrum Aeternum Units Packs v.02
    River Ports and Trade
    Improved Roads (maybe)
    orthodox priests mini mod
    faction crown mod
    updated CBUR unit icons
    Cathar Heresy
    Awellesley's For God and St George English roster re-work if permission is given

plus combat balance updates and new 'war bow' type (larger than a hunting or light short bow, smaller than a longbow).

Needless to say all this will take a little while.
    Again, Thanks for the hard work, very enjoyable mod.

Request: Buildable Forts/Castles/Towers. Different levels or sizes. The large stone forts should be expensive and take time. They are historical and were part of the culture of the time.

- Stone fort mod ?
    Today is a good day