Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

New English roster being worked on:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=271792

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    I've always thought them to be a bit odd too. But maybe instead of removing them, perhaps just change the text so it's educational but so the player knows it's not actually happening. Something along the lines of "In this year, the battle of Hattin was fought".
    I don't know, I'm against major battles, as they're concrete, specific events. Great people could conceivably exist in any territory regardless of controlling power. I've suggested a yearly historical scroll anyway, detailing goings on in the world ala Europa Barbarorum.

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

A suggestion for the English unit roster. I did a lil' research and found that the English never really used halberds - so why recruit Halberd Men at Arms? also - why can they recruit the Heavy Swordsmen (Armoured Swordsmen VANILLA) and the Foot Men at Arms? i don't see the historical authenticity of Heavy Swordsmen however i have read threw research though that Foot Men at Arms were used as well as the French but the English too - look up the Battle of Agincourt i belive with King Henry.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

English used halberds (and a variety of other staff and pole-arms) - in between using bills and pikes.

when pikes became more common halberds were used by sergeants.

The Yeomen of the Guard still have halberds - and their uniform and equipment is based on 16th century usage.

A suggestion: I dont know if this is easy to make or not and sorry if it was speaked before but I allways found stupid that some thousand of guys can travel during years acros the Mediterranean sea inside a single ship, a cog for exemple. Do you see the scene? When the big army of the king with their swords, plates and helmets, their horses and their suplies begin to board a little medieval ship?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by deadhero View Post
    A suggestion: I dont know if this is easy to make or not and sorry if it was speaked before but I allways found stupid that some thousand of guys can travel during years acros the Mediterranean sea inside a single ship, a cog for exemple. Do you see the scene? When the big army of the king with their swords, plates and helmets, their horses and their suplies begin to board a little medieval ship?
    Impossible to do. It has been discussed several times in the past.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    English used halberds (and a variety of other staff and pole-arms) - in between using bills and pikes.

when pikes became more common halberds were used by sergeants.

The Yeomen of the Guard still have halberds - and their uniform and equipment is based on 16th century usage.
    i stand correected on the halberds. but whwere is the authenticity of the Heavy Swordsmen unit - i don't even think it ever weven existed - why not just drop it and use men at arms solely?

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

i think alot of those late professional troops should be more faction spesific like less factions able to recruit lancers and so forth.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

@ XIIIC

heavy swords unit is no better or worse than any other weapon specific infantry unit in this time period.

in practice most medieval armies didn't line up with all swords in one place, pikes in another, pole-axes in another etc

later time period (mid15th century? depending on faction) is when you get more elaborate distinctions -

check the Burgundian formations of Charles the Bold and Swiss pike armies.
    (not that such distinctions helped Charles to win many victories!)

sadly we don't seem to have the ability to have mixed weapon units.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of The Great Unknown View Post
    i think alot of those late professional troops should be more faction spesific like less factions able to recruit lancers and so forth.
    1. That would take up a LOT of unit slots and there just aren't that many available. It's hard enough to find one or two as it is.
    2. Historically in that time period armies were becoming a lot more generic. That is why a lot of factions can recruit the same units in the late game.

how about adding the newest version of faction crown mod and for god and st george english unit roster

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

Can the Mongols be made pagan? I hate seeing them as Muslim because it just wasn't so...
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    "I came, I saw, I conquered"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

If I have time I will add Awellesley's new English roster (with his permission of course), and faction crown mod + pagan mongols.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Point Blank,

I feel that the availability of Cannon Towers should be delayed to later in the game. They currently become available after the Gunpowder event and certainly before the ability to recruit fire armed units. What do you feel?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    Point Blank,

I feel that the availability of Cannon Towers should be delayed to later in the game. They currently become available after the Gunpowder event and certainly before the ability to recruit fire armed units. What do you feel?
    Pointed this one out myself; I still think it's a tad strange seeing cannon towers in-game before gunpowder troops.

Also, can we see the ghost helms fix implemented?

the cannon towers can be fixed in the EDB by requiring a later event required than gunpowder discovered.

you can argue over exactly when and where they become available.

I'd still like to see a bombard tower level between ballista and cannon towers

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of The Great Unknown View Post
    Actually Lancers are only recruitable by France

Fixed Cannon Tower dates for next update.

Have looked through this entire thread and collected a list of additions for the next update:

christian Lithuania and muslim mongols in the 1370 and later campaigns
    Remove east african units from moors roster and replace with recruitable west african units
    remove scots guard from Scottish roster
    inclusion of units from Ferrum Aeternum Units Packs v.02
    River Ports and Trade
    Improved Roads (maybe)
    orthodox priests mini mod
    faction crown mod
    updated CBUR unit icons
    Cathar Heresy
    Awellesley's For God and St George English roster re-work if permission is given

plus combat balance updates and new 'war bow' type (larger than a hunting or light short bow, smaller than a longbow).

Needless to say all this will take a little while.
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 30, 2009 at 10:02 AM.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

PB,
    What is the verdict on including the Garrison Script?

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

If someone can come up with one, and it mostly uses militia-type units, and it doesn't slow the game too much, I'd be happy to include it.

Will also be including a loading screen compilation, and MTW1 music, which can be used alone or in combination with M2TW music