Page 6 of 83 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Stone forts should only be added in so long as the AI uses them and uses them intelligently.

I have seen the AI use forts in an intelligent manner in many instances on hard difficulty, Including blocking my advancement into their territories with forts in mountainous regions and around key access points like constantinople. When I play the game I like to take into account the difficulty and true expense of constructing such buildings. I limit the amount of forts I build to what I think would be historically accurate for the region( considering the size of the campaign map) and to not constrict path finding.
    Last edited by stevehoos; May 03, 2009 at 02:08 PM.

PB: Can you include your MTW music mod (if it's not already [sorry cant tell])
    Also, here ideas to free up some unit slots
    1. Combine Peasant Archers and Archer Militia/Levy Archers
    2.Remove Heavy Billmen and Heavy Bill Militia and just give Bill Militia and Billmen more armor upgrades
    And I think u could redo the Norse with a couple of units in that Ferrum aeturnum unit pack.
    Last edited by Asparagus; May 07, 2009 at 09:58 PM.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

I WANT MY IRELAND BACK!!!!!!!!

edit:

Could you make it so that gunpowder units are more powerful?
    Last edited by redbonefish; May 04, 2009 at 12:07 AM.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

posted this in SS main suggestions but following up an earlier post:

hidden resource "river_trade"

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

River ports
    --------------

One aspect of medieval trade that isn't well covered in the M2TW/Kingdoms/Stainless Steel series is river transport and trade.

I'd like to suggest:

Creation of hidden_resource : river_trade

And a new building: river_port

Thereby those places which are on rivers can have a river port.

Note:

1) River Port won't show on battle maps
    2) River Port has 1 (maybe 2) levels of building and is available from stone city walls only.
    3) River Port gives a trade and population bonus.
    4) River Port does not enable the building of ships.
    5) River Port can use the ordinary Port symbol in the building browser - suitably amended if we prefer (and if anyone can be bothered.)

Suggest the following places have the hidden resource river_trade:

Lyon (Rhone / Saone)
    Paris (Seine) (at least until the map is redrawn to give it a port at Le Havre)
    Angers (Maine/Loire) (at least until the map is redrawn to give it a port at Nantes)

Bucharest (trib to Danube)
    Budapest / Esztergom (Danube)
    Belgrade (Danube / Sava)
    Vienna (Danube)

Nurnburg (Pegnitz)

Basle (Rhein)
    Frankfort (Rhein)
    Koln (Rhein)
    Metz (Moselle, trib of Rhein) (make town)

Warsaw (Vistula)
    Cracow (Vistula)
    Plock (Vistula)

Kazan (Volga)
    Bulgar (Volga)
    Yaroslavl (Volga)

Baghdad (Tigris)

Prague (Vltava, tributary of Elbe)

Breslau / Wroclaw (Oder)

Magdeburg (Elbe) (make town)

Skopia (Vardar)

Zagreb (Sava)
    ---------------------------------------

and some map changes, some of which would need map redraws:

Other Map changes:

Redraw Jerusalem to remove port access to Med.
    Redraw Paris region to give port at le Havre (move port for Caen to Cherbourg?)
    Redraw Angers region to give it a port at Nantes

Remove Khlynov and Yelabuga as utterly insignificant in the medieval period and add to Kazan region)

Remove Silves - extend Lisbon region to include part of it, use eastern part for Sevilla.

Add Sevilla on Guadalquivir with port at Cadiz
    Remove sea port from Cordoba (Guadalquivir) but give it a river port

Add Sarajevo in Bosnia

Reinstate Timbuktu (with river port.)

Replace Stauffen with Strasburg

Replace Bern with Basle

Rename Caesarea, Kayseri

and whilst I'm about it

Improved_roads hidden resource:
    (with some suggestions for changing castles to towns for good measure.)

Improved Roads
    ----------------------

Generally speaking the medieval / early modern period was not one of major road building. Much of the the trade was done by sea and river transport. Few countries had the resources or political power to build networks of roads. The only reference I have found so far mentions that there was some new road building in Lombardy (northen Italy) by the various city states in this period. Any prospect of Roman Empire style "highways" can be discounted totally.

Indeed some terrain would have made anything more than basic dirt tracks impossible given existing technology and manpower resources.

However we would like to give some sort of trade and population bonus to the most important cities of the time and allowing paved roads in the region occupied by capital and other very important cities is one way of doing this.
    To keep matters simple at this stage I'd like to propose that the default option will be that ONLY dirt roads be buildable in all regions with the exceptions, where paved-roads can be built.

I'd like to restrict paved roads to large and huge cities only. The y should give both trade and population bonuses.

The simplest way of doing this is to have a hidden resource "Improved Roads" for the following regions:

London
    Paris
    Toulouse
    Cordoba
    Granada
    Toledo
    Valencia
    Barcelona
    Sevilla (if implemented)
    Fez
    Marrakesh
    Tunis
    Cairo
    Alexandria
    Damietta
    Jerusalem
    Mecca
    Baghdad
    Mosul
    Basra
    Tabriz
    Shiraz
    Urgench
    Khiva
    Constantinople
    Venice
    Genoa
    Naples
    Rome
    Milan
    Bologna
    Palermo
    Frankfurt
    Nuremburg
    Koln
    Magdeburg
    Prague
    Vienna
    Bruges
    Antwerp

-------------------------------------------------------------

It may be worth considering changing some of the above settlements from castles to towns viz:

Toulouse
    Granada
    Toldeo
    Valencia
    Tunis
    Damietta
    Mosul
    Palermo
    Magdeburg
    Antwerp

Last edited by Gorrrrrn; May 04, 2009 at 08:13 AM.

Hello, maybe it is a little off topic here, but I would like to see RR/RC combined with the Expanded Americas Mod.
    Should be very funny to add a campaign like this starting from about middle 1300. The EA Mod has a lot of potential IMHO, imported to SS with RR/RC could be really awesome.

If pssible some more proffesional troops availible in the AOR system

Sorry if this has been asked before but is there going to be an option for 2 years per turn? The generals age at 2YPT as it is. Thanks!

I susepct there won't be another try at 2TPY until this sub-mod stabilises.

Tsarsies has posted as much in his thread.

nopasties's Avatar Campidoctor

add some bonuses to the St Mark's Basillica to depict Venice's naval power, I added the effect of the admirality building to my own and works with no problems

I doubled the bonuses for the Great Aqueduct in Constantinople and the city was able to support a million people, not that it matters but saying there could be real work done to give accurate population levels instead of the usual population growth. Other issues come into play of course as Constantinople was able to gross 20000+ a turn and that would lead to real balance issues but someone more clever than me could work something out

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Ok, I have a suggestion: Please re-add the Order of the Knights Templar! You can still keep the Crusader States, but the Order of the Knights Templar are never feautured in any other mod, which makes this mod a little more special. The Order was also a great faction, extremely wealthy and a powerful one, but surely you know this already. Please re-add, and keep the Crusader States also. Couldnt the Order get Tortosa, or Acre maybe?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Hi PB. Remember when I was banging on about cities and castles becoming the same thing in the main RR/RC thread? Well I'm just pointing that this is kind of how it works in TATW. In TATW, (for the race I've played anyway) castle or city does not affect what you can build, it just dictates the size of your walls. Obviously it would be nice if you had the choice etc, whereas you don't in TATW.
    A settlement is military or civilian by virtue of what you choose to build there, and I quite like that.

Cheers

Soz guys but OKT and Ireland aren't coming back in this version of the game.

Ireland (or a selection of irish factions) would be great in a british isles mod.

OKT would be great in a middle east mod.

But the scope of SS is too big for little factions.

more options as cities: trade city, learning city, troop city
    trade city: for more money but less troops too build and skill your merchant
    troop city: more militias too create but less room for eco
    learning city: to teach your generals adminstative skills and skill your diplomat

this way you need to think about what city you want
    losing eco town hurts alot in your money pocket, having only eco towns wont allow you tougher militias

Castle should have racing track or something to teach Military generals Cavalry command instead of going into a city and get treasurer ancillery

islamic princesse are kinda useless if you want a pure line, either make them available to walk with (only royal ofc)or let them fade out after 25-30 years.
    Kwarezmian!

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Aranu View Post
    learning city: to teach your generals adminstative skills and skill your diplomat
    Only if the AI can do it too. Or only so long as the AI isn't restricted or penalised by this system if it can't use it.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

yes CC is right I should have said that, AI must not be restricted ofcourse
    Kwarezmian!

A new Campaign map

Quote Originally Posted by Aranu View Post

this way you need to think about what city you want
    losing eco town hurts alot in your money pocket, having only eco towns wont allow you tougher militias

Castle should have racing track or something to teach Military generals Cavalry command instead of going into a city and get treasurer ancillery

islamic princesse are kinda useless if you want a pure line, either make them available to walk with (only royal ofc)or let them fade out after 25-30 years.
    Some good ideas, as you guys have said making the AI use it is the trick.

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

What i'd like is to be able to recruit governors in cities, Roma surrectum had this and it's adds more fun managing cities, economy. This way you have a governor in every city/town just like you should have. A governor works like a general except he's not in royal family and his bodyguards doesn't replenish after fights. I don't know about castles wether they should be recruitable there or not, but if they were they should gain military traits not economic traits. And they should be quite expensive to recruit to, 1000+ denari for a measly 30 units or so.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Souka View Post
    What i'd like is to be able to recruit governors in cities, Roma surrectum had this and it's adds more fun managing cities, economy. This way you have a governor in every city/town just like you should have. A governor works like a general except he's not in royal family and his bodyguards doesn't replenish after fights. I don't know about castles wether they should be recruitable there or not, but if they were they should gain military traits not economic traits. And they should be quite expensive to recruit to, 1000+ denari for a measly 30 units or so.
    Maybe even give them no movement points so they can't move out of their city...or maybe that would be too annoying

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Souka View Post
    This is a really good idea, I really feel that Generals should be leading your miltiary forces in the field and it really annoys me that I have to sometime leave a General in a city, just to keep the income level up. I agree that the recruitment cost should be high enough

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)