Hey all, screaming out into the void here praying for answers....
I love RR/RC 2.0. And I'm playing it again here in 2024. And I got to turn 260 (1479), hit end turn, watch the AI go, and then experience a heart-breaking crash at the start of turn 261. Nothing I can do fixes it. Deleting the spanish inquisition (NOBODY expected it!) in descr_events doesn't do it. Killing all the heretics doesn't do it. Nothing.
So I give up on that campaign and start a new one.

And the exact same crash happens right at the end of the rebels turn as turn 261 is about to start.

I've again gone back into descr_events and deleted the spanish_inquisition event. That's the most likely culprit. But it doesn't seem to work on my save. Is this because it's an existing save that was started with that descr_events file? Do I have to start a new game?
I'm willing to, but it's turn 261.I really don't want to start a new campaign only to have the same crash happen at the same point.
My favourite part of the game is the late game, playing with pikes and muskets and cannons mixed with knights and heavy infantry. I want to get there and enjoy it. So if anyone can help me to either resurrect my existing saves or start a new one that will actually work, I would be eternally grateful.