Page 10 of 83 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Good idea. Need a historic events scroll to educate people on these heresies too. I forgot about the Lollards, Rozanov, thanks for the reminder. Wasn't there an event for that in the original? Along with an event for John Ball?

How about this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=160244.
    And maybe an anti-Pope script.
    Last edited by Asparagus; June 03, 2009 at 05:37 PM.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

nopasties's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    And maybe Hussites in Bohemia, Lollards in England, etc etc.

Perhaps if religion gets to be 60% heretic, that generates a peasant uprising with three or four peasant armies?

I don't remember the Hussites but some quick reading I did apparently some of the anti-papal aspects in the movement were an inspiration for people like Martin Luther and the protestants. The anti-clerical characteristics of the Lollarsds could be used also. It would be interesting(complex) but interesting if this could be the start of a larger protestant begining around the historical time. The RR/Rc are doing work on later periods. If the guys want to continue with a later age development on the 1370/1450 campaigns having an emergent protestant religion including the option for certain factions to convert or not would be awesome for the historical minded modders.

Also apparently there was some remnants of the Bogomils into the 1200's.

If you guys consider actually including some of these heresy movements it would be a cool thing to add some religious order buildings to increase catholic priest stats such as piety.

Could have some event which trigger the ability to create Benedictine, Dominican, Cistercian, Fransiscan monastaries?

To expand on what I said in last post, the Hussites and Lollards were obviously not Lutherans but the theological disputes and anti-clerical attitude did help to bring about the protestant reformation. So If there was to be a scipt which spawned a # of heretics and if the heretic level were to reach like 40-60% maybe that would trigger the command(forget what it is right now) but would set the religion level to include a new religion of Lutheranism. The set heretic religion level would be the new set religion level of Lutheranism. This would then trigger a question for the player to choose to convert to Lutheranism or not. For the AI faction there would be a certain % chance of conversin or not.

This is alot of work to implement right but I think it would add some interesting diplomatic changes in a 1370/1450 campaign. So it dependshow much work you guys are willing to put in the next series of updates but this would sure add some cool challenges

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

I suspect a whole new religion might be asking a bit much at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    I suspect a whole new religion might be asking a bit much at this stage.

I understand, the idea came to me and so I posted it. If future SS RR/RC releases do alot of development during the 1400-1600's this would be a viable way to incorporate a huge historical movement=protestant reformation. As I'm sure you picked up the Hussites and Lollards weren't a heresy like the Cathars and Bogomils. The proselytizing done by these heresies created a sympathetic audience for people like Luther.

Just some ideas

Chivalric Orders

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Could add some trait or ancillary such the chivalric orders. Not sure if anyone knows much about them but the Order of the Garter. Apparently from my limited reading it was a mostly West European invention that was created due to changing technologies and army composition and centers of power that did not need the noble's as much. The feudal system was starting to fray in some places but to control knghts these Chivalric Orders were created as a sort of social reinforcement or something. Like I said my reading on this limited but my reading was enough to get my attention.

Found some websites. If anyone wants a decent summary of how chivalric orders are tied to late 14th and 15th century life check this out
    http://www.chronique.com/Library/Chivalry/contemp.htm the conections to the internet and such aren't but the beginning is decent

This is supposed to be the best book on this lesser known part of late medieval society. The author is some world expert on heraldry
    http://books.google.com/books?id=Pv1RUpw5ss4C&pg=PA397&lpg=PA397&dq=Chapters+of+the+statutes+of+the+Order+of+the+Ermine&source=bl&ots=2o4RVeeFSp&sig=PFKVXGdnQ8ZMwknkQG_ZfJFk5lA&hl=en&ei=kgEqStD_GJPKtgeDiLm9CA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2#PPA395,M1

I can check out this book at a local college if anyone thinks this is worth incorporating in some mod.

This description is alright and makes claim that the "Order of the Round Table" was the first chivalric order http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/br...ch/000959.html

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZzA...#PRA2-PA183,M1

e-mail correspondence with some modern order of chivalry person
    http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/br...ch/000959.html

Order of the Golden Band{Spanish} started in 1332 http://www.historiaviva.org/nombres/vanda-ing.shtml

Add the sword brothers as an early rebel force

Entered Livonia in 1202, a few decades ahead of the Teutonic's but had relatively no allegiance or alliance to anyone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livonia...s_of_the_Sword

Add the cult of the Virgin Mary as a trait to princesses

make it so they increase their husbands piety but decrease fertility http://books.google.com/books?id=tz1...virgin+mary&lr=

Sword of Charlemagne

not sure how to incorporate this but this sword has been used in every French royal coronation up until Napoleon I believe http://books.google.com/books?id=4rm...m=10#PPA231,M1

Icon of St Demetrios

http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/byz.../byzim_12.html
    Last edited by nopasties; June 07, 2009 at 10:56 PM.

didn't know if you were aware of this script from grneyeddvl http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nterest&page=2

it does bring up some other possibilities like the early sources of credit were often churches and monasteries, some areas had jewish creditors especially fro the first few crusades because of multiple reasons the jewish merchants/bankers had movable cash like gold coins vs other wealthy individuals had non-movable assets, the military orders were a slightly later source of credit and of course the Italian merchants were an early source of credit

there could be more things added to his script like if the borrower goes into debt then there would be some sort of inflation and loss of authority of increased rebellion along the lines of excommunication or if the borrower used a jewish merchant branch there could be scripts like increased unrest or 1 turn of turmoil along the lines of what happenend historically, ex when the English(Edward I) couldn't pay jewish creditors they simply kicked them out of the country

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

What about the Faction Crown mod?
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    "I came, I saw, I conquered"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

Take more units from Lithuania mod, they look awesome, new Poland is now in process.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanGuy View Post
    What about the Faction Crown mod?
    It's already being included in the next version.

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

Ok, then how about the Abbasid Caliphate mod? I completely support adding it because the Middle East desperately needs balanced out as the factions there become huge and too powerful. Historically the region was much more splintered.
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

Ok, then how about the Abbasid Caliphate mod? I completely support adding it because the Middle East desperately needs balanced out as the factions there become huge and too powerful. Historically the region was much more splintered.
    Yeah I like the idea of the mod, but I don't think the mod includes new skins does it?
    Last edited by Asparagus; June 13, 2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Because I felt like it lol

No room for new factions, all slots are allocated.

RomanGuy's Avatar Tiro

Well, I was thinking it might be worth it to replace the Timurids with the Abbasids, if their faction becomes more developed. Just something to consider.
    "Veni, vidi, vici"
    -Gaius Julius Caesar

Campidoctor

The most important thing for me would be 2 turns per year, along with everything that would go with it as far as balance issues with costs, recruitment, buildings, etc.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland View Post
    The most important thing for me would be 2 turns per year, along with everything that would go with it as far as balance issues with costs, recruitment, buildings, etc.
    Agreed. I too would replace the Timurids with the Abbasids, especially in an early era campaign. Could you not just have a load of rebel stacks to represent Timur?

Also, I'd like a more historically accurate strat. map with new provinces and stuff, please.

a simple request, the royalty/bloodline traits, you know, the "wife is xxx" and "related to xxx" traits

i mean

the traits in the red box, didnt even notice in my 6.2 campaign that my prince/ss marriages didnt get em traits

on that same note, the crusader states do not have a bloodline
    Last edited by luciferleigh; June 18, 2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: etc

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Abbasids would be difficult to implement, gameplay-wise because there is a unit limit; hence why it was decided to add the Timurids in - they only need a couple of unique units as they share the majority of theirs with the Mongols. The Georgians should be addressing your needs.

Suggestion: remove the Battle of Hattin historical event - there really shouldn't be any battles as historical events, as these battles may not necessarily have been fought in the player's game.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostiko View Post
    Suggestion: remove the Battle of Hattin historical event - there really shouldn't be any battles as historical events, as these battles may not necessarily have been fought in the player's game.
    I've always thought them to be a bit odd too. But maybe instead of removing them, perhaps just change the text so it's educational but so the player knows it's not actually happening. Something along the lines of "In this year, the battle of Hattin was fought".

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team