Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

@PB, i think your dell is done.
    Next time lock him as a hostage till you get a working replacement

@Lord brand, did you use the latest Savage Campaign AI with the latest ReallyBadAI (germanicu'5)?
    Right now it acts the best as it can be.
    Unless Lusted, Xeryx and Germanicu5 will sit together for a brainstorm, i do not think the AI will make our lives any harder. Well, pay-off to CA developers counts as well

Basically RRRC now concludes a lot of good submods.
    What should be included is the visual submods (blood, burning men, skymod, grassmod, smooth terrain)
    The stone forts (since it's verrrry hard to implement new ones) and each and every mod that can add a new depth or change to the campaign (I.e BGR, supply system, RR, RC, crown faction etc).

One thing that could be defined as a "fantasy" is a mod that vasts 1500 years, starting with older mythical factions like sparta, rome, troy etc. Ofcourse, you must trigger some events in the right dates to wage war against them and try to bring them down (not MUST, it could be fun to see them survive), so that should make that "total package" really really uniqe and long.
    Just think about playing sparta and unite troy, acadia and the rest of greece to one great host. Or fight them with Rome

@PB, tell me, is it possible to to edit the starting diplomacy and make the basic campaign similar to playing kingdoms addon campaigns (I.e britania, teutonic etc)?

Well you can edit the starting relations between factions.

Faramir D'Andunie's Avatar Domesticus

There has been such great work on this project, it is to be admired that you still seek for ways to improve it.

The only thing I really would like to see in would be having the ability to build forts again. While stone forts would be ideal, even the old wooden ones would be fine.
    Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they are in good company.

Hmm, sone forts really seem to be in demand. Can they be made non-permanent, ie only last a turn or 2?

Looks like I'll be a bit busy working with Mithrandir and others on TATW stats/combat system also.

you work with them?
    Good luck and a good addition!

IndianaJoe's Avatar Miles

How about a more historical Norwegian roster?

instead of ahistorical units like sami axemen, norse archers axemen and swordsmen, and knights, you could do an infantry based faction with storng levie units.

oh, and replace Templars with Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Remove canons of holy sepulchre from roster.

One word: No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It would make it nearly impossible to survive as the Crusader States in early campaign.
    Btw you should add this in your next release: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=161829
    and this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=161574
    Edit: BTW PB i dont think you need to add the Rusichi units CC's already doing that in BftB 2.0, but some new cuman units from that mod would be great. Also, I agree with taking out peasants you might be able to add Rhodes Palace Guards by doing that.
    Last edited by Asparagus; April 29, 2009 at 09:16 PM.

Love NCAA football? Go here.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

I'd say spawning custom battles (for now the existing ones) as events during the campaign would be cool (Pavia etc). I can take care of that next week if needed.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

That would be great.

Before my laptop died again I had time to put the Knights of St Lazarus in to replace Knights of Antioch. They are a beautiful model, Lord_Calidor did a fantastic job with them. Fixed some guild code too.

Your latest AI is excellent by the way. Great flanking by the AI.
    Last edited by Point Blank; April 29, 2009 at 06:26 PM.

Faramir D'Andunie's Avatar Domesticus

Can the said AI files be simply copy/pasted into the already existing data files of the mod without any issues?
    Any community that gets its laughs by pretending to be idiots will eventually be flooded by actual idiots who mistakenly believe that they are in good company.

I would say get rid of peasants. I don't think I've seen the Ai use them, I certainly don't. Even as a policing force its better to have units of Knights (or equilavent for Orthodox, Pagan and Islamic factions) using the free upkeep, ready to leap out of the castle in defence of the realm. Who uses peasants? I do in my fields and to wash the royal toe sweat out but thats it (and they should feel privileged for being able to get close to my royal personage, but I wouldn't let them touch me directly, grubby peasants ).

Free up one level of the castle roster to add a second useful infantry unit in the early days of the 1100 campaign. Maybe a generic primative sword (cludgel?) type unit, weaker than the highlanders and vikings. I do recognise its a fine line between improving the game and putting stuff in for the sake of having more.

I'd say get rid of alot of the irish units, keep a few notable ones to fight against as rebels and to hire as mercs, and use these slots to either boost the remaining factions or increase merc diversity. Rebels die off pretty quickly vs the player so we don't need unit slots taken up by "seen once per game and only if I play as Scotland or England" units.

Its a great mod, I'm enjoying it greatly.

I'm in favour of forts making a comeback. I really miss being able to fortify choke points. I'd like permanent stone forts, but anything would do. As for garrison script, I'm in favour of that also. If a city is only garrisoned by a general, I'd like to see a couple of militia archers/xbows and a couple of spearmen pop up. It would slow down some of the blitzing that goes on, and be a bit more realistic. It should only apply to cities though, not castles, as castles should be fair game if not garrisoned.

ninja51's Avatar Biarchus

Putting back in the Stone Forts mod would be really ausome. Also a couple of stabability fixes would be much appreciated by everyone I think.

A garrison script would be good, as long as its not insane. I remember playing one of the DLV releases and sieging a rebel town in turn one to see they had dismounted feudal knights! Spear Militia is not going to triumph over that in a hurry, and the town had roughly 12-14 units defending so a large army would need to be assembled to have a chance of winning. I have heard too that garrison scripts can be a major cause of slowdown.....

Forts sound good, especially if the Ai use them well and they are not permanent so the map is not cluttered with forts everywhere.

Reading my post above about removing peasants, it may not work so I'd suggest reskinning them instead so they are the best looking unit in the game, it may encourage the Ai and myself to use them more

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

@PB
    You're spoiling me... thx.
    Forts can be auto-destroyed when empty.
    @Faramir D'Andunie
    Yes they can, only this section needs to be adjusted to reflect your mod settings:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    <combat-balancing>
    <missile-target-accuracy>
    <infantry>1.0</infantry>
    <cavalry>1.5</cavalry>
    <elephants>0.75</elephants>
    </missile-target-accuracy>
    <melee-hit-rate>2.00</melee-hit-rate>
    </combat-balancing>

Check my signature for the thread link etc plz, some more info/discussion there.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; April 29, 2009 at 08:22 PM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Peasants -remove except for slave faction.

re Canons of H.S. - they were never a military unit. If you're having problems with crusader states perhaps we need to increase the availability of merc crusader knights, (incl dismounted ones) in the Jerusalem, Antioch and Edessa areas. (only for Crusader States and crusading armies)

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Peasants -remove except for slave faction.
    Why keep them for the slave faction? The rebel's are easy enough, keeping peasants for the sake of history will just make them more easy.

Is the battle for the baltic v2.0 going to be included? (when complete)
    member of S.I.N.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Point Blank,

As far as Garrison Script, my thoughts that the units should be miltias only, no top end units and certainly no cavarly. I guess its the type of settlement. e.g village, small town, etc that drives, how many units are created. I feel should be an equal mix of infantry/missile units, certainly peasants should not be created as a Garrison force.

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

NJ - garrison scripts - militia for towns would include militia cavalry ? would make sense to have these.
    would also make sense to have proper castle units for castles (what I would suggest as as these are emergency recruitment they'd be unupgraded 0 XP units)
    (whereas militia would be already trained - we are replicating a "call-to-arms" of the populace there.)
    If we can stick to units that are currently available from barracks etc that would also make sense but also would help the AI as it could then replenish the units if they survive the siege.
    If you give towns castle units and vice versa they'll not be able to bring them back up to strength and the AI doesn't appear to move units from one type of settlement to the other to do so.

peasants -for those who insist they have a unit or two for labour intensive tasks on the battlefield and for rebel uprisings.