Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3257727374757677787980818283 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1642

Thread: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

Default Re: Suggestions for new content for RR/RC?

In the other thread.

How about instead of spearmen getting a blanket mount_effect +4, Peasant Militia-quality spearmen get +1, Militia get +2, Average get +3 and Superior and above get +4? Cavalry shouldn't fall down instantly just because some levies pointed their spears at them and said "bang!".

IF cavalry actually fell did that might make sense but lower tier already have quite hard time bringing down cavalry with much armor it seems probably shouldn't be changed.

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

From a more realistic POV , I think we should consider cancel spear bonus to mount but give them a bit higher base attack, for the most part the idea that a one handed spear was somehow going to give you much of an advantage relative to other one handed weapon against cavalry is pretty silly IMHO.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

I do think the brace bonus may be worth it but if remove then size of spears might better change if raise base defense or all other units become much weaker.

Shouldn't lower tier spearmen have a tough time bringing down armoured cavalry?

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Shouldn't lower tier spearmen have a tough time bringing down armoured cavalry?
    pretty much anyone who wasn't wielding either

A. a super heavy bow or preferably crossbow.

B. pole arm or 2h axe or some sort

c. gun

would have a very tough time bringing own armored cavalry.

the only real advantage for 1h spearmen agiainst horse is probably defense, the pointy spear at least offer horses a bit more distraction / deterrence without exposing yourself. though that was kinda true against infantry too. most sword / axe wiedling guys would have fought in much looser formation (but usually better armored and/or have javelin.)
    Last edited by RollingWave; February 19, 2013 at 12:33 AM.
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

What do you think of the formations in BC? Are they too loose, or about right?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    What do you think of the formations in BC? Are they too loose, or about right?
    Most are about right though I think a few are too loose.

Can you be more specific? Name names.

PB, have you seen these units? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...olished+poland

They're free to use, too.

I have said this in another thread, but I guess I can write this here too, if the distance is less then 15 meters, even an early handgonne volley will disable half of any battalion, Imperial guards or Peasants. However at 100 meters there would be minimal to no damage if the armour is the finest, even with the best musket volley. So if someone can code it specifically like that, it would be great. Is there actually a ratio of distance/damage script in M2tw?

Here are some great units that can be incorporated, and they're available for use too: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Overhaul-v3-0

I'd like to suggest a new formula for calculating Heat for cavalry.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    {(rider's heats ÷ 1.5)(since he doesn't need to walk by himself) + (mount's heats + rider's mass x 10 ÷ 3)} ÷ 2 = average:cavalry heat (because M2 engine doesn't calculate separate Heat for the rider and the mount)
    Last edited by Dolen; February 15, 2017 at 03:17 AM.

Have you considered using a different province map?

The Titanium one seems superb;

I'm guessing it would require substantial re-working of the descr_strat etc, but yes sure if its better I am keen

IMO the Titanium province border map is the best one

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    Have you considered using a different province map?

The Titanium one seems superb;

please if you can and have time getting Titanium Map +KER +Viva la rebellion all together is a priority for my Role-play campaign, if you see it right do it, other wise i could make a submod to implement the latter two.
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

KER is already included as an optional submod as is DEYY Real Rebellion. Will look at Viva la Rebellion and if it seems worthwhile will add it in tonight.
    Last edited by Point Blank; October 21, 2018 at 07:36 AM.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    KER is already included as an optional submod as is DEYY Real Rebellion. Will look at Viva la Rebellion and if it seems worthwhile will add it in tonight.
    of course it is worthwhile but take care it can mess up with some events and scripts, but i am Sure you can handle it
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate