Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Trees vs. Fire? Hmmyes, I wonder who won
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Screenshots

Battle at Minas Tirith (Hared vs Gondor)
    First time playing Third Age as the Harad, I finally made my way to Minas Tirith after a longtime war with Gondor.

I killed a huge army just outside the city just a few turns before this attack. The city after this battle was totally empty so i waited a few turns. They now had a small army....I clearly outnumbered them. But I know that Minas Tirith is extremely huge and i didnt know what surprises would await me. I decided to attack them now with my First army (including the faction leader, most up to date units and a 2nd high general in command.

The attack begins

Rolling in the towers!

Fighting some Gondor Spearmen on the wall after the tower reached the wall. Basic Gondor infantry, but tough nonetheless.

The battle at the front gate didn't last long. The Gondor units retreated quite swiftly.

In hot pursuit!!

Round 2! The next defence was in front of a tunnel. My Southron Warband attacked the army of Gondor. I also send in the cavalry to surround them.

Round 2 was already a bit tougher, the Gondor army held their grounds a bit longer. But in the end they fled through the tunnel. To my surprise, I saw two Trebuchets!!! I wasn't sure what they could do in such short range......but i will learn soon

My army rampaging through the tunnel, eager for victory!!

OMG! Smart defence!! Those Trebuchets caused much trouble in the end!! They nearly annihilated half of my army with those little but highly explosive comets!!

The city has a a really great view!! Especially if you go to the top! Great work on the model, team Third Age! Uhhm....yes...back to battle, right?

Fighting the last of the Gondor army.

In the end it was a surprising battle. Even though Gondor was clearly outnumbered, I didnt expect those Trebuchets there and it nearly killed and panicked my army. And it was a battle with heavy losses on both sides. I actually lost my faction leader (who was an impressive general...even at an age of 83. I also lost the second general in command who was great aswell. But on the other hand, I got Minas Tirith now. A very fun battle, and the city is really amazing......fantastic work!

Bridge Battle
    A fun bridge battle just a few turns after the battle of Minas Tirith. A basic Harad army defended a bridge just east of the Gondor capital to block any incoming rescue army of Gondor which tried to save Minas Tirith. Anyone who played total war games knows how much fun a bridge battle can be. Its a mass slaughter fest!!!!
    So was this.....

My Harad army mainly consisted of basic Spearmen (about 8 units i believe). I also had 5 units of archers setup on the sides of the bridge. Firing volleys of arrows in the incoming Gondor army. Epic sight to see all those arrows.

The Gondor army clearly outmatched mine. It mainly consisted of infantry units which outclasses Harad infantry in strength.

So I tried to do a "Thermopylae" trick at the bridge. So my spearmen in defend modus and stacked behind each other. I knew I was going to lose....but my goal was to take as many Gondor units as possible. Their army was gigantic and the army which conquered Minas Tirith wouldnt be able to fight this army since the heavy losses at their last battle. I would lose Minas Tirith I think.

It was constantly raining arrows! Gondor had some archer militia and Ithilien Rangers on the other side of the river. Very epic to see, but hurtin' for my noble and fearless spearmen.

'Our arrows will blot out the sun'
    'Then we will fight in the shade'

Fun to see my spearmen standing so well organised....and the army of Gondor just trying to push and to push. Bastards are strong too!

Yes, Gondor actually pushed through my men. Tough maniacs! So I send in my cavalry unit (3 generals, heavy cavalry) to bash em back! Desperate times!

The army of Gondor are almost at the end of the bridge. Its getting dangerous now. Arrows still flying in, lol!

Overview shot of the battle. You can clearly see that Gondor is getting the upper hand here. Actually quicker then I expected.....Damnit!

I wonder how much friendly kills those rangers of Gondor had. So much arrows flying in....they kept firing during the entire battle.

In the heat of the battle. Everybody was fighting till the last man!

Those bald headed fella's! They were menacing! Lossernach elite of Gondor capital if im not mistaken in their name. Actually first time I saw them in action. And how.....they ripped through my units.

Dust and bones....that was left after this awesome bridge battle! I retreated my last units....the fight was over. I wasnt too sure here if i did what i had do to archieve my goal. But statistics will show in the end

Last units retreating

Well, I am quite satisfied! I knew I was gonna lose this fight....but I took more then half of their army. Enough to stop them from taking back Minas Tirith.

Thx for reading and watching! I hope you enjoyed the little battle stories and pics.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Nice screenies!

I like to see screenshots with some story in there

Love it XD

Quote Originally Posted by rogergargantua View Post
    Battle at Minas Tirith (Hared vs Gondor)

First time playing Third Age as the Harad, I finally made my way to Minas Tirith after a longtime war with Gondor.

I killed a huge army just outside the city just a few turns before this attack. The city after this battle was totally empty so i waited a few turns. They now had a small army....I clearly outnumbered them. But I know that Minas Tirith is extremely huge and i didnt know what surprises would await me. I decided to attack them now with my First army (including the faction leader, most up to date units and a 2nd high general in command.

The attack begins

Rolling in the towers!

Fighting some Gondor Spearmen on the wall after the tower reached the wall. Basic Gondor infantry, but tough nonetheless.

The battle at the front gate didn't last long. The Gondor units retreated quite swiftly.

In hot pursuit!!

Round 2! The next defence was in front of a tunnel. My Southron Warband attacked the army of Gondor. I also send in the cavalry to surround them.

Round 2 was already a bit tougher, the Gondor army held their grounds a bit longer. But in the end they fled through the tunnel. To my surprise, I saw two Trebuchets!!! I wasn't sure what they could do in such short range......but i will learn soon

My army rampaging through the tunnel, eager for victory!!

OMG! Smart defence!! Those Trebuchets caused much trouble in the end!! They nearly annihilated half of my army with those little but highly explosive comets!!

The city has a a really great view!! Especially if you go to the top! Great work on the model, team Third Age! Uhhm....yes...back to battle, right?

Fighting the last of the Gondor army.

In the end it was a surprising battle. Even though Gondor was clearly outnumbered, I didnt expect those Trebuchets there and it nearly killed and panicked my army. And it was a battle with heavy losses on both sides. I actually lost my faction leader (who was an impressive general...even at an age of 83. I also lost the second general in command who was great aswell. But on the other hand, I got Minas Tirith now. A very fun battle, and the city is really amazing......fantastic work!

Bridge Battle
    A fun bridge battle just a few turns after the battle of Minas Tirith. A basic Harad army defended a bridge just east of the Gondor capital to block any incoming rescue army of Gondor which tried to save Minas Tirith. Anyone who played total war games knows how much fun a bridge battle can be. Its a mass slaughter fest!!!!
    So was this.....

My Harad army mainly consisted of basic Spearmen (about 8 units i believe). I also had 5 units of archers setup on the sides of the bridge. Firing volleys of arrows in the incoming Gondor army. Epic sight to see all those arrows.

The Gondor army clearly outmatched mine. It mainly consisted of infantry units which outclasses Harad infantry in strength.

So I tried to do a "Thermopylae" trick at the bridge. So my spearmen in defend modus and stacked behind each other. I knew I was going to lose....but my goal was to take as many Gondor units as possible. Their army was gigantic and the army which conquered Minas Tirith wouldnt be able to fight this army since the heavy losses at their last battle. I would lose Minas Tirith I think.

It was constantly raining arrows! Gondor had some archer militia and Ithilien Rangers on the other side of the river. Very epic to see, but hurtin' for my noble and fearless spearmen.

'Our arrows will blot out the sun'
    'Then we will fight in the shade'

Fun to see my spearmen standing so well organised....and the army of Gondor just trying to push and to push. Bastards are strong too!

Yes, Gondor actually pushed through my men. Tough maniacs! So I send in my cavalry unit (3 generals, heavy cavalry) to bash em back! Desperate times!

The army of Gondor are almost at the end of the bridge. Its getting dangerous now. Arrows still flying in, lol!

Overview shot of the battle. You can clearly see that Gondor is getting the upper hand here. Actually quicker then I expected.....Damnit!

I wonder how much friendly kills those rangers of Gondor had. So much arrows flying in....they kept firing during the entire battle.

In the heat of the battle. Everybody was fighting till the last man!

Those bald headed fella's! They were menacing! Lossernach elite of Gondor capital if im not mistaken in their name. Actually first time I saw them in action. And how.....they ripped through my units.

Dust and bones....that was left after this awesome bridge battle! I retreated my last units....the fight was over. I wasnt too sure here if i did what i had do to archieve my goal. But statistics will show in the end

Last units retreating

Well, I am quite satisfied! I knew I was gonna lose this fight....but I took more then half of their army. Enough to stop them from taking back Minas Tirith.

Thx for reading and watching! I hope you enjoyed the little battle stories and pics.
    I actually enjoyed it very much! I wished there was more like this in this thread ... you'll keep playing TATW the next days, won't you?
    With best regards,

Förster44

Nice screens and story rogergargantua

Thx all! And yes, I will be playing some more Third Age! When a cool and important battle comes up. I will definately post up screens and the story here

Battle of Ethring

Harad vs Gondor

I conquered the town Ethring just a few turns ago. Gondor dispatched an army to recapture it. In open battle, I would have been outclassed big time. But since they are besieging the town and decided to attack, I might have a small benefit here.

My young but brave general Lubayd versus the war veteran Durven of Gondor. Captain Nizar was scouting the area and comes in as reinforcements. Thats good, I need all the help i can get.

I put my Southron Warband spearmen at the gate. Around them my cavalry if things get really hot. At the far sides I deployed my archers (not visible in screenshot).

Damnit! They are using their Ballista warmachines to create a gap in my wall! Didnt expect that!
    They just stood idle and waiting for a hole to appear. I must act quickly.

Captain Nizar to the rescue! He and his reinforcement army came in from the south! I ordered him to take out the ballista's! I just hope they are in time before hell breaks loose.

Captain Nizar closing in, the army of Gondor visible in the background.

LOL! Ballista morons not expecting anything.....this will be good

Captain Nizar was detected by the archers......but it was too late! The mighty charge of his cavalry did its work! They took out the ballista succesfully! Epic...

This really pissed them off though! The army now marched towards the town with everything they´ve got! Captain Nizar took the side gate to escape (red arrow).

Take that, bastards! My archers pouring down a firestorm of arrows...hoping the ram would take fire. If it doesnt succeed, we at least toasted some men.

Gondor near our gate!

Okay....this will be a slaugher fest! Hold fast!!

OMG! A full attack by Gondor! Hell on earth.....

A crazed and heated battle! Not much orders were given. It was pure hack and slash. Both armies tested their strength against each other.

At one point, General Durven of Gondor breached through my defence!! He already lost his bodyguard and kinda wandered towards the town's central point. I quickly ordered Lubayd and his cavalry to stop him. So they cornered him.

The man of Gondor fought like a beast!! Cutting down my Lubayd's bodyguard as if they were small children.

But slowly, my men took their turns to attack him. I love the vicious backstab here! LOL

Yes, cut him down! Cut him down!!! It could turn the tide! If the general of Gondor will fall, his army will lose morale.

Finally, he died! As you can see, he made much victims before he went bye-bye. He was a tough nut to crack.....that for sure.

The battle at the gate raged on. Dead bodies stacking up....forming human sandbags

But the loss of the general Durven made a big impact on the army of Gondor. We are pushing them back...out of the gate!

My turn now! The last forces of Gondor litterally melting away! Arrows on fire to create even more panic amongst the now scared soldiers of Gondor.

The battle was over....but much casualties. It would take weeks for the cleaners to mop up all those bodies

Orc mercenaries looking exhausted after a long and hard fought battle.

Yeah, I am quite satisfied....

Thx for watching and reading!

Well done again, rogergargantua! Unfortunately I have to spread around reputation a bit, but I'll hurry
    With best regards,

Förster44

All fiefdoms gather for the defense of Minas Tirith!

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Sorry, but it seems to me like they somehow gathered at the wrong side of the wall?

But a nice screenshot, at least
    With best regards,

Förster44

Quote Originally Posted by Förster44 View Post
    Sorry, but it seems to me like they somehow gathered at the wrong side of the wall?

But a nice screenshot, at least
    It was that crazy Denethor's fault since he is behind it.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Is it good or bad that I can pick out all of the submods?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Is it good or bad that I can pick out all of the submods?
    Just get ready for the awesomeness of the big unit submod. All the cool unit submods put together. Soon in a totalwarcenter website near you.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Just get ready for the awesomeness of the big unit submod. All the cool unit submods put together. Soon in a totalwarcenter website near you.
    I think the epicness would be overwhelming...
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Battle of the Bulge
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; February 07, 2013 at 10:34 AM.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Dunlendings vs Hillmen
    Last edited by Incredible Bulk; February 07, 2013 at 10:34 AM.