Thread: Screenshots

Constantine XII's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Sandos View Post
    I think indeed he meant 16,545 as in sixteen(point)fivefourfive, not sixteenthousandfivehundredandfourtyfive.

Here in Greece we have comma (,) instead of point (.) for decimal numbers....
    And point (.) for thousands
    Last edited by Constantine XII; August 05, 2011 at 04:10 AM.

An old kingdom come anew. These were the first battles in the campaign that was to be the baptism of fire for the fledgling-nation of Arnor, less than half a decade after its reemergence. General Araphant, a grizzled veteran from the war against the orcs to the north leads this host as they march for Isengard to eliminate the growing Uruk-hai threat.

[Short backgroundstory]
    The fire popped and sizzled as the flames slowly but surely consumed the pale logs of birch, spreading a sweet and warm aroma in the air that stood in sharp contrast to the stark stone walls and sparse furnishings otherwise present. General Araphant sat in his favourite chair, idly sucking on a longstemmed pipe and going through the impressive stack of reports piled up in front of him on the only other thing in the room except his chair and himself; his desk. He did that more and more of late. Sitting that is. His years were beginning to claim their tribute, even though he fervently dismissed any such notions.
    A knock on the heavy wooden door suddenly brought him out of his reports. "Come."
    The large door swung soundlessly inward to reveal one of his his bodyservants, James, who gave a bow and took a step into the room.
    "My Lord, I believe everything is ready for departure very soon. Reports has come in from Annúminas that the rest of the army will be waiting in Bree and join our main force there on our way south." Another thing that James was, covertly, was his head of information.
    "Good, good.. We will depart as soon as possible" His voice held no enthusiasm. After nearly two decades of war against the northern orcs, a war that ultimately forged the lands of Eriador together strongly enough to rekindle the realm of Arnor, he had long since passed the belief that battle held anything other than death and suffering for those involved. There was honor in defending your lands and those you love, sure, but there was definately no glory. Glory was a thing of songs and stories. The reality was something altogether different. Besides, a saddle was far less comfortable than the chair he now occupied.. Even if Fornost was a place of small comforts, at least one could find a decent place to sit. Perhaps I am getting a bit old, he thought ruefully, but then clenched his jaw. But Saruman and his foul Uruk-hai will soon find that this old dog still has a nasty bite. He took another long draw on the pipe, and started to get ready for his departure..

The knights of Annúminas at the head of the Arnorian army, marching south as the twilight colours the cloudy sky a kings purple;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The first engagement with Isengard on a field just outside Tharbad, the warcries of the Knights echoing over the plains as they smash into the enemy;

The siege of the first major city under Isengards control. The men all sing a song of dancing with death at the top of their lungs, of knowing full well this might be their last day alive. But then again, that is true of any day;

The creak of leather and clang of metal rises as men ready themselves for the push;

Urban fighting is never pretty, and the savage hillmen fight with an otherworldly intensity, and the proud men of Arnor are engaged in a savage melee;

Eventually, all that is left of the enemy are heaps of cold dead bodies, their blood smeared over their aggressors;

Also, this is a short version of the story I will write on this campaign on the thread I have linked on the bottom of my sig (containing the same pictures). If you want more reading to the pictures, go there. [/shameless selfpromoting]

EDIT: Oops, I accidentally missed one picture. Fixed. EDIT2: Changed hosting site.
    Last edited by Sandos; August 09, 2011 at 02:42 AM.

Same here in czech republic.
    Yea I know the name is terrible, but it's not really finished.

I think indeed he meant 16,545 as in sixteen(point)fivefourfive, not sixteenthousandfivehundredandfourtyfive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konstantinos-XI View Post
    That.

edse's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dava2710 View Post
    Same here in czech republic.
    Probably those americanos want to be different.

Suicidal orc-captain

two victorys:

and a field of death:

(last two from Fellowship campaign)

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    two victorys:

and a field of death:

(last two from Fellowship campaign)
    Whats the first one?
    The hilly town seems special...
    Aure entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsTemplar View Post
    Whats the first one?
    The hilly town seems special...

Its Edoras, a custom battle map... but i dont know where you can get it and who make it.

copy the attachments into mods/Third_Age/data/world/maps/custom

Dustindesrctin's Avatar Decanus

Icon6 Re: Screenshots

An old kingdom come anew. These were the first battles in the campaign that was to be the baptism of fire for the fledgling-nation of Arnor, less than half a decade after its reemergence. General Araphant, a grizzled veteran from the war against the orcs to the north leads this host as they march for Isengard to eliminate the growing Uruk-hai threat.

[Short backgroundstory]
    The fire popped and sizzled as the flames slowly but surely consumed the pale logs of birch, spreading a sweet and warm aroma in the air that stood in sharp contrast to the stark stone walls and sparse furnishings otherwise present. General Araphant sat in his favourite chair, idly sucking on a longstemmed pipe and going through the impressive stack of reports piled up in front of him on the only other thing in the room except his chair and himself; his desk. He did that more and more of late. Sitting that is. His years were beginning to claim their tribute, even though he fervently dismissed any such notions.
    A knock on the heavy wooden door suddenly brought him out of his reports. "Come."
    The large door swung soundlessly inward to reveal one of his his bodyservants, James, who gave a bow and took a step into the room.
    "My Lord, I believe everything is ready for departure very soon. Reports has come in from Annúminas that the rest of the army will be waiting in Bree and join our main force there on our way south." Another thing that James was, covertly, was his head of information.
    "Good, good.. We will depart as soon as possible" His voice held no enthusiams. After nearly two decades of war against the northern orcs, a war that ultimately forged the lands of Eriador together strongly enough to rekindle the realm of Arnor, he had long since passed the belief that battle held anything other than death and suffering for those involved. There was honor in defending your lands and those you love, sure, but there was definately no glory. Glory was a thing of songs and stories. The reality was something altogether different. Besides, a saddle was far less comfortable than the chair he now occupied.. Even if Fornost was a place of small comforts, at least one could find a decent place to sit. Perhaps I am getting a bit old, he thought ruefully, but then clenched his jaw. But Saruman and his foul Uruk-hai will soon find that this old dog still has a nasty bite. He took another long draw on the pipe, and started to get ready for his departure..

The knights of Annúminas at the head of the Arnorian army, marching south as the twilight colours the cloudy sky a kings purple;

The first engagement with Isengard on a field just outside Tharbad, the warcries of the Knights echoing over the plains as they smash into the enemy;

The siege of the first major city under Isengards control. The men all sing a song of dancing with death at the top of their lungs, of knowing full well this might be their last day alive. But then again, that is true of any day;

The creak of leather and clang of metal rises as men ready themselves for the push;

Urban fighting is never pretty, and the savage hillmen fight with an otherworldly intensity, and the proud men of Arnor are engaged in a savage melee;

Eventually, all that is left of the enemy are heaps of cold dead bodies, their blood smeared over their aggressors;

(I am currently on a computer that can't show the pictures I uploaded yesterday, so I hope I attached the right ones now..)
    Also, this is a short version of the story I will write on this campaign on the thread I have linked on the bottom of my sig (containing the same pictures). If you want more reading to the pictures, go there. (This one not done yet though (5/8), but there is another one that IS done) [/shameless selfpromoting]

EDIT: Oops, I accidentally missed one picture. Fixed.
    Epic!

Khales's Avatar Ducenarius

Yeah, Sandos is going to be a good storytelling grandpa for his grandchildren. +rep for entertaining me again (btw what progs do you use to edit your images?)

Photoshop CS5. Though I am not nearly using it to its full potential. I just play around a bit with the brightness/contrast, trim the picture and add some very simple effects, nothing fancy at all.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Sandos: my avast just blocked out all your screenshots, just thought you should know, might be just a paranoid software of mine...

Sandos: my avast just blocked out all your screenshots, just thought you should know, might be just a paranoid software of mine...
    That is a bit strange.. The file sharing site I use is a legit swedish one, should be no problems with it. Not the first time I've seen a paranoid antivirus program though.. I'll try to find an alternate site to upload to.

EDIT: Now changed to imageshack. Still blocked?
    Last edited by Sandos; August 06, 2011 at 08:39 AM.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Yes.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

works fine, antivirus still yaking about the quoted links though, but that is not your faut

Same here.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Dustindesrctin's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post

I HATE SPIDERS

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post

So holy freaky.....