Thread: Screenshots

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Screenshots

nevermind

Nevermind what? You didn't pose a question or a request...

Been a while. Back enjoying TATW-MOS 1.62!
    Decided I better make the effort to post a few screenies to show my appreciation for all this amazing modding.
    Thought that maybe the Silvan elves had ownership of Dol Guldur (Amon Lanc) long enough in my campaign and so they needed a slight makeover to reduce the Mordor look and make it look more elvish.
    Through the magic of the elves >>

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The elvish equivalent of Hadrian's Wall (on a smaller scale - at this time).
    Thank you to the "Lorien elves" for making this possible

How tough are Ents?

The Ents engaged the siege engines.
    Orc archers en masse showered them with arrows and fire arrows.
    End result was torching their own catapults and warriors.
    Ents - possibly the best antidote to siege engines.
    Love em!

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Two pics that turned out quite well, made during a test session. Simple Harad units with a little standard editing this time.
    I thought for a moment you had created a new animation - "the Harad impale to airborne state" .

Treaper's Avatar Miles

Soldiers of Gondor need vacation. Witch-King's travel agency made an offer, they cannot refuse

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Deleted
    Last edited by Veteraan; March 14, 2015 at 08:26 PM.

Been a bit quiet here - so thought I'd post another screenie.

One of my fav submods included in TATW-MOS 1.6.2 is Diplomacy & Invasions by proximusj.
    Being able to have other races join you and fight beside you for a time period adds a whole new level of fun and detail.
    So here's 2 screenies to commemorate that.

So hard to get a screenie to show everyone at once.
    So I lined them up pre-battle. Not the best screenie, but still gives a good idea.
    Playing as Silvan Elves, with the banners of the Dwarves, FPoE, Dale, and Rohan. Gondor was too busy and the other elves are unavailable for some reason despite being allies.

A bloody battle in a cool custom settlement.
    You should be able to see elves, dwarves, Dale's Barding hird, and Breeland Militia.
    The Rohan cavalry were left parked outside for this battle.

Now I revealed my faction in the Who am I thread, I can put my screenshots (and a few extra ones) from that campaign back up here.
    They are from a development version of MOS 1.7 (Info to be found HERE)
    However it does not show new units. There will be some of them in MOS 1.7 though, at least new to MOS that is.

Battle of the Fords of Isen 1
    Battle of the Fords of Isen 2
    A battle, watch those guys at the top left. They can't be up to much good.
    I wonder why these guys are fleeing and what are those black things in the air?
    So this what caused them to flee, it's those suspicious guys getting in on the action.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Now I revealed my faction in the Who am I thread, I can put my screenshots (and a few extra ones) from that campaign back up here.
    They are from a development version of MOS 1.7 (Info to be found HERE)
    However it does not show new units. There will be some of them in MOS 1.7 though, at least new to MOS that is.

Battle of the Fords of Isen 1
    Battle of the Fords of Isen 2
    A battle, watch those guys at the top left. They can't be up to much good.
    I wonder why these guys are fleeing and what are those black things in the air?
    So this what caused them to flee, it's those suspicious guys getting in on the action.
    Bombs away!

Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Treaper View Post

Soldiers of Gondor need vacation. Witch-King's travel agency made an offer, they cannot refuse
    Where's the other Nazgûl ? It would have been cool if the Nine where there.

It's a good thing I happened to notice your name change request, or I would never have guessed who you are.

Treaper's Avatar Miles

While eight of them were threating Gondor from Western Osgiliath, the last one was in Mirkwood fighting Woodland Realm

Everto's Avatar Campidoctor

Some Screenshots from my DaC Imladris Campaign.

Quick Summary of events; After the Orcs of the Misty Mountains annihilated the Vale of Anduin, Imladris stepped in and annihilated the vile OoTMM. The realm of Elrond now became a dominant power in the region, however there were not enough elves amongst the thinly stretched ranks of Imladris, so Elrond did not pursue open war with the evil forces of Dol Guldur in the East and Angmar in the North. So the Elves fortified their strongholds, and closed their borders to the forces of evil.

After a time, the Elves realized that they could no longer hide in Imladris, the forces of Evil had grown to powerful, ANGMAR WAS ON THE RISE.

At Elrond's command, Ellhadan, Elrohir and Glorfindel the Brave took under their banners an army each, and marched against the realm of the Witch King of Angmar. The sons of Elrond marched north against Shedun and Litash, while Glorifindel took his host to reclaim the great watchtower of Amon Sûl. On a crisp December Morning, the great elven warrior arrived at the crumbling ruins of Weathertop...

Glorfindel Arrives

Having caught the forces of Angmar by surprise, the Army of Glorfindel began the assault immediately

The Elves rained death upon their enemies with a terrible vengeance...

...annihilating them.

The War against Angmar has begun... However in the South, a new power rises, the evil of men has crushed the once peaceful lands of the Shire.

THE WRATH OF IMLADRIS IS COMING

P.S. Gondor and Mordor have been at an eternal stand-off, most epic road-block ever.

Bonus Pic
    Last edited by Everto; March 18, 2015 at 11:29 AM.

Nice post, almost an AAR. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Everto View Post
    Some Screenshots from my DaC Imladris Campaign.

Quick Summary of events; After the Orcs of the Misty Mountains annihilated the Vale of Anduin, Imladris stepped in and annihilated the vile OoTMM. The realm of Elrond now became a dominant power in the region, however there were not enough elves amongst the thinly stretched ranks of Imladris, so Elrond did not pursue open war with the evil forces of Dol Guldur in the East and Angmar in the North. So the Elves fortified their strongholds, and closed their borders to the forces of evil.

After a time, the Elves realized that they could no longer hide in Imladris, the forces of Evil had grown to powerful, ANGMAR WAS ON THE RISE.

At Elrond's command, Ellhadan, Elrohir and Glorfindel the Brave took under their banners an army each, and marched against the realm of the Witch King of Angmar. The sons of Elrond marched north against Shedun and Litash, while Glorifindel took his host to reclaim the great watchtower of Amon Sûl. On a crisp December Morning, the great elven warrior arrived at the crumbling ruins of Weathertop...

Glorfindel Arrives

Having caught the forces of Angmar by surprise, the Army of Glorfindel began the assault immediately

The Elves rained death upon their enemies with a terrible vengeance...

...annihilating them.

The War against Angmar has begun... However in the South, a new power rises, the evil of men has crushed the once peaceful lands of the Shire.

THE WRATH OF IMLADRIS IS COMING

P.S. Gondor and Mordor have been at an eternal stand-off, most epic road-block ever.

Bonus Pic
    Nice pics mate, like in good old days !!

Here are a few screenshots from a recent Lothlórien campaign. First some back story:
    I captured Dol Guldur after only 5 years (20 turns) but Sauron was not best pleased and he immediately called an invasion on Amon lanc. Using a rather sneaky method to avoid the invasion I moved the garrison of Amon Lanc out into the forest and allowed a small 2 man army to claim it thus ending the invasion 2 turns after it begun. I swiftly reclaimed it and began my defence of the forest:
    Attempting to pass through Southern Mirkwood is a fools errand

I consolidated my holdings and began to bolster my defences at Caras Galadhon whilst I waited for a sizeable force. However, Sauron had other plans and decided once again that my lands were forfeit and he called an invasion on Caras Galadhon. All answered his call and the first to arrive was Gothmog. He came with a pitiful force and was annihilated on the borders of Lórien with less than two score casualties. Next to fall was the High Chieftain of the Misty Mountains who foolishly ran his Warg Bodyguard alone into a line of Elbereth's Sentinels (Lorien Bodyguard). Sadly things took a turn and 6 armies arrived in unison; 2 from Harad, 2 from Mordor, 1 from Khand and 1 from Rhun. The east had come. Caras Galadhon was besieged by an army of Harad led by Nawful and after sieging for a single turn they pressed to take our ancient home. The Witch-king with his lieutenant Adunaphel commanded one army, a pathetic Orc General commanded another and Nawful headed the third.

We were outnumbered heavily but held the small gate into the very heart of the city, we couldn't hold long enough and the enemy eventually streamed in by the thousand; we were forced back to the city square:
    Hold the line

They began raining as many arrows of flame as they could down on us:
    The lights

A rag tag band of survivors and three battalions of Elbereth's Sentinels, still heavily outnumbered, held the middle. Then medieval 2 send us some aid, all THREE cavalry generals died on the stakes I had placed at the gates, the Witch-king, Adunaphel the Quiet and Nawful. The enemy lost heart by the thousand and mass routing broke out! I pushed every last unit I had toward the gate and every one we came across broke and fled. We stopped at the gate and, surrounded by the heaped dead up to our knees, we fired the last of our arrows:

Send them back to their underworld

The skill of the Elves prevailed and the golden wood shone anew. Needless to say the victory was heroic:

Come again!

It was great fun!

EDIT:
    Since this victory I fought a second battle against a combined Harad, Rhun and Khand army and massacred the enemy with few losses thanks to my stakes and their love of horses.

The final invasion force came at me 1v1 and opted for daylight and as they were pitiful and I won with less than 200 losses I got some nicer, brighter screens of that battle:
    From high upon the hill we rain death

Our archers firing in continuous volleys

Should they break through, we had reserves

I don't actually know who created Caras Galadhon but it is a lot of fun to fight there! Point me to that person and I shall rep them.
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; April 02, 2015 at 10:42 AM.

And this^is why I love the Elves

Treaper's Avatar Miles

I just started new Imladris campaing on DaC and few turns after I sent Elrond to conquer Goblin-town, Angmar attacked Imladris itself

Right after battle of Imladris some my troops found OoMM army nearby

Love this Elvish units

btw I have no clue why one image is normally viewed and another one not...

As some of you probably know all to well, modding often proves to be a frustrating process of trial and error. To illustrate this and maybe for some good laughs, I will share this screenshot I made from a battle in a WIP MOS 1.7 version.
    We will get it fixed eventually! There will be no playing with shields made of human faces in the official version I'm afraid.