Thread: Mod Request: Pictures

MadTiest's Avatar Miles

Default Mod Request: Pictures

I know it's not proper etiquette to aks other people for mods when I have zero modding skill. But I'm wondering if anyone is already working on the following or planning to do it:

*Replacing the remaining vanilla pictures (such as the relationship worsened messages or general killed messages).
    *Removing some vanilla sounds.

I'm guessing this will be worked on for the next release by the team, but it'd be great if someone else managed to do it sooner. I'm not talking about creating a few dozen new pictures, but I think the game would already be 12.53% more immersive if all the vanilla pictures were to be temporarily replaced by some standard/generic TATW pictures (for example a picture of middle earth, or of the faction icons).

And removing vanilla sounds can't be that much work...right? I feel these 2 things are a bit of a missed opportunity, considering the high immersion/workload ratio.

Feel free to give me a thorough spanking for lacking patience and underestimating the work... or just do it for t3h R3pz0rz.
    Last edited by MadTiest; April 27, 2009 at 08:15 PM.

Spamostoc's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Mod Request: Pictures

I would assume that the team is planning on doing this for a later release themselves. Also if all of the vanilla sounds are removed all together the Rhun and Harad would be completely silent on the campaign map.
    ಠ_ಠ Oh hai

egor's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Mod Request: Pictures

could you madtiest post this too to my sub mod suggestion thread? it would be nice

Those, who don't eat, are eaten - Egor
    I do not steal victory - Μέγας Ἀλέξανδρος