TATW: Rohan, Strategy Guide for New Players.
In respect to the players, the modders... This thread is dedicaded to give tips, hints, where to go, what do do, while playing as Rohan. I am the co-writer of: Strategy Guide for New Players of Deus lo Vult. With the blessing of team, I will contribute for this mod aswell. I will also constantly add information on this post and [ quote ] if your post holds importent materials. With +Rep and Credit, offcourse. Feel free to PM me if I overlooked your V.I.Post. ...This is just the begining.
The Kingdom of Rohan
"Riders of Rohan! Oaths you have taken, now fulfill them all, to lord and land! "
+ Getting started as Rohan [2954 AD]
Relies on quick and powerful cavalry.
Weaknesses:Lacks good heavy infantry.
Long Campaign: Victory conditions: Hold 60 regions, including: Kings Land, Helms Deep, Nan Curunir. Eliminate factions: Mordor, Isengard.
Short Campaign: Victory conditions: Hold 30 regions. Eliminate factions: Mordor.
The kindom of Rohan starts of with 9 provinces in the south west corner of Middle earth. 5 Cities and 4 castles. 9 Generals and 1 spy. Large flat plains around each settlement gives good overview of incoming enemy forces. The Kingdom of Rohan border Isengard, to the north-west, and Gondor,to the south. Where the latter being your ally in arms. For future note, you have huge wall of mountain range and military access to grant you good defence from friendly settlers in the south.
+ LocationsWest Rohan
Isengard border, north Rohan and north-west Rohan
Gondor Border, south Rohan
+ Unit roster of Rohan
Royal Military Academy roster
Originally Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org
In normal SGfNP fashion ...Some questions to get the Rohan ball rolling.
1. Is Rohan Very Easy, Easy, Moderate, Hard, or Very Hard compared to other TW: Third Age factions you've played?
2. What is your opinion of Rohan's starting position/situation?
3. What rivals does Rohan always end up at war with?
4. Which factions are potentially dependable allies/trading partners?
5. What are some early- and mid. game strategies that have worked for you with Rohan?
6. What are some strategies that don't work for Rohan?
- King kong and the whole Third Age-team for creating this super mod.
- email@example.com, for creating Better cavalry engagement-mini mod.
I'm Blackleaf-Wille, co-writer of SGfNP, and I see you around Middle earth some day.