Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Better cavalry engagement.( To 1.4)

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Better cavalry engagement.( To 1.4)

I use to tweak this file,descr_mount files,based in a Darth´s file,to improve the impact of cavalry charge,they penetrate deep in infantry formations and give a more realistic sense of clash.

Just replace ,descr_mount in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data,better back up the old one for the case you don't like .

PS:Try a custom battle with and without my file ,with the some units a to see the difference.

PS:This file is based in a Darth file.

Ok.Ok.After a enormous number of requests (just two but that ok) I decide to make a 1.4 compatible version.

PS:this may not work with some others sub mods,back up first.
    Last edited by pajomife; January 02, 2010 at 06:55 PM.

Default Re: Better cavalry engagement.

Thanks, will try it out.

This was very needed gj + rep

you didnt make them like the tanks of med 2 vanilla did you? i think they should have a little more impact but not extreme like in vanilla med 2.

Such a simple tweak adds so much balance. +rep. n n.

will this be implemented in the mod at all? sounds good and btw cav.= tanks for medieval times

Brilliant,when I played the mod(which is awesome btw) my only problem was that the cavalry sucked this makes it much more realistic can finally enact the battle for pellanor fields Thanks a lot

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

You should at this to the mods area. Thanks, twas needed. + Rep.
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Quote Originally Posted by Incan View Post
    will this be implemented in the mod at all? sounds good and btw cav.= tanks for medieval times
    in medieval time yes they were tanks. not so much so from my understanding of lotr lore. lore wise the armor used was chianmail which is a lot lighter then plate less mass=less force on impact. plus i dont think tolkien really envisioned the standard medieval lance for them also making them less like a tank.(might be wrong on this been a few years since i read everything)

i think they needed to be stronger but not the unstopable tanks like in vanilla. ought to take out about 40% of a unit on a charge not 70% which then causes an instant route making it a near 100% kill on a single charge. i think that would be balanced.

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Tanks to all for the feedback,I which to remember that this idea is from Darths,is a small file but have a amazing visual impact.

@aurther:If you try a custom battle using the cavalry against a spear unit,you may have this sense because this infantry unit are moving ,but try the same battle,you commanding the infantry ,and let the AI attack with cavalry,if your unit are static and waiting for the attack ,the visual effect is a little less,and the casualty to,less than 30%.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

This was highly required! +rep when I can again...

Great rebalancing of the cavarly, finally a good counter option against archers!!
    thanks again for the link black viper

id rep you if i could
    k

Might be a silly question: but is this savegame compatible? Means you can continue your savegame and not be forced to start a new campaign.
    Last edited by traxx91; April 28, 2009 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icewingman View Post
    Great rebalancing of the cavarly, finally a good counter option against archers!!
    thanks again for the link black viper

id rep you if i could
    You can +rep me it won't count as rep until your reach the requirements.

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Something so small and so usefull

Thx a lot

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by aurther View Post
    in medieval time yes they were tanks. not so much so from my understanding of lotr lore. lore wise the armor used was chianmail which is a lot lighter then plate less mass=less force on impact. plus i dont think tolkien really envisioned the standard medieval lance for them also making them less like a tank.(might be wrong on this been a few years since i read everything)
    Mail armor weighs like 25 pounds, full plate weighs about 45 pounds.

The extra 20 pounds means virtually nothing when added to the force of a 180 lb knight and a 1200+ lb horse.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

thank you for this +rep

All wars are civil wars because all men are brothers. ~ François Fenelon

does this affect all the cav yes? i used it and did a test with rohans royal guard, they still almost stop dead at the first line of orc infantry.

Edit: made my own changes, more to my taste. now they deeply penetrate units.
    Last edited by oeffohznvjvkzo; April 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks a lot I was kinda dissapointed when I tried to charge Rohan heavy cavalry against some light infantry elves and my cavalry was killed.

Thanks !

Obrigado

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast