Thread: Can't Recruit/Build at Eryn Dolen

Foederatus

Default Can't Recruit/Build at Eryn Dolen

Playing as the Silvan Elves, and overtook Eryn Dolen. Started without a general, but have a general and population of 1529. I can't build anything or recruit anything, it's not that its grayed out, there is just empty boxes there. Town has wooden palisade and land clearence. Unless I am doing something drastically wrong, any suggestions?

** I restarted the game, population now at 2064, and still no options to build or recruit. One thing I notice is that if i move my cursor over the population number, it does not tell me the population level needed to achieve the next town size, but does on the rest of my settlements however.**
    Last edited by NE_Passat'n; April 27, 2009 at 08:35 PM.

Default Re: Can't Recruit/Build at Eryn Dolen

Yep, same here, just as described.

Kiljaden's Avatar Centenarius

ABSTRACT: The settlement in question has a higher starting population (1100) than the "level" of settlement it is (It's a village and villages upgrade to towns at 1000). Moreover, the wooden palisade required for village->town upgrading is already built when the campaign starts. This results in a permanent no-progress bug where the wall upgrade cannot be built "again" to upgrade to a town.

SOLUTION: In your descr_strat.txt (Located in \Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\), find (ctrl+f) the West-Mirkwood province. Change "level village" to "level town". Restart your campaign.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Kiljaden; April 28, 2009 at 07:43 AM.

Or you could just destroy the barracks that is in the town and rebuild your fations one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharros View Post
    Or you could just destroy the barracks that is in the town and rebuild your fations one.
    Won't work. I had a the same problem with Rhun's capital city (which I modded to be the town that starts with 3000+ pop instead of some random town NE of it) when I dinked around in the descr_strat.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaden View Post
    ABSTRACT: The settlement in question has a higher starting population (1100) than the "level" of settlement it is (It's a village and villages upgrade to towns at 1000). Moreover, the wooden palisade required for village->town upgrading is already built when the campaign starts. This results in a permanent no-progress bug where the wall upgrade cannot be built "again" to upgrade to a town.

SOLUTION: In your descr_strat.txt (Located in \Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\), find (ctrl+f) the West-Mirkwood province. Change "level village" to "level town". Restart your campaign.

Enjoy
    Thank you. I will try it tonight, I was hoping it was something I could edit.

Can has rep? lawlawlawlawl

Foederatus

So are there other settlements i need to do this to while I'm there?

Foederatus

that fixed it... Thank you again.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Enjoy
    Thanks man, I was wondering about that.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Thanks for the fix info. +rep

In theory is it possible to write a script that fixes this in-game? So a campaign restart is not required? What if it got the plague that reduced population to below the "town" level so when it recovers to that level again we get the town wall upgrade?

I'm not too bothered by having this ghost town. It's bringing in a few hundred gold after garrison cost. But, if nothing else, I would like to able to build stone roads through that region.

Thanks man!

The problem is that it's a village with the town-level walls built. And the town walls are not destructible to my knowledge.

Can't you just move out then when it rebels slaughter it again?

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Doesn't work, it remains a town with a wooden palisade.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

The problem is that it's a village with the town-level walls built.
    Ah. I see. Yes, so you explained in your first post. I didn't read that correctly.

Hmmm. Doesn't look good for in-game fix. Oh well, live with it or start again it is.

I might rename the town to Eala Pran. "Spirit Town" in some Elvish language - don't know which; just found an online Elvish translator!