Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sons of the Dannebrog: Danish Retexture and Revised Roster Mod [Help Needed! No Modding Experience Necessary]

Default Sons of the Dannebrog: Danish Retexture and Revised Roster Mod [Help Needed! No Modding Experience Necessary]

I've posted the initial mod release here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=267727
    Last edited by erasmus777; June 08, 2009 at 08:19 PM.

Default Re: Sons of the Dannebrog: Danish Retexture and Revised Roster Mod

Guards of the Royal Heir : Throne Arvens Livgarde / Prinsens Livregiment ( Only if a male heir )
    Republican Guards: Republikkens Vogterere
    People's Guards: Folkets Vogterere
    Plural of Husar: ( Not sure about this one, Plural is a unknown word to me xD )
    http://www.gamersgate.com?caff=1905421
    Support GamersGate! The cheaper solution to online gaming. Note, when clicking the link above you'll be giving me a "blue coin" score (Discounts). If you have no interest in such, use the following link: http://www.gamersgate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cainrae View Post
    Guards of the Royal Heir : Throne Arvens Livgarde / Prinsens Livregiment ( Only if a male heir )
    Republican Guards: Republikkens Vogterere
    People's Guards: Folkets Vogterere
    Plural of Husar: ( Not sure about this one, Plural is a unknown word to me xD )
    Thanks!

"Plural" is the form of a word that applies to many as opposed to one (singular). Example:
    The army had one soldier. (singular)
    The army had 10,000 soldiers. (plural)

Ah! Well, i assume it would be:

En hćr af Husarer

Litteraly meaning " An Army of Hussars"

By the way, Great work on the Re-texure
    Last edited by Cainrae; April 27, 2009 at 03:13 PM.
    Support GamersGate! The cheaper solution to online gaming. Note, when clicking the link above you'll be giving me a "blue coin" score (Discounts). If you have no interest in such, use the following link: http://www.gamersgate.com

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Looks great! Will you be retexturing the vanilla Line Infantry and such as well? (In time of course)

Evil_Dane's Avatar Semisalis

Thank you for making this lovely, by the way where you from and +rep (Hope to receive back )

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    Looks great! Will you be retexturing the vanilla Line Infantry and such as well? (In time of course)
    I did them first--you can see one as the standard bearer above--but I'm going to redo them. I know a little bit more know than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Dane View Post
    Thank you for making this lovely, by the way where you from and +rep (Hope to receive back )
    You're welcome.

I'm from the southeastern part of the US.

and +rep...

By the way, do the Danes in the audience approve of switching the language to Swedish?

Just a thought , are you going to add the Danes as a playable faction , or will it require a unlocking mod?

- Cain

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    By the way, do the Danes in the audience approve of switching the language to Swedish?
    Ofcourse they do, it would be an honour for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Göteborgare View Post
    Ofcourse they do, it would be an honour for them.
    Hah, hard as it is to admit, atleast it's better than German ;P

But i still laugh heartly at the swedish guy going "Infantariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" xD

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Looks great! Would you possibly be interested in donating your work to the Regalia of Nations mod, or even joining with the team as a skinner? If so, contact Aykis16; I'm sure he'd love to see your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Cainrae View Post
    Just a thought , are you going to add the Danes as a playable faction , or will it require a unlocking mod?

- Cain
    I'll add them as a playable faction (pending testing, of course). Ideally, if someone only wants to use this mod, they'll be able to do so.

@KippyK -- Thanks! I'll take a look at the project and give it some thought.
    Last edited by erasmus777; April 27, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

nice work on the Re-texure the danish troops could really use it, and keep the good work op

I very much like the work you're doing here, but if I could offer some constructive criticism, you need to get rid of a lot of the colour from the uniforms.

Most of the other retexture patches (which at least some people will want to use alongside this mod) have significantly more subtle colours than the vanilla ETW ones.

For instance, on the Netherlands retexture mod, the colours take more of a realistic hue, and in comparison to the officer and drummer still using vanilla colours, it really hammers home how stupid the original colour saturation is.
    Last edited by KindredBrujah; April 27, 2009 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KindredBrujah View Post
    I very much like the work you're doing here, but if I could offer some constructive criticism, you need to get rid of a lot of the colour from the uniforms.

Most of the other retexture patches (which at least some people will want to use alongside this mod) have significantly more subtle colours than the vanilla ETW ones.

For instance, on the Netherlands retexture mod, the colours take more of a realistic hue, and in comparison to the officer and drummer still using vanilla colours, it really hammers home how stupid the original colour saturation is.
    Thanks for the observation. Could you be more specific though? Are you referring to the red color? The yellow is already pretty soft in game. I'm planning on softening the blue for the bosniaks.

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Thanks for the observation. Could you be more specific though? Are you referring to the red color? The yellow is already pretty soft in game. I'm planning on softening the blue for the bosniaks.
    Certainly.

1. The red and blue from the Landvaern. The red a little and the blue a lot.
    2. The red and green from the Marinesoldater. Both just a little.
    3. The red, blue, yellow and white from the Livgarden Til Fod. The red a little, the rest a lot.
    4. The red and yellow from the Dragonen. Both a little.
    5. The red and white from the Livdragonen. Both a little again.
    6. The red and blue from the Bosniaken. The red probably just a little. The blue a HUGE amount.

When using the colour swatch, I usually would prefer my colours at most half-way across, no more.

Some colours just won't look right weak, reds most commonly... they come out pink. Others, like blue and green, look great with very little colour at all. Check out this screenshot to show how little colour I have in my VOC Cavalry. Admittedly that little colour isn't to everyone's tastes, but I find it looks much more at home on the battlefield.

Additionally, regarding the whites... Try adding a little yellow into the white when you darken it. You don't want grey, that just looks like it was put in the wash with dark colours. A touch of yellow just makes it look like a realistic colour of clothing for an ordinary trooper to be wearing on the field. Perhaps a Grenadier's dress uniform might have starched white, but it would be impossible to maintain in practice and far too expensive for it to be issued to common troops.

Quote Originally Posted by KindredBrujah View Post
    Certainly.

1. The red and blue from the Landvaern. The red a little and the blue a lot.
    2. The red and green from the Marinesoldater. Both just a little.
    3. The red, blue, yellow and white from the Livgarden Til Fod. The red a little, the rest a lot.
    4. The red and yellow from the Dragonen. Both a little.
    5. The red and white from the Livdragonen. Both a little again.
    6. The red and blue from the Bosniaken. The red probably just a little. The blue a HUGE amount.

When using the colour swatch, I usually would prefer my colours at most half-way across, no more.

Some colours just won't look right weak, reds most commonly... they come out pink. Others, like blue and green, look great with very little colour at all. Check out this screenshot to show how little colour I have in my VOC Cavalry. Admittedly that little colour isn't to everyone's tastes, but I find it looks much more at home on the battlefield.

Additionally, regarding the whites... Try adding a little yellow into the white when you darken it. You don't want grey, that just looks like it was put in the wash with dark colours. A touch of yellow just makes it look like a realistic colour of clothing for an ordinary trooper to be wearing on the field. Perhaps a Grenadier's dress uniform might have starched white, but it would be impossible to maintain in practice and far too expensive for it to be issued to common troops.
    Great tips, especially for the white. I'm very new to this, so that kind of specific advise is really helpful. I'll definitely experiment with it.

Are you using Photoshop to edit?

If so, I recommend you check out:

Image>Adjustments>Selective Color and
    Image>Adjustments>Channel Mixer

They make the job of fiddling with existing textures a whole lost easier. Just mask what you're working on and fiddle with the colours as suits you.

Presumably most half-decent image editing applications will have similar tools, but I don't know where they are on any other.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast