Thread: [Request] Grassy Flat maps

Default [Request] Grassy Flat maps

To all graphical artists/modders: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=254177

You can find the map tools in this thread. Is anyone of the talented modders and graphic artists willing to produce 4 grassy flatmaps (1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3 and 4vs4)? This work would be very appreciated and enrich the competitive MP community dramatically.

Default Re: [Request] Grassy Flat maps

At the moment its also only possible to play these maps when all participants have this mod. With many more mappacks from different people to be forseen in future this might split the communit. Is there a way to mod it in a way that only the host needs the mappack installed?

It is pretty obvious that this depends on CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    It is pretty obvious that this depends on CA.
    Ok, this is really starting to piss me off. Honestly, not everything depends on CA. In fact, there isn't a whole lot that does depend on CA save perhaps documentation, as we have a full community of hard working and creative modders constantly cracking the games secrets. We have a guy almost done with a model exporter, we have a tool for operating with pack files that apparently exceeds the one CA made. We have a tool that allows us to edit the majority of the world.

As clearly mentioned in the start of this thread, we have a tool to make new maps along with a tutorial, and he even provided the link. Now if you seriously think that making a flat map covered in grass depends on CA, I don't know what else to say.

up_and_adam's Avatar Civis

Getting back to the map thingy...

I agree in that i want to play on a map where i can set my army in a strainght line across, never done that before..seriously. theres always some obsticle, fence or wateva im my way and it kinda gets anoyying when you just want a clean fight.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dont add Rants || Add Rep

As clearly mentioned in the start of this thread, we have a tool to make new maps along with a tutorial, and he even provided the link. Now if you seriously think that making a flat map covered in grass depends on CA, I don't know what else to say.
    He didnt refer to the possiblity to make grassy flat maps but to the fact that it might not be possible that only the host needs the mappack installed without patching from CA.

I am sorry for having written such an imprecise statement (sorry dud) and I thank Lucullus for pointing out, what I meant. I think grassy flat maps are rather easy (at least I am working on one), but I dont think maps can be made "server side only" without CA.

Cheers, Lance

btw: a flat grassy map is just an experiment, I think one of those shogun/mtw/rtw flat maps would be boring, I really hated them. Using the terrain to one's advantage should be part of the game.

Just to point this out, no map is server side.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260572

Game Scripter @ Reverie World Studios

dragos's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dud doodoo View Post
    Ok, this is really starting to piss me off. Honestly, not everything depends on CA. In fact, there isn't a whole lot that does depend on CA save perhaps documentation, as we have a full community of hard working and creative modders constantly cracking the games secrets. We have a guy almost done with a model exporter, we have a tool for operating with pack files that apparently exceeds the one CA made. We have a tool that allows us to edit the majority of the world.

Well said! I`m not a modder (unfortunately), but I know what marvelous things modding can do! And other than flatmaps,perhaps a map with rivers, lakes or buildings, a town, some sort of very tight valley beetwen mountains etc.
    Last edited by dragos; October 04, 2009 at 11:31 AM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

So... have any flat, empty grass maps be made? Such maps are greatly appreciated for testing unit balance.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.