Thread: .dds file

Default .dds file

Can anyone please explain me how to use the .dds files for skins?

There are many unit skins or texture whatever it is which are .dds files, but what do I have to do with the .dds files? Where do I have to put them?
    Five Lions

Default Re: .dds file

dds is just the type of file. If you have photoshop, download the Nvidia DDS Plugin for free and you can then edit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    dds is just the type of file. If you have photoshop, download the Nvidia DDS Plugin for free and you can then edit them.
    Ohhhh, so it's not a file I can directly use in game when I download it and put it in the data folder?
    Five Lions

How do you mean? Like a Mod? As if you're downloading Uniforms? Any mods have to be in pack format for the game to read them. Dropping DDS files into the data folder won't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    How do you mean? Like a Mod? As if you're downloading Uniforms? Any mods have to be in pack format for the game to read them. Dropping DDS files into the data folder won't do anything.
    Ahh okay then, thank you. I didn't know that but now I do, thanks m8.
    Five Lions

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by TajikPersian View Post
    Ahh okay then, thank you. I didn't know that but now I do, thanks m8.
    Use the Pack File Manager to add single textures. And if you don't want make an own mod, you can download an and add there your textures, so you don't need to create your own mod.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.