Thread: Light infantry reload times.

Default Light infantry reload times.

Playing as Prussia.

Noticed that Light Infantry, and especially Jaigers, take far to long to reload there weapons. This pretty much negates their longer range. Because all they can manage, usually, is to get one volley off, from their long range. Then, while they are taking well over a minute, or longer reloading, the enemy has closed enough to be able to use their own muskets.

I know these light infantry muskets/rifles took longer to load. But how they are set up at the moment is just taking too long.

Don't know if this is due to vanilla properties, or they are a result of IS. Quixote07 can tell us, most likely.
    Using IS 1.068 at the moment, alongside the Smoke and Blood mod.
    Win10 64bit
    Intel Core i7 3770K/3.5 GHz.
    Asus P8Z77-V Pro
    Corsair PC1333 16 Gb
    Asus GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

"Now Maitland, now's your time!
    Stand up Guards!
    Make ready,
    Fire!"

Default Re: Light infantry reload times.

Most likely it's because of vanilla, as in IS Light Infantry have fairly high reloading skill.

normal light infantry shouldn't be that much different from line infantry reloading time, they would be using the same gun after all. I suppose it would be harder to reload when they're crouched. Rifles did take nearly a minute to reload though as they had to wrap the bullet up to make it grip the rifling. I think it has been changed so in IS

General A. Skywalker's Avatar Primicerius
    currently Coruscant, but born on Tatooine

Riflemen/Jagers are not a unit you can use like normal line infantry. Smart and dynamic use is required to operate succesfully with them. 1 minute reload time is very realistic. Don't line them up and expect to fire several volleys against attacking line infantry, this wouldn't have worked in reality either.
    Also take into consideration that overpowered riflemen would be bad for gameplay, as that would encourage the player to recruit huge riflemen-armies.

However, it's different for normal light infantry. They should be able to fight like line infantry if necessary, because sometimes they were used that way in history. But their reload time is the same as for line infantry in IS, isn't it?
    Last edited by General A. Skywalker; April 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM.

Riflemen will win a shootout at medium to long range with any other unit. The longer reload makes them much more vulnerable to melee. They're still deadly effective.