Thread: Can' t start Rusichi

Default Can' t start Rusichi

Hi,
    after i've installed the mod (+patch) i can' t start!? When i click on desktop icon the program is searching for kingdom.exe. In the folder "rusichi" i cannot found "rusichi.exe"!ß
    What's wrong?

Tiglat

Cromagnon2's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Can' t start Rusichi

Do you have XP? I do not know if it will work with Vista.

Right click on desktop, chose >new >short cut. On the empty text field copy and paste. including punctuations and marks:

"C:\Medieval II Total War\kingdoms.exe" --features.mod=mods/Rusichi_TW

You will have to check if this is the right pad you installed Medieval.

I've XP but doesn't work!?
    I think it isn't correct when rusichi create only an folder in "C:\Medieval TW Kingdoms\mods" "rusichi..." (in folder only folder data and unins000.exe) and in "C:\Medieval TW Kingdoms" New Folder (folder packs and preferences and icon rusichi)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglat View Post
    I've XP but doesn't work!?
    I think it isn't correct when rusichi create only an folder in "C:\Medieval TW Kingdoms\mods" "rusichi..." (in folder only folder data and unins000.exe) and in "C:\Medieval TW Kingdoms" New Folder (folder packs and preferences and icon rusichi)?
    The installer looks in the registry to find your MTW2 installation directory.

It looks like maybe your installation directory and the registry entry are mixed up.

You could try a reinstall and enter your base MTW2 directory instead of the default choice. Or just copy the ../Rusichi TW/data directory into your [MTW2 install directory]/mods and do the shortcut like described above.
    English 1.0 Studia Marka™

Hi,
    doesn' t work!? Try to install new MTW II Kingdoms and then Rusichi.
    Hope that i can play the mod now!

Thank's for your help!

Tiglat

Hi,
    i've tried again. When i finish the installation and automaticlly launch Rusichi TW i get an error (see attched file). When i install patch 1.1 i get only uninstall.exe in an new folder!?

Tiglat

i have the same problem ... and it doesn't even install desktop icon ... or any launch icons at all...

Hi,
    i've tried again. When i finish the installation and automaticlly launch Rusichi TW i get an error (see attched file). When i install patch 1.1 i get only uninstall.exe in an new folder!?

Tiglat
    Have you tried other mods, and do they work?

Hi,
    just at time i have 7 mods (german and english) i'll play and all started and installed normally!! one or two must be deinstalled and installed again but only when i tried to take 4 or 5 mods in one installation MTW II!!
    This problem is new and i missed the support from developers!

Tiglat

Hi,
    just at time i have 7 mods (german and english) i'll play and all started and installed normally!! one or two must be deinstalled and installed again but only when i tried to take 4 or 5 mods in one installation MTW II!!
    This problem is new and i missed the support from developers!

Tiglat
    Sorry about the late replies, exams are going on right now, and I have to my bachelor diploma defense in a week.

Your installation directory is wrong - it is looking for kingdoms.exe in the \Sega\MTW_II\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rusichi TW\ directory instead of the \Sega\MTW_II\Medieval II Total War\ directory. This is probably because on install you entered "\Sega\MTW_II\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rusichi TW\" as the installation directory, but you should enter the root MTW2 directory i.e. "N:\Sega\MTW_II\Medieval II Total War\"
    English 1.0 Studia Marka™

Hi,
    thank you for help. Will try soon.
    Good luck for your exam!
    Tiglat

Hi,
    thanks for help, i will try it soon. Good luck for your exam!
    Tiglat

I have a similar problem - I have the game installed in the proper directory, but no desktop icon gets installed, and in the start menu only the uninstall icon is installed.

What this means is that I can only start the mod from the launcher upon unstalling the patch.

I tried copying and pasting the link above, but it does not work.

And yes, I have a dozen other mods installed and they all work, and I never had the same problem.

There is always the possibility you have a corrupt download or installation, remove the mod and try downloading and install it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagnon2 View Post
    There is always the possibility you have a corrupt download or installation, remove the mod and try downloading and install it again.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mod a few times now. I will try to download it again, in case the download is corrupt for some reason, and I will let tyou know if it works or if you have an issue (I am not the only complaining with this particular problem, so something is wrong).

I get this problem too. Could you guys give me a method to handle it anyway ?
    Who Dares Win

Listen here guys, this is getting ridiculous
    Ive downloaded all the files, installed them the proper way and also got the shortcut right, then, after I try to start the game, the loading screen jumps in. It takes few seconds (like 2) and I see the nice picture with Russian soldiers combating some other dudes , but then suddenly it crashes to desktop with no error whatsoever. I tried it multiple times and I am sure that everything is right, but still, this happens. It is far really annoying, because Ive spent like two hours copying all the damn files in the right directory and browsing these forums for some installation guide and there is none offered. Seriously, if the author of this mod wants someone to play it, he should definitely make some official install guide, otherwise we are just wasting out time..
    I was looking forward for this and it is rather making me angry. Please, could you do something about it?

Hi, I also have the same problem as everyone except khatmar, I can't find the "rusichi.exe". After I have installed the mod there is only "data" and "rusichi.icon" in my "Rusichi_TW" mod folder. I suggest that someone who has this mod properly installed upload the "rusichi.exe" file and "rusichi.cfg" file, so that we can finally run this mod.

Thanks, hoping for an answer very soon

Meng's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Tchouk View Post
    Sorry about the late replies, exams are going on right now, and I have to my bachelor diploma defense in a week.

Your installation directory is wrong - it is looking for kingdoms.exe in the \Sega\MTW_II\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rusichi TW\ directory instead of the \Sega\MTW_II\Medieval II Total War\ directory. This is probably because on install you entered "\Sega\MTW_II\Medieval II Total War\mods\Rusichi TW\" as the installation directory, but you should enter the root MTW2 directory i.e. "N:\Sega\MTW_II\Medieval II Total War\"

Hi Tchouk, i have the same problem as he but i have Steam, so i would like to know where i must put the files iam installing ! Thanks

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tchouk View Post
    "N:\Sega\MTW_II\Medieval II Total War\"
    guys, when choosing an installation directory choose the root folder like the one quoted above, dont worry that it'll not create its own mod folder because it will,... but some of the files related to Rusichi will have to be outside the mod folders whether you like it or not