Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Update 1/8/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.72 - thirty of your favourite Sharpe units + fix for units spawning as garrison

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Update 15/5/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.4 - twelve of your favourite Sharpe units

Can you show ALL UNITS, I don't like getting these kind of mods without seeing all the units first before playing.

trafalgar11111's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Update 15/5/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.4 - twelve of your favourite Sharpe units

Thats much better. All the cards show in the Grand Campaign. All the Unit Names have worked. Muy Bien!

All is well @ the mill.
    I've gone on to the more involved subject of resetting levels in my own copy & the reasoning for this.
    I believe that there are two sets of hyperbole to remove.
    1a/ TV SUPERMAN
    b/ Internal subunit motivational speeches and bravado.
    Then
    2/ Fitting them into Wellsleys OrBat. & Estb.
    Thus making them into "Yet another" Elite LI. Rambo, Lone Wolf Op.
    Traditionally this Across the Rank Self Motivation Bravado recieves a due downgrade of scepticismsuch as and Yawn !!!
    @ this due balance is restored & it's another day @ the office for an expendable commodity of war.
    So I've Set the levels to = RGJ +1 for Selection & +1 for Field Experience.
    I think it's possable to give them an automatic Field Experience Stripe in the db from their inception if you know what setting to change.

Default Re: Update 16/5/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.41 - thirteen of your favourite Sharpe units including new 'brand's boys'

Realised that I hadn't entered unit abilities for my two prince of orange units so this has been fixed. I was going to release four new units in v1.5 but seeing as one is already complete I've added Brand's boys now. This is a French super unit that can fight on horse or dismounted. Enjoy and please let me know if you find any bugs in my patch so I can make the necessary alterations.

applelover

altbzat's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Update 16/5/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.41 - thirteen of your favourite Sharpe units including new 'brand's boys'

does this mod work with ''a proper empire'' ?

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Applelover...

Would you be releasing these fabulous units in faction-packs or something?
    Or individually?

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Applelover...

Would you be releasing these fabulous units in faction-packs or something?
    Or individually?
    Just released v1.5 which adds:-

- General chaumier's infantry
    - General calvet's infantry
    - Gillian's rocket troop

loc file is updated to be compatible with Swiss' new aum 2.0 release. Any requests for specific units for my next release will be given priority.

Enjoy and let me know if you have any problems
    Last edited by applelover; May 17, 2009 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by altbzat View Post
    does this mod work with ''a proper empire'' ?
    Thanks to the work of Swiss our combined loc pack does make it compatible with proper empire but I believe that PE uses vanilla size units so use Sharpe's rifles 1.5 van.

Do let me know if you have any issues though and I'll do my best to help you

applelover

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    You did really an awesome work with your SHARPE mod! Huge +rep!

Cheers Swiss

All updated to aum 2.0 and have posted it in UCP thread for you. I've still got a lot of work to do to catch up with your efforts.

applelover

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Update 16/5/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.5 - sixteen of your favourite Sharpe units

Can I please see screenshots for ALL units? I don't like getting mods like this if they don't show all the units, I don't like surprises.

Default Re: Update 16/5/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.5 - sixteen of your favourite Sharpe units

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Can I please see screenshots for ALL units? I don't like getting mods like this if they don't show all the units, I don't like surprises.
    Unfortunately I like to tease and I don't like CAPITAL LETTERS.

Hey applelover..
    This isn't do much a request as a tweak request that if I try I will likely break my computer...

But Would it be possible to change your Riflemen (95th, 60th and Chosen Men) to the awesome textures made by Kave-In? I like that skin, but in melée they use swords, which gets annoying, and the stats and unit cards/ descriptions done by yourself are the best I've seen, so mixing them together would make it brilliant beyond belief

Thanks, Koz

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Hey applelover..
    This isn't do much a request as a tweak request that if I try I will likely break my computer...

But Would it be possible to change your Riflemen (95th, 60th and Chosen Men) to the awesome textures made by Kave-In? I like that skin, but in melée they use swords, which gets annoying, and the stats and unit cards/ descriptions done by yourself are the best I've seen, so mixing them together would make it brilliant beyond belief

Thanks, Koz
    I've already asked permission to do this but when I try to import the skins i've have had a few issues. Definitely on the agenda though

Quote Originally Posted by applelover View Post
    I've already asked permission to do this but when I try to import the skins i've have had a few issues. Definitely on the agenda though

Woohoo!

- Ramsay Snow

Ive adjusted the stats for darthmod so they are not Supermen but regular.
    Have a look @ this import and see what you think.
    All decisions are of course optional and negotiable.
    Also the cost of the rocket men needs adjusting in the units chart to 1500 or similar.
    Last edited by trafalgar11111; May 17, 2009 at 05:40 PM.

I've just tried to, but I ended up having to delete BOTH mods... I'm losing space in the British faction queue. Would it not be better to simply change the Greenjackets unit to be the Chosen men?

- Ramsay Snow

altbzat's Avatar Libertus

Thanks to the work of Swiss our combined loc pack does make it compatible with proper empire but I believe that PE uses vanilla size units so use Sharpe's rifles 1.5 van.

Do let me know if you have any issues though and I'll do my best to help you

applelover
    nice

i have try'd it out and i dont see any of the nice characters like sharpe in the chosen men unit .. ?

am i missing something ?

altbzat

Quote Originally Posted by altbzat View Post
    nice

i have try'd it out and i dont see any of the nice characters like sharpe in the chosen men unit .. ?

am i missing something ?

altbzat
    Have had a few problems putting kave-in's officer models in my units. It's on the to-do list though

I had something strange happen.
    I was using them in my game. 1 of 1 as they are :- when a situation occured where I was defending a siege elsewhere.
    As if by magic up popped a second Fredrickson and Girdwood, like they are alternative mob.
    Far Out !