Thread: CTD Siege battles

Default CTD Siege battles

It seems that from my TA Camp mode that i CTD only when i siege and go into battle, auto-resolve is fine, also when i battle an enemy non-siege on terrain etc not in a city it works fine..

Default Re: CTD Siege battles

Same problem here. It has happened twice when I'm under siege in East Osgiliath. A 7/8ths full stack of orcs versus my 720 defenders.

My comp is not top of the line but it can handle those numbers in Stainless Steel with the same video settings. The battles go well if with a little bit of lag when I'm scrolling all over the battle map. Then all of a sudden (first time right away, second time I had the walls breached and was fighting in the streets) it will CTD and a pop up tells me "MTW2 encountered a problem and will now shut down".

I will try with all video settings on low and small unit size and reportback. Won't be as epic but alas, not all of us can have killer machines

Anybody else? Esp. those used to playing SS?

AMBASZ's Avatar Libertus

Same problem, east-osgiliath, tried with graphics at lowest level still the game keeps "hanging" and i have to do a reboot.
    i'm playing chivalry II at the moment without any problems so it isn't graphics related, at least i think...

I've a similar problem. Mordor attacks east Osgiliath and half way in to the battle the ai becomes passive and the lag is insane. I get response every 3rd seconds or so.

I get this CTD problem when in attacking Cair Andros, mine crashes just as it finished loading. has anyone found any solution to this yet? i really want to play sieges!!!