Thread: Elite Units Pack [W.I.P.]

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Default Elite Units Pack [W.I.P.]

Figured I would make some new units for the upper levels of the tech tree. I've made 6 new units so far, but don't have the names or unit cards in.

The 3 "featured" units are the high level elite line infantry. They are a normal sized line infantry unit, all equipped with rifles. They require both machine rifling and mass production (top level textile tech) so you won't see them for a long time. right now I've also limited to 4, but I might drop the limit and just raise the cost and recruitment time. I have made one for India, Middle Eastern, and European factions.

European Guard Riflemen
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This is the only one I have actually done any skin editing so far. It's obviously the air rifle jaeger, but his pants are darkened, his hat is lightened, and the jacket set to faction color. Also the gold buttons and trim are made steel/silver.

Ottoman Guard Riflemen

This one uses the model for the Cemaat Janissary Grenadier, which isn't in the Grand Campaign anyway.

Indian Guard Riflemen & Indian Light Infantry

Rifleman uses the model from one of the lancers, the light infantry uses the elephant rider (light infantry requires light infantry doctrine)

Mounted Riflemen

Uses the Norwegian Ski Troop model. Extremely versatile sniper units, but they are terrible in melee and can't use light infantry drill (it's bugged with dragoon type units) so in a shootout with line they won't last long.

Available to the following military groups: British, Austria, Prussia, Sweden, UP, USA.

Heavy Dragoons

Heavily armed and armored, they are a great mounted melee heavy infantry. They can also dismount and use their shotguns for devastating short range firepower.

Available to the following groups: Spain, Venice, France, Poland

I don't have these units balanced yet (seems like no matter how low I set the accuracy for the rifle line, they are still too powerful) or have the names/descriptions or unit cards.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Elite Units Pack [W.I.P.]

A VERY GOOD WORK!!!

Citizen

Also, my computer isn't very good, so any preview shots I take aren't going to look that good
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesīr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

intrepid's Avatar Civis
    where I live? I don“t really live, I dream.

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Also, my computer isn't very good, so any preview shots I take aren't going to look that good

Can“t you increase the settings for the shots?

Also it looks very good, I specially like the mounted riflemen

Citizen

hah, no that's as high as my settings get.

I really need an upgrade.
    ttt

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

KEEP WORKING! Is a good mod!Ŗ

Very cool stuff the_mango. I like the idea of allowing a late-end unit to represent a common mid-18th century sort of rifleman. Never knew the lancer's model looked like that. Might need to utilize that model myself. Not like you have used him, of course! Really dig the European one. He looks wicked.
    Last edited by Ahiga; April 26, 2009 at 10:02 PM.

Citizen

One more before bed

Persian Immortals

Hybrid unit good at both ranged and melee, like guards, but with bows and axes instead of muskets and bayonets. They are great vs infantry, but not great vs cavalry, since arrows don't ave the stopping power of bullets and they don't have a long pointy weapon to fend off horses.

If anyone has suggestions I would like to hear them.
    Last edited by the_mango55; April 27, 2009 at 01:40 AM.
    ttt

If texturing their faces wouldn't look off on a different model, an idea would be for something of an Elite Black African Guard kind of unit, bearing musket and sword (or just musket and bayonet). Not sure what body to use (assuming texturing the face to be african wouldn't be problematic), any one that has a imperial, regal look to it.

Citizen

Dragoon helmet is pretty imperial and regal looking.

Maybe it could have some animal skins incorporated into it as decoration, like:

ttt