Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 announced and Map Pack and Tools released for ETW!!!

vonPauluS's Avatar Civis

Default Re: NTW3 announced and Map Pack and Tools released for ETW!!!

Yes,thank u for maps for multiplayer! And also for this great Mod! When can we see more info bout upcoming Modification: factions,time period,etc?!

hokomoko's Avatar Tiro

Things will be announced in due time

The Lordz Modding Collective

Vimes had never got on with any game much more complex than darts. Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves. -Thud!, Terry Pratchett

vonPauluS's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by hokomoko View Post
    Things will be announced in due time
    Than u bud!

Any chance that only the host needs the mappack installed?

the maps are great, the rapidshare link has reached its capacity so i upped it onto my premium account so it should have unlimited downloads now

http://rapidshare.com/files/226395189/Lordzmapmod.rar

icedz.

hokomoko's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Lucullus View Post
    Any chance that only the host needs the mappack installed?
    highly improbable

Vimes had never got on with any game much more complex than darts. Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves. -Thud!, Terry Pratchett

not too good. with more mappacks from diffrent people it will split the community again. something has to be done here.

vonPauluS's Avatar Civis

Agreed with Lucullus!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Empress meg - got problem with the custom maps!, they delete all the indian factions and all the names for any new units in my .loc file?? when i remove mod from mod manager all works fine!!

hokomoko's Avatar Tiro

A clarification:

The map pack contains it's own localisation file, and therefore will probably have collisions with other mods.
    In simple English, if you use a mod, the map pack (or your mod) will probably not work correctly.

It is possible and rather simple to tweak the map pack to work with a mod, but as the number of mods is huge, The Lordz will not do it themselves.
    We encourage modders to post such tweaks here, so we can add them to the first post (Obviously the LMC will not test them nor hold responsibility for any malfunction caused).

And this is why the Lordz continue to be one of the best gaming communities in the realm of the internets - always moving forward.

Thanks a lot you guys, I remember when NTW 1 came out for MTW, still cant believe you guys are together!

I noticed that in MP I can't play all maps but THE RIDGE 3vs3 with Grognard version F, just wonder why.

Very good to see our beloved Lordz back on the field ! Bravo !

About the compatibility issue of the map pack, it really won't work with 1.F. 99% chance it's due to the new units.
    Hence we have launched our 2.a version of the grog mod, so that people can play the new maps !

Keep up the good work dear Lordz ! I hope to see a very good NTW3 soon !
    Last edited by JC_von_Preussen; April 27, 2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: I definitely sux @ engish ; next time I'll write in french, that's your own problem guys ! :D

Hi all,

To solve the compatibility issue with The Lordz map pack with any other mod, the following lines need to be added to the localisation.loc file.

As it is not possible to have several localisation files, as is the case with db files, it isn't possible for The Lordz to make the map pack compatible with a mod, without altering the mod pack itself.

So any modding team wishing to make their mod compatible with the map pack, should include these lines in their localisation file. If no changes are made to this file by a mod, this alteration is not necessary.

Code:
    battles_description_desert	Dry River map - created by The Lordz Modding Collective	False
    battles_localised_name_desert	Dry River	False
    battles_localised_name_beachy	Quiberon Bay	False
    battles_description_beachy	Quiberon Bay map - created by The Lordz Modding Collective	False
    battles_localised_name_desertridge	Desert Ridge	False
    battles_description_desertridge	Desert Ridge map - created by The Lordz Modding Collective	False
    battles_localised_name_lowhills	Low Hills	False
    battles_description_lowhills	Low Hills map - created by The Lordz Modding Collective	False
    battles_localised_name_ridge	Ridge	False
    battles_description_ridge	Ridge map - created by The Lordz Modding Collective	False
    battles_localised_name_lowlands	Low Lands	False
    battles_description_lowlands	Low Lands map - created by The Lordz Modding Collective	False
    We are sincerely sorry for this inconvenience, yet this matter is hard-coded into ETW.

Regards

the LMC

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

Good job mates at the Lordz
    Nap 2 was awsome...except there was no Campaign because of bad AI
    And now we can relax now that Empire's AI is good(sorta) for the Napoleonic era

Unfortunately I'm not posting this from my pc since my pc is at the technician's so no ETW for now...
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; April 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM.
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Quote Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
    OK, how they will deal with 3D ? its still impossible to work with mesh files.
    If you have been paying attention Just has released his 3d model viewer and is almost done with an exporter.

Remo's Avatar Campidoctor

The maps feel a bit barren. They need fences or more objects around. The maps don't need to be so big, half as big would be better. Needs allot more detail in them, but I like them so far. They will be PC hogs being so big though.

When I look at the 2v2 map and saw the "Town", its far too small of a town, and it feels completely out of place.

I understand if these are beta maps, hopefully the full versions of them will be awesome.

Those maps are by far better than any of the vanilla maps. Good balance, room to maneuvre and makes fixed arty useless. Played these maps and the first time I had the feeling of taking part in 18th century warfare and not race to mount everest.

hokomoko's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    The maps feel a bit barren. They need fences or more objects around. The maps don't need to be so big, half as big would be better. Needs allot more detail in them, but I like them so far. They will be PC hogs being so big though.

When I look at the 2v2 map and saw the "Town", its far too small of a town, and it feels completely out of place.

I understand if these are beta maps, hopefully the full versions of them will be awesome.
    Thank you for the criticism.
    About the size, it's the same as any other map in E:TW.

I'm eagerly waiting to see your own maps, the community always needs more high quality maps.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast