Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Danish faction submod

Nirnaeth Arnoediad's Avatar Vive l'Empereur !

Icon2 The Danish faction submod

MOD "DENMARK"

INSTALLATION : copy/paste the compressed file into the napoleonic data (.../rome/napoleonic). Right click then choose "extract here" (you need winrar or winzip). Accept all the modifications. Now a new flag will appear in the battle menu .

To inactivate the submod and so play the original mod in multiplayer, juste extract this >>> ARCHIVE <<< into the data folder (.../rome/napoleonic/data). You can so reinstall the danish submod later on it, and repeat this method any times you want.

Units of Denmark
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

LINE

Militia

Line

Grenadiers

Royal Guard

LIGHTS
    Jægerkorps

Norwegian Voltigeurs

CAVALRY
    Bosnian Lancers

Lights dragoons

Hussars

Royal Horseguard

ARTILLERIE
    6 and 12 pounders, howitzer.

Now a special thank to Alexandre Dumas who makes this video :
    NAPOLEONIC 3D ANIM BATTLE SCENES: The Battle of Bornhöved/Bornhöft 1813. SWEDEN attacks DANEMARK

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
    => Lugotorix
    => Stilgar
    => herr Lindstrom, for his advices
    => The Lordz of course, who created their best mod with NTW II
    Last edited by Nirnaeth Arnoediad; June 01, 2013 at 09:18 AM.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Danish faction submod

How well balanced are these?
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Herr Lindstrom's Avatar Semisalis

They're roughly at par with the swedes. But with the additions of the lancers and militia. Because only i think 3 people actually have the minimod it makes testing on multiplayer a bit of a problem to do because me and my friend Hung Van live in two very different timezones (him in denmark, me in Canada on the pacific coast). If the Lordz dev team woke the up (excuse profanity) then I firmly believe that more people would be inclined to play this minimod.

BUUUT this minimod is far from finished. The Jaegers need a different model because they should be in grey and have shakos with green tassles, instead of hats. The pants on the Infantry and Grenadiers needs to be a dark grey, not purple. The Dragoons also need to have their pants retextured. so that they look something like this:

Also the Grenadiers need a different model. Danish grenadiers used either bearskin hats or Shakos so the French Grenadier and French middle guard models are good canidates. And they should have similar stats as the Prussian grenadiers because the Danish army trained under the Prussian Doctrines of Warfare, with a little bit of a twist to incorperate elite light infantry companies. (which i firmly believe should be added because only 1 battalion in a regiment had a grenadier company. the rest of the battalions (which there were 3 other battalions, so 4 per reg) would have 1 light infantry company per. They looked like regular line infantry but they used a different weapon and they had green cordons and tassles

Sorry that this post is soo long

Nice mod!
    "I came, I saw, and I didn't believe my eyes!"

Thank you for putting the effort to add the danes in the mod,+rep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0iXfJrghi0

Thanks !
    I agree, install this mod is a pb to play multi, also you can save all the original files change before installing. i will maybe do some "backup" compressed file, to allow to play to NTW II 1.0 again.

@Herr Lindstrom, you're right, and I will be honored to apply your advices. Can you send me a mp with a complete study about all the things that must be corrected ? I'll do my best to improve my submod.
    Last edited by Nirnaeth Arnoediad; December 11, 2009 at 06:53 PM.

sure. just give me a while to compile all my sources and pics and I'll send them to you asap. btw. do you have MSN?

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Im assuming you cant play multi with someone who doesnt have the mini mod right?

Formerly Vuvuzela

Sorry...but the answer is yes, you can't play with people having this mod. But I've not tried, it's just a logical hypothesis.

HOp!

I've removed the purple pants, and now they are grey. Thks to herr Lindstrom.
    Norwegian tirailleurs are greys now. See the new pictures of units.

guga380's Avatar Laetus

Nirnaeth Arnoediad. Exist some probability to create a imperial_campaign map to NTW2?

I believe not, but i did not liked the ETW, cause the camera moves very bad, and the RTW camera is perfect, the intel and playability too.
    I wonder if you could design a imperial campaign map, and i would help you. I know 3ds Max, soo i can help in model units, i know history too.
    soo we could substitute 20 RTW factions for 20 NTW2 factions, including United States, Brazil, New Spain, China, India, or more, and the npw2 designed factions to play in a global imperial campaing, i think this could be a great idea.
    what do you think about it?

... I think that should rather be in the form of a PM not a reply in a Topic about a Danish submod for N2TW... because that is compleatly off topic.

Back on Topic: I'll check those pics Benjamin

guga380's Avatar Laetus

you're right, sorry

Wo !
    This forum is died !

I would like to add another faction to NTW2, but it seems that nobody would play it.

Also, as I'm limited by the max number of unit, I'll have to use old 3D models with new textures for my new faction.
    What can I do ? Poland ? I don't see any other good faction during this period of history.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nirnaeth Arnoediad View Post
    Wo !
    This forum is died !

I would like to add another faction to NTW2, but it seems that nobody would play it.

Also, as I'm limited by the max number of unit, I'll have to use old 3D models with new textures for my new faction.
    What can I do ? Poland ? I don't see any other good faction during this period of history.
    I prefer adding the US or the ehine confederation.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

US are totally out of question. Nothing coherent with them for the napoleonic wars.
    For Rhine, it could be good, but the matter is that I can't add new 3D models, due to the limitation of RTW. So as many of their units are very specials and one, Rhine Conf isn't implementable.

US are totally out of question. Nothing coherent with them for the napoleonic wars.
    For Rhine, it could be good, but the matter is that I can't add new 3D models, due to the limitation of RTW. So as many of their units are very specials and one, Rhine Conf isn't implementable.
    ah, I see your logic.

but one doesn't ask the players for a new faction, knowing that the two most logical ones are out of the question. I simply don't know of any other options: you could try modding in the various republics on the fringes of the republic/empire (e.g Batavian republic, etc), but again, you'd run into the same problems as with the Rhine confederation, and they were, historically, just puppets of Napoleon; even the Rhine confed had more character/independence than them..
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

I'm not totally agre with you.

The US were absolutly not historically one of the " two most logical factions". Maybe a lot of players would enjoy it, but it's not the same thing.

For the rhine conf. I could try to do Westphalia (all the models are always in game), the Kingdom of Jérôme Bonaparte. Maybe Bavaria (but it would be difficult). Poland can be done to, but I'ld need to make an new 3D model (maybe can I find one free pool).

So I will think about it. As I now know very well how to add a faction quiclky and easily in NTW2 I could try many options.
    But if nobody is interested,...

The US were absolutly not historically one of the " two most logical factions". Maybe a lot of players would enjoy it, but it's not the same thing.

For the rhine conf. I could try to do Westphalia (all the models are always in game), the Kingdom of Jérôme Bonaparte. Maybe Bavaria (but it would be difficult). Poland can be done to, but I'ld need to make an new 3D model (maybe can I find one free pool).

So I will think about it. As I now know very well how to add a faction quiclky and easily in NTW2 I could try many options.
    for more 3D models, used ALX

There are many stakeholders, do not you worry.

You must do what you like without having to much you care what others think ...

The world around you should not consist only of praise, for be aware of your own existence.

I have never told you a word and yet, I downloaded your minimod, I've adapted to "Battle Corps" (Gunner24´s improve stats sub-mod) and play normally with them, sometimes.

Be happy man, continues to work if what you most want to do.

... congratz for the subMOD.

ah, I see your point: you want a faction that not only existed then, but was directly involved in the Napoleonic wars. now I see. the US, not being involved in that war, doesn't count.

actually, those factions you just wrote here are good suggestions. you should try Alex-if you can get it to work. I keep getting a KTM, even though I did everything to get it working.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast