Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Known Bugs (Read first post before posting)

Citizen

Default Re: Known Bugs (Read first post before posting)

The spikes of Serpant Guards change place while they fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharros View Post
    This happened when I was attacking Henneth Annun:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And when I get close to it this happens:

If I scroll downward after that I get a cool overhead view of the battlefield though.
    Heh, same to me, but with little diferencies: i had snowy weather and archers on m side so I saw only snow @ fired ammo on sky (blue ground) - zooming or mooving view didnt help.

And one more: i played few minutes normally before "sky collapses" on me .....
    Last edited by kephas; April 29, 2009 at 06:24 AM.

the link for hotfix doesnt work...

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Zanno View Post
    the link for hotfix doesnt work...
    Here try this one: http://www.filefactory.com/file/ageh...TW_Hotfix1_exe

Here are two screenshots I got:

Invisible Gondorian general

And a witch????
    Last edited by Walkman810i; April 29, 2009 at 08:39 AM.

Hey guys,

I'm not sure it it's a bug or not:

When the AI tries to flank my archers \ infantry and charge, it's not really "charging" but like the first horse reaches the target, then backs away to the rest. it takes them some long seconds till they try to charge and when they do - they dont "run and rush" and run over people. they just slash. Seldom they are, mostly not.
    Been playing on custom\campaign on M\H\VH.

Anyone encountered the same issue? maybe it's formation problem or something?
    Just to example: if i play the RRRC they try to run my over, so i know for certain it's not acting they way it should.

I'd apretiate an answer or an explanetion.
    Thanks.

On my game as the High Elves I'm trying to defend the bridge to the east of Imladris. I put an army there and usually get attacked by the orcs from the north east

. . -
    . + .
    . . . orcs= - me= +

problem is the game always crashes when I click start deployment on the battle map. I think it might be something to do with the battle map as the camera still spins round until I press 'start deployment' and It looks like the river is behind me instead of infront, which would mean that i'm in their deployment zone. It's also very hilly on the battle map almost like a canyon unlike the campagin map where it's still quite flat.

Might need some more testing, i don't know if it crashes if the enemy attacks from another direction but it does if they attack from the NE.

Gonxas's Avatar Decanus

With the High Elves I'm able to build Ikoner's Studio and Public baths???

Great frickin mod fellas!! Blown away!! No way I'll buy Empires now!!!

Been Playing as Isengard, 1900x1200 everything maxed(nvidia 9800gtx.) Noticed Uruk-Hai Raiders and Wargs (near the neck) have gaps in skins that show through like windows when fighting in up close view. Wargs sprites at long range look like camels or something. I'd thought I rid myself of sprites, i'll check the setting when I get home.

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Horse Guards use weird animation for their 1h polearm/spearlike weapon. It's more like quarterstaff swinging and matrix-like moves than using it like a normal polearm. I suggest switching to spear animation (e.g. in vanilla Reiters, Hobilars etc). They are very ineffective in melee and seem to have very small weapon reach.

Nordsmen Cavalry. Simply overpowered - not sure what animation are they using, but they butcher expensive, often elite cavalry units in melee without problems. My Variag Raiders use 1h axe too but lose 5-6x more men than them. I doubt it's just a case of attack and attack delay values.

Snow. Snow in battles! Get rid of it, it doesn't fit Middle Earth climate. There should be snow only in mountains, not in sunny steppes. It's impression-ruining for me as I play Easterlings right now.

Mountains inhabited by OOMM, mountain-like terrain in Mordor and mountains in general - lower the height if possible on battle map, smooth them. It makes random map creater on campaign map create vastly unbalanced maps, often making it impossible to move siege engine from place to place. In 99% cases it's only the AI that suffers.

Forgot to say, another bug. Trolls used to operate catapults of Mordor get 'small' every single time they are moving the catapult, then get back to normal size when they stop.
    Last edited by Achilla; April 29, 2009 at 03:38 PM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Certainly Warg raiders has the wrong sprites, i think is using the camels one.
    Contribuitor IBIICB-WOTN-Modeler-Scripter

dont know where i should put post..so here..
    i wonder just this..sauron Capitol on north west.pics said all that.." should nor been seen" so???
    wrong or ??

this just says that you are a cheater which will now make it impossible for you to win the campaign.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

It's a small issue, but I noticed that the horn of Gondor works for all the Northmen factions, but not for Gondor. In fact, Gondor is the only faction without a horn sound... Is there any way to fix that?

Another impassable river crossing in Lossarnach.

The Haradrim army just stood there and never moved. Also notice that all of the archers in the pic have fired but only the arrows on the left are visible. The rest simply "disappeared" upon release as if there was some invisible obstacle right in front of the archers.

The river crossing in question.

SPARTAN VI's Avatar Campidoctor

Noticed in at least 2 battles that my Gondor Marines do not throw their javelins when they're doing the animation. Move the up, they act like they're throwing them, but no javelins, no casualties, and no loss of "ammo." Eventually I'll get lucky and a few javelins will fly, but I can't count on them to part with their beloved javelins.

2016 TW: Warhammer Modding Winner!

SPARTAN VI's Building Progression Icons Mod
    Streaming Total War & Strategy Games - SPARTAN VI's Game Night

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    this just says that you are a cheater which will now make it impossible for you to win the campaign.
    I am a cheater now? LOL
    well,i dont user cheat,when in game. just wanna see then map.

Pls fix all banner (lots mongol banner) in city in battlefield and correct in Diplomat screen..they says "No,England" but i play as mordor,lol.

KK,thanks for good game TA:TW..too team

Krazy Kook's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ellin Athinaios View Post
    It's a small issue, but I noticed that the horn of Gondor works for all the Northmen factions, but not for Gondor. In fact, Gondor is the only faction without a horn sound... Is there any way to fix that?
    I'm having the same issue, and I'm just wondering if there's a quick and easy way to put in a horn sound for Gondor. Using the existing Rohan horn would probably work well, as it sounds very heroic and is a good fit for the human factions. Oh and just to clarify, I'm talking about the horn that all units (or at least cavalry) "blow" at the beginning of a charge. Not sure if the previous poster was talking about that or the Rally or Horn ability....

....and when using the Rally Troops ability, there is also no sound (for Gondor, can't confirm for others). I seem to remember there being a different horn sound in Vanilla, but its been a while. Oh and what is the Lion picture that is in the place of the Rally icon? I'm thinking its a Kingdoms thing, as I've never played any of the Kingdoms campaigns.

Any ideas? Would it be a relatively simple fix?
    --Fight, and you may die. Run and you'll live....at least a while.
    And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing,
    to trade ALL the days from this day to that, for ONE chance, JUST ONE CHANCE!
    to come back here and tell our enemies, that they may take our lives...
    ...but they'll never take OUR FREEDOM!!!

Alba gu brath!

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Kook View Post
    Oh and just to clarify, I'm talking about the horn that all units (or at least cavalry) "blow" at the beginning of a charge. Not sure if the previous poster was talking about that or the Rally or Horn ability....
    Actually I was reffering to both, as in both occasions the same sound file is used (or in this case is not used ). I figured it's because Gondor has a different culture than the other men (they have northern european while Gondor has... err, the gondor culture), so things got a bit messed up. I tried editing the descr_sounds_units_anims file to add the horn_gondor.wav to the gondor culture, but apparently it didn't work. Any ideas?

A couple more things (all minor graphics and such):

• Orc Fort in the Misty Mountains, SW of Frumsburg: back section floats with a big gap...
    • Troll Cage: Description of Knight's Stables
    • The Dark Lord currently is called "The Dark Lord The Honorable"
    • During an attack on Carn Dum, my reinforcements were "caught" in the mountains and could not get to the fortress
    No CTD and such nasties yet. Again, great job!!!

DS

Walkman810i's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ellin Athinaios View Post
    Right I said that here a few times before without any response.