Thread: Enable English speech with other language versions, e.g. German?

Default Enable English speech with other language versions, e.g. German?

Hi All, first of all, thank you so much for this absolutely fantastic mod!!!! Played it for about an hour now and it is so much more than I have hoped for.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    When I saw the event movie exploring the shire, I was almost crying!!

I have only one minor problem, I use the German version of MTW2 and you can imagine, palying as the High Elves, how redicoulus it sounds when my Generals call "JA mein Kaiser!" Meaning: Yes my Emperor! Sooo not Elvish, fits more to Gondor . Everything is in English now, except the speech. So, is it possible to activate the TATW speech sound within my German version, so everything is in English as inteneded, as is my guess? I remeber that this was done in some other mods as well, but I cant't find anymore the thread that gives you a step by step description on how to enable the sound in international TW versions other than English.

Thanks for your help!

EDIT: Update, I met the orcs of the misty mountains and when I click on them, they speak in English, with mod only content: e.g.: "I'm gonna stick you!" So my guess is, that for at least the elves, vanilla sounds are used, which means my German speech files are used. Now how do i get them to speek as intended by you modders?
    Last edited by G.Seimore; April 26, 2009 at 04:16 PM.

Sin's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Enable English speech with other language versions, e.g. German?

Same problem here, Dwarves talking the same weird HRE stuff ^^.

thread already on page 3, unaswered. Nobody knows how?

Civis

Playing as Rohan there are vanilla sounds too. (german)

Same with Isengard, though it does seem a little more fitting, but considering all the games text files seem to see Isengard as France, it does seem kind of strange that it gets German audio.

Alas, i was so hoping to get rid of the german voices!

I also have the German version and I'm also a bit annoyed by the German vanilla sounds, but the good news is that Smirk (the one that did the voice for the intro) has sent me an awesome update, where he got rid of all medieval-releated phrases and he even made orcish speeches and battle events. The guy is awesome!
    All this will be in english, of course.

I will include all this in the next patch...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008